Anything going on with these?

General Questions.
smiteo

Re: Anything going on with these?

Post by smiteo »

a-maze-ing wrote:
smiteo wrote:So, does it have an "algorithm"?
Nope, it's a revomaze als we know it.
Yay!
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
stet

Post by stet »

I was hoping these were going to come with a stand of some sort. I actually seem to remember there being talk of one. I can no longer fine the original announcement for these though. Does anyone have it?
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

stet wrote:I was hoping these were going to come with a stand of some sort. I actually seem to remember there being talk of one. I can no longer fine the original announcement for these though. Does anyone have it?
Well remembered, look what I found in the archives....

ReVoMaster wrote:Hi All

We are now taking orders for the Handmade version of REVOMAZE :o

Dubbed "THE BIG ONE!" :twisted:

The 20 ONLY puzzles requires two days of my time each to craft on my little machines here from scratch (other than the spring!) using quality materials :D

We hope to have them complete by December 2010

Anyone who has seen (or lucky enough to try REVOMAZE 1) it will be in the same format, with hand polished finish ;)

Each will be marked and supplied with a Special Certificate and case.

We are offering this to members of the forum on a first come basis before going on general sale using the links below 8-)

NOTE Rest of the World does not have VAT.... Please ensure you select the correct one.

Rest of world
http://www.revomaze.co.uk/products/prod ... ndmade.htm

UK and Europe

Kind regards

Chris
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
stet

Post by stet »

bluesign2k wrote:
ReVoMaster wrote: Each will be marked and supplied with a Special Certificate and case.
I take it that this is no longer true. I have to say that I'm really disappointed :(

After all these delays I hope that somehow Chris makes this right.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
Gold Plated CE #05:
stet

Post by stet »

I’m sure everyone has seen Chris’ latest email update on these. Because of the site change that happened I can’t find most of the original announcements and discussions on these. Where did the idea that this was going to be a different/very difficult puzzle originally come from? I can find some discussion of this mostly from other forum members. There is some talk of 25% harder or more difficult than the silver and such but I’m not sure where this idea originated. Was all of this just hearsay or did some of this stem from the early (and now archived) announcements and discussion from Chris himself?

Somehow early on everyone got the idea that this was going to be one of the most difficult RevoMazes but that doesn’t seem to have been the intention of it.

How did we get so mistaken?

edit: I see in the FAQ that this is listed as "more than extreme (125)", so what happened?
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
LE #05:
Gold Plated CE #05:
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Indeed. The Handmade was intended to be rated at 125, and I cannot imagine a scenario in which a basic blue design can be altered into a level 125 puzzle. I fear that the intent was rather to include a Blue Pro mechanism or Black v2 type design; both of which are interesting puzzles, but not even close to the 125 mark :?
maztec

Post by maztec »

I think the 125 actually is just a rating of turns necessary, not raw difficulty. You could make a puzzle with 10 moves and be near impossible to solve, but then how do you rate it?

But yes, many of us thought it would be more difficult than the silver, but not necessarily dynamic. I guess we will see what we shall see.
OOOOOOOoo
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

I really hope A) that it indeed does have a difficulty rating of 125 like previously said. B) if a special box is not included, for time constraints, that one will be provided at a reasonable later date. C) the coins that are already made as far as I've seen through pictures are also supplied. With the last two being semi-important considering that this is the most expensive revo made to date, I really hope we at least get something along the lines of the silver at least!
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

stet wrote:Was all of this just hearsay or did some of this stem from the early (and now archived) announcements and discussion from Chris himself?
The only two archived posts referring to the handmade are these:
ReVoMaster 29/08/2010 wrote:Hi All

We are now taking orders for the Handmade version of REVOMAZE :o

Dubbed "THE BIG ONE!" :twisted:

The 20 ONLY puzzles requires two days of my time each to craft on my little machines here from scratch (other than the spring!) using quality materials :D

We hope to have them complete by December 2010

Anyone who has seen (or lucky enough to try REVOMAZE 1) it will be in the same format, with hand polished finish ;)

Each will be marked and supplied with a Special Certificate and case.

We are offering this to members of the forum on a first come basis before going on general sale using the links below 8-)

NOTE Rest of the World does not have VAT.... Please ensure you select the correct one.

Rest of world

UK and Europe

Kind regards

Chris
ReVoMaster 02/09/2010 wrote:Hi All

Just created the Handmade forum and have moved the post in the General section into the Handmade REVOMAZE-General section.

The pre-order members have all been added to the Handmade REVOMAZE-Registered Group.

I would like to thanks all members who have pre-ordered within two days of the puzzles being announced. The puzzles will be very special.

Next I am having a meeting with the engineers regarding the Orange, Yellow and the next batch of puzzles to be made.

Busy times ahead :oops:

In future we will make larger batches of specials due to the growing numbers of collectors. Once the Yellow and Handmade are complete, we will be making 50 specials in future.

As you may know, we had just 20 coins for each special and that was the limiting factor this time so I apologize to all who wanted one of these and who did not get in this time.

Best regards

Chris
...and this which was posted to only the mods for some reason???...
ReVoMaster 04/04/2011 wrote:Hi All

After reviewing this thread, I would like to update you.

We have the material (picture below) and have drilled the 3mm hole, then drilled and bored out each sleeve hole. Finally we have put the 10mm slot on top. On my equipment that took a long time.

Next we are finishing off the outer part of the sleeve before polishing. Draws are next and then the maze.

I am keeping a log of what is being done and will update you more regular basis.

We are to produce boxes special to this like the one I discussed elsewhere :

Here is some shots of my prototype (3D Printer):

Communication will improve and I am allocating more time on the development to complete. These will be as good (if not better ) than REVOMAZE 1.

If anyone is ever concerned, please discuss directly with me so I can correctly address your issues.

Kind regards

Chris
Way back before the handmade was announced Chris saw that people enjoyed solving the handmade because it was a bit special and at one point mentioned making something similar as an SE. As far as I can remember Chris never mentioned anything more about it until it suddenly appeared for sale on the forum... neither Nigel nor myself knew anything about it.

The 125 rating in the FAQ was taken from the product page (now gone when the old shop went) and I was always under the impression that it was going to be really hard... if you remember, the red was supposed to be the hardest Red ever but when that didn't turn out to be the case, the Handmade was supposed to take that title (see here). To be honest, I was always of the view that it should be challenging not super hard... like the bronze. Clearly this would have to be a clever design since it wasn't going to be dynamic (I think it was assumed to be a static maze since it was handmade).

Manifestjp wrote:I really hope A) that it indeed does have a difficulty rating of 125 like previously said. B) if a special box is not included, for time constraints, that one will be provided at a reasonable later date. C) the coins that are already made as far as I've seen through pictures are also supplied. With the last two being semi-important considering that this is the most expensive revo made to date, I really hope we at least get something along the lines of the silver at least!
a) I hope it doesn't because otherwise I think you'll end up having to navigate a feature like the "interesting" bit in the red
b) me too
c) the coins are made, I've seen them. I offered to take them and post them at an MPP many moons ago. As the gold was to be released soon after that time it was agreed that the coins would go in the box with the golds.

I really wish I could tell you more, but I really don't know anything more... infact having seen the image of Louis', I'm confused as to why they appear not to be serialised :shock: I certainly hope the "issue 2" are!
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Killerkel

Post by Killerkel »

So what is going on here?

How come two have been given their handmade's and rest have to wait?

Who selected them to get theirs first? And why do we have to wait?

My questions

SE aren't we so pose to get a stand with them and a coin?

I have my SE set now but only one coin, why can they not be shipped now? Why have I seen a picture with someone who has all their coins on this forum?

I hate paying up front for puzzles, it always leads to bad feelings when they are not delivered on time, why not just take a deposit and then ask for full payment when they are ready to ship!

I don't get it sometimes it can't be that hard....... can it.......?

Return to “Handmade General”