New here

For all general forum discussions.
mcparty
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:38 am

New here

Postby mcparty » Thu May 26, 2016 3:42 pm

First and foremost, I just want to introduce myself to everyone since I am new here and apparently a little late to the revomaze party. Better late than never, I guess. Name is Mike and I am from Mount Prospect, Illinois. I am a science teacher (biology and physics) and have recently developed an obsession with puzzles. Started with the Hanayama cast puzzles and realized that those are a little easy, even on the hardest scale. Decided to test my hand and order the bronze to start, which is on the way. Seemed like the best one to get the most bang for the buck... :?

Right now, I am wondering if anyone is selling any of their mazes. I really don't care too much about the competition aspect, but would love to have a more complete collection. It seems like a lot of them are "sold out" or "discontinued" and are VERY difficult to find.

Once again, super excited to be a part of the community!

-Mike
Obs :) 6/23/16 Obs :) 7/4/16 Obs :) 7/19/16 Obs:Unopened :(
Aqua :) 2/26/19 Green :) 1/30/19 Mint :) 2/12/19 Bronze :) 2/17/19 GM :? Indigo: boxed

User avatar
Lilmike14
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:09 am

Re: New here

Postby Lilmike14 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of Revomaze.

I also tried the Bronze as my first maze but couldn't do it, I found the learning curve too steep and got a Blue aswell.

I wish you the best of luck with it, and if you need any tips, the guys and girls that have solved it probably won't give you any :twisted:

But they will tell you to map and be there for encouragement :D

Mike
Blue V2 = Open 17/5/16
Blue Obession V2 (extreme sleeve) = Open 5/10/16
Blue Obsession Pro V2 (extreme sleeve) = Open 5/10/16

Green Obsession = Open 29/5/16

Bronze V1 = Open 22/2/17

Salmon - Ordered

Titanium = Open 26/7/16

User avatar
darctangent
Posts: 512
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: New here

Postby darctangent » Thu May 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Welcome to the madness Mike!
There are some current mazes out there you can pick up, and others come up from time to time. They should be doing another run of Indigo at some point. The rarer mazes (Purple, Handmade, Black) will require deep pockets.
Cheers!
Shane.
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105

User avatar
Dorothea
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: New here

Postby Dorothea » Thu May 26, 2016 4:12 pm

mcparty wrote: I am from Mount Prospect, Illinois


......maybe BluesBrother would have been a nice nickname.......

Welcome to the madness !!!!
BU GR BR AG AU TI PU OR LM R GM CU AQ IN MTSE MT SL? BLM? (HM)
BUop BLo1 BLo2 mini / ♀? ♁?♂? (hb GRX R1 mini R2)

mcparty
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:38 am

Re: New here

Postby mcparty » Thu May 26, 2016 4:19 pm

Dorothea wrote:
mcparty wrote: I am from Mount Prospect, Illinois


......maybe BluesBrother would have been a nice nickname.......

Welcome to the madness !!!!


I agree! There used to be a bar in my hometown with the old cop car on display. Bar has since closed. It was called the "Blues Bar."
Obs :) 6/23/16 Obs :) 7/4/16 Obs :) 7/19/16 Obs:Unopened :(
Aqua :) 2/26/19 Green :) 1/30/19 Mint :) 2/12/19 Bronze :) 2/17/19 GM :? Indigo: boxed

mcparty
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:38 am

Re: New here

Postby mcparty » Thu May 26, 2016 4:19 pm

Lilmike14 wrote:Welcome to the wonderful world of Revomaze.

I also tried the Bronze as my first maze but couldn't do it, I found the learning curve too steep and got a Blue aswell.

I wish you the best of luck with it, and if you need any tips, the guys and girls that have solved it probably won't give you any :twisted:

But they will tell you to map and be there for encouragement :D

Mike


Would you recommend just the blue or the aqua as well? Is the aqua even necessary outside from a collector standpoint of things?
Obs :) 6/23/16 Obs :) 7/4/16 Obs :) 7/19/16 Obs:Unopened :(
Aqua :) 2/26/19 Green :) 1/30/19 Mint :) 2/12/19 Bronze :) 2/17/19 GM :? Indigo: boxed

User avatar
Brian706
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:59 pm
Location: Washington, USA

Re: New here

Postby Brian706 » Thu May 26, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi Mike,

I'm pretty new as well; only been in the revo game for about 6 months now.

I started with the aqua and it was a fun maze to learn on. It was challenging enough but really introduced me to how these things work. I've since also solved blue and green. I am just now getting to my bronze and am already stuck on the first part. I can tell this thing is going to be a beast to tackle.

I think it's really helpful to have seen the core of a revomaze. It gives you a much better understanding of how they work, even though each one has it's own unique tricks. I was happy to start with a static maze, as that was tricky enough. Bronze will be my first dynamic maze to work on and I have a feeling it's going to take me a pretty long time.

Good luck and welcome to the madness!

-Brian
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG

User avatar
Lilmike14
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:09 am

Re: New here

Postby Lilmike14 » Thu May 26, 2016 5:41 pm

mcparty wrote:
Lilmike14 wrote:Welcome to the wonderful world of Revomaze.

I also tried the Bronze as my first maze but couldn't do it, I found the learning curve too steep and got a Blue aswell.

I wish you the best of luck with it, and if you need any tips, the guys and girls that have solved it probably won't give you any :twisted:

But they will tell you to map and be there for encouragement :D

Mike


Would you recommend just the blue or the aqua as well? Is the aqua even necessary outside from a collector standpoint of things?



I'm afraid I couldn't tell you, the only maze I have solved thus far is the Blue(I don't own an Aqua), I think it was a great introduction maze, and should hopefully give you hours of fun.

But best get some responses from people with both to find their opinions on which is best.
Blue V2 = Open 17/5/16
Blue Obession V2 (extreme sleeve) = Open 5/10/16
Blue Obsession Pro V2 (extreme sleeve) = Open 5/10/16

Green Obsession = Open 29/5/16

Bronze V1 = Open 22/2/17

Salmon - Ordered

Titanium = Open 26/7/16

User avatar
Brian706
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:59 pm
Location: Washington, USA

Re: New here

Postby Brian706 » Thu May 26, 2016 5:52 pm

Lilmike14 wrote:I'm afraid I couldn't tell you, the only maze I have solved thus far is the Blue(I don't own an Aqua), I think it was a great introduction maze, and should hopefully give you hours of fun.

But best get some responses from people with both to find their opinions on which is best.


Hmm, that's a good point. I solved it as a beginner maze and I had a lot of fun doing it. And I also had a lot of fun solving blue. I could see where aqua might not be as fun if you've already solved way harder mazes, although surely it would still be some fun, even if it were a bit too easy.

For reference, it was my first maze and took me ~10 hours to solve. From what I've seen from the seasoned Revomazers, it took most of them 2-3 hours to solve.

There is also the price point to consider; it's nearly half the price of the other revos... Plus, it's a nice one to hand off to friends and possibly get more people into Revomaze, which could equate to more profit and theoretically more productions.
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG

mcparty
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:38 am

Re: New here

Postby mcparty » Thu May 26, 2016 6:45 pm

Brian706 wrote:Hi Mike,

I'm pretty new as well; only been in the revo game for about 6 months now.

I started with the aqua and it was a fun maze to learn on. It was challenging enough but really introduced me to how these things work. I've since also solved blue and green. I am just now getting to my bronze and am already stuck on the first part. I can tell this thing is going to be a beast to tackle.

I think it's really helpful to have seen the core of a revomaze. It gives you a much better understanding of how they work, even though each one has it's own unique tricks. I was happy to start with a static maze, as that was tricky enough. Bronze will be my first dynamic maze to work on and I have a feeling it's going to take me a pretty long time.

Good luck and welcome to the madness!

-Brian


Brian,

Thanks for the reply. I am really considering getting the blue to have as a beginner, but I don't necessarily want to spend the money right away. I want to get a feel for how difficult these are, so I can impress myself later.

Maybe at the end of the month, when I get paid!

Looking forward to beginning my journey!

-Mike
Obs :) 6/23/16 Obs :) 7/4/16 Obs :) 7/19/16 Obs:Unopened :(
Aqua :) 2/26/19 Green :) 1/30/19 Mint :) 2/12/19 Bronze :) 2/17/19 GM :? Indigo: boxed


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests