Which one to buy first

For all general forum discussions.
SittingDuck

Which one to buy first

Post by SittingDuck »

So I unfortunantly stumbled upon the Revomaze recently. I say "unfortunantly" in regards to my wallet, as these puzzles seem to be right up my alley :D

What I am really wondering about is which one to start with. I suspect that I will buy a bronze as my second Revomaze, but I suppose it would be a good idea to start with one of the simpler ones at first. The reason for wanting the bronze is that many seem to like it, and it also seem to require a lot of thinking and effort, without being too frustrating.

From what I have been able to read so far, I am leaning towards the blue, as most seem to enjoy this quite a bit, and it may serve as a good introduction to the series. Still, I wonder if anyone has an opinion about if the aqua would be an equally good start? My main concern about the aqua would be that it will be solved too quick, and therefore not as enjoyable as the blue (and feel like less value for the money). Also, do you find it fun to redo them after the initial solving?

I could of course go for all three, but given the import taxes and a rather bad development in exchange rates, that would be quite an investment at present time (I am almost glad that the special pack with aqua, blue and bronze is sold out)!

Secondly, from what I have read, some Revomazes seem to be more of a dexterity challenge than others, on the borderline of being frustrating. As I suspect I may not enjoy the ones overly focused on dexterity relative to others; are there some mazes I should avoid (both green and copper may fall into this category if I recall corretly)?
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
Brian706

Re: Which one to buy first

Post by Brian706 »

From my limited experience, I'm new as well, I'd probably recommend you the blue as you seem to want more of a challenge. I had a blast opening aqua as my first puzzle, and it did a good job of laying the groundwork for blue. Blue was definitely a harder puzzle and has one especially tricky part. So I'd say blue for you since you want to start out a little tougher.
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

Both, aqua and blue are good to learm the basics about revomazes.
As you plan to go for bronze aqua will do a great job for less money.
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
Orko

Post by Orko »

What dorothea said. ;)
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

Thank you for the replies.

Could anyone comment on the "reopening value" after the first solve? Is it still fun to solve it, or is it kind of "done" after the first time? (For comparison; I do seem to enjoy solving the same puzzles over and over, like the Rubik's Cube).

I may have given the wrong impression in my first post in regards to the bronze. Even though I do want the bronze, it's not that I don't want any of the others and just want a quick introduction before getting the bronze. It will probably be a good while before I can make an investment in the bronze, so I would expect that my first Revomaze will be able to keep me interested for a while.

After reading some more, I think that I will probably get a blue, as this one seems to give more "puzzling" for the money than the aqua, and therefore worth the price difference.

I also see that there is an (out of stock) package with blue and aqua at the moment for 150£. I would probably get this one if it was available. Does anybody know if this will be available again at a later time, or if these kind of sales are common for Revomazes?
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
Sledneck27

Post by Sledneck27 »

I enjoy opening them over and over again. I can't wait to show them off at work. As far as the Aqua/Blue package, that's what I did, but I thought it was a Christmas special. Right after I got mine ordered, the package showed, "out of stock" too. I would email.
V1 AQ00096 - Open.
V1 BU02237 - Open.
V1 GR01922 - Open.
Cah20

Post by Cah20 »

My favorite to replay is the bronze, though I have thoroughly enjoyed going around and around on the indigo. You can't really start with either though, so I would suggest starting with blue.

WARNING--- once you start, you'll never stop! :lol:
Open: Blue, Green, Bronze, Titanium
Working: Orange, Indigo
Closed: Copper, Lime, Silver, Gold, Mercury
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

Thanks for your input.

I have been waiting/hoping for some kind of sale on the Revomaze while trying to decide which to buy.

So with the store updated today it was time to make a choice. It really came down to the package with the Blue and Bronze, or the Blue, Bronze and Indigo.

Although the latter was a tad expensive for my taste, I finally decided to just go for the package with all 3, as I assume I would want to get the Indigo anyway if I end up enjoying them. Might as well get it at a discount.

So I guess I'll see you in the owners section in (hopefully) not too long!
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

SittingDuck wrote:I finally decided to just go for the package with all 3, as I assume I would want to get the Indigo anyway if I end up enjoying them. Might as well get it at a discount.

So I guess I'll see you in the owners section in (hopefully) not too long!
Wow, way to step up! Let us know how your progress goes. :)
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

I haven't played with Indigo yet, but I've never been disappointed with a revomaze puzzle. Sounds like you made a good call.

Return to “General”