Revomaze Discord

For all general forum discussions.
User avatar
prodigy
Posts: 1368
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:35 am
Location: Sweden

Revomaze Discord

Post by prodigy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:23 pm

I start a thread here for the Revomaze Discord discussions. I will try to move posts to this thread.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - SALMON

User avatar
prodigy
Posts: 1368
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:35 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Revomaze Discord

Post by prodigy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:30 pm

I don't know how to move posts so I just copy the information. Maybe an administrator can move or split the threads.


chris_linnick:
You should join the revomaze discord group. Discuss it on there. Trying to launch this to replace the revomaze forum eventually. More immediate responses.

dasrevo:
chris_linnick wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:14 pm
You should join the revomaze discord group. Discuss it on there. Trying to launch this to replace the revomaze forum eventually. More immediate responses.
You know that the inventor of the Revomaze is basically the owner of this board? You have been discussing this with Chris, to replace this Forum with Discord?
If not, then ..... stay a bit modest please.

chris_linnick:
You know that Chris P created this discord and mentioned it as a possible replacement?

BlackClub:
link?

dasrevo:
chris_linnick wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:50 pm
You know that Chris P created this discord and mentioned it as a possible replacement?
No I did not, but if that is the case all is ok! I seriously dislike Discord, pity if that is gonna be the replacement.

mereacregrigore18:
I don’t think discord should or can replace the forum Chris. In all honesty now and nothing against. I’m on the discord group but discord should be an option but not a replacement. You can’t replace all the information here accumulated over the past years over to discord. Especially all the members. Whoever wants to be here, fine. Whoever wants to be on the discord chat, fine too. :roll:

chris_linnick:
BlackClub wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:07 pm
link?
They posted the link on facebook a few days ago.

I've discussed with them but nothing is confirmed yet. I know that no matter what the forums will not go away. But I like discord a lot more than the forums. Here it feels a bit clunky, slow to respond to various items. Discord it's a lot quicker and easier to communicate with fellow puzzlers. Easier to also avoid spoilers via the spoiler tag and more. But to each their own.

BlackClub:
don't do facebook

is there another link?

chris_linnick:
BlackClub wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:24 pm
don't do facebook

is there another link?
DM sent.

But it’s public so here:

https://discord.gg/qzGggVs

ghxost:
mereacregrigore18 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:35 pm
I don’t think discord should or can replace the forum Chris. In all honesty now and nothing against. I’m on the discord group but discord should be an option but not a replacement. You can’t replace all the information here accumulated over the past years over to discord. Especially all the members. Whoever wants to be here, fine. Whoever wants to be on the discord chat, fine too. :roll:
I think its meant more as an option and less as a replacement.

chris_linnick:
Exactly, the forums would hopefully still be around. I can't imagine they would shut them down. But I'm glad, I hope they use the discord group more and the forums less. The interface and everything about discord is better than the forums. Don't get me wrongs, the forums were great and are a wealth of knowledge, but as time goes on different technology/social media comes up.

I think discord can be considered a forum 2.0. Accomplishes the same but just does it better, in my opinion. I really don't know what advantages the forum has over discord now that it's available (excluding backlog of posts that will remain).

prodigy:
dasrevo wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:10 pm
chris_linnick wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:50 pm
You know that Chris P created this discord and mentioned it as a possible replacement?
No I did not, but if that is the case all is ok! I seriously dislike Discord, pity if that is gonna be the replacement.
Yes me too. I think this forum works great and that it should be kept as it is.

BlackClub:
Perhaps a Mod needs to split this conversation into a new thread?

I don't think many people will see it here, maybe put it into General?

OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - SALMON

chris_linnick
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:19 pm

Re: Revomaze Discord

Post by chris_linnick » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:33 pm

Whew that’s a lot. Lol. And to make sure it’s clear, just sharing info from discussions with Chris and Rachel. A formal decision hasn’t been made
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Purple, Black, Black merc.
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com

User avatar
prodigy
Posts: 1368
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:35 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Revomaze Discord

Post by prodigy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:51 pm

I tried the Revomaze Discord page and I couldn't navigate at all and for me it is exactly what I don't like with internet nowadays. It is just too many post about nothing and people posting things just for just for the sake of it. It is just a random chat that is hard to follow and too much information, blinking icons etc.

I guess I am just too old for this and I am that person who does not use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. But I love Revomaze, solving puzzles and discuss puzzles and I think this forum is the perfect place for it. We just need to correct some bugs that we have here for the moment.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - SALMON

dasrevo
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:43 pm
Location: Allemagne

Re: Revomaze Discord

Post by dasrevo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:03 pm

prodigy wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:51 pm
I tried the Revomaze Discord page and I couldn't navigate at all and for me it is exactly what I don't like with internet nowadays. It is just too many post about nothing and people posting things just for just for the sake of it. It is just a random chat that is hard to follow and too much information, blinking icons etc.

I guess I am just too old for this and I am that person who does not use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. But I love Revomaze, solving puzzles and discuss puzzles and I think this forum is the perfect place for it. We just need to correct some bugs that we have here for the moment.
I fully agree and maybe I am also too old 😀
!=solved
?=in progress
Bronze! Gunmetal! Green! Titanium! Orange! Indigo! Silver! Gold! Blue!

chris_linnick
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:19 pm

Re: Revomaze Discord

Post by chris_linnick » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:14 pm

Keep in mind this discord is less than a week old. There aren't any other channels or categories really set up, so at the moment is misc chit chat. But that's a good point, maybe there needs to be a 'general discussion' and a 'revomaze discussion', to limit personal talk to the revomaze discussion? Just a thought.
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Purple, Black, Black merc.
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com

User avatar
prodigy
Posts: 1368
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:35 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Revomaze Discord

Post by prodigy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:31 pm

chris_linnick wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:14 pm
Keep in mind this discord is less than a week old. There aren't any other channels or categories really set up, so at the moment is misc chit chat. But that's a good point, maybe there needs to be a 'general discussion' and a 'revomaze discussion', to limit personal talk to the revomaze discussion? Just a thought.
I think it is good as it is divided here. General is GENERAL discussions about Revomaze related topics. Different sections for each maze, "Other puzzles of interest" section with general PUZZLE discussions and then an Off Topic section where it is OFF TOPIC discussions (general discussions not related to Revomaze), but clear threads for each discussion and easy to see if there are any new posts for each section you are interested in.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - SALMON

User avatar
Aldan
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 10:38 am
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: Revomaze Discord

Post by Aldan » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:04 am

prodigy wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:31 pm
chris_linnick wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:14 pm
Keep in mind this discord is less than a week old. There aren't any other channels or categories really set up, so at the moment is misc chit chat. But that's a good point, maybe there needs to be a 'general discussion' and a 'revomaze discussion', to limit personal talk to the revomaze discussion? Just a thought.
I think it is good as it is divided here. General is GENERAL discussions about Revomaze related topics. Different sections for each maze, "Other puzzles of interest" section with general PUZZLE discussions and then an Off Topic section where it is OFF TOPIC discussions (general discussions not related to Revomaze), but clear threads for each discussion and easy to see if there are any new posts for each section you are interested in.
I absolutely agree. The forum ist structured for it's purpose and topics are easy to find. Trough the quick links you can easily get to all new posts you haven't read yet, so I don't really see why we would need someting different? Forums exist since the beginning of the internet and they still do for a reason. They simply work.

But maybe I am also just in the too old group :lol:
Open: BLUE - BRONZE - INDIGO - MINT - COPPER - GUNMETAL - AQUA - GREEN - TITANIUM - ORANGE - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - TURQUOISE - LIME - BLACK-ObsV1 - SALMON - RED - GOLD - BLUE_Pro-Obs - GREY - BLACK-ObsV2
Ordered: PURPLE

Rdroege
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Revomaze Discord

Post by Rdroege » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:47 pm

Forum is way better IMO. Discord is like a group live chat. Turns chaotic pretty quick. Forums are more asynchronous and you can take time to read and post.
BU00613 open GR00374 open BR00308 open R00026 open
AG00262 closed OR00127 closed
AU00168 boxed TI 38/50 boxed LI 00012 boxed

dasrevo
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:43 pm
Location: Allemagne

Re: Revomaze Discord

Post by dasrevo » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 pm

If something with chatroom functionality is going to be used, why not go oldskool and use IRC as ALOT of the ppl here are older than 40 ;-)

/join #revohq
!=solved
?=in progress
Bronze! Gunmetal! Green! Titanium! Orange! Indigo! Silver! Gold! Blue!

Post Reply

Return to “General”