Patience is one thing...

For all general forum discussions.
altarego

Patience is one thing...

Post by altarego »

... turning a blind eye is another. It's been almost a year since the gold was supposed to have gone 'gold'. It's been over a month since the forums have had any official word on the progress of the puzzle.

I never was, nor will I be a contender for the puzzle contests. I do, however, appreciate a well-constructed puzzle. So over a year ago, I jumped on the chance to purchase the collector's kit, figuring the gold release was just a few months away, the titanium not long after.

I'm not so much concerned about getting the final product, quality production and all; Chris has been excellent about quality control. I *am* concerned that the Revomaze will soon be obsolete due to the 'delays'.

It's about time Chris owned up to the fact that he reached a little too far in his design expectations and either rework the gold puzzle or make the puzzles himself. Twelve months is too long to wait for what will be a limited machine run of at most 100-150 pieces of metal.
mattangel

Re: Patience is one thing...

Post by mattangel »

Chris has been supplying those that pre-ordered the Gold with weekly updates via e-mail. If you have not been receiving these e-mails, send a note to gold@revomaze.co.uk. They will also contain clues to the algorithm.

There were several issues, but it appears as if the release is imminent *Crosses fingers*
altarego

Post by altarego »

That's all well and good. But I didn't order the gold or the silver because after the blue, green, bronze (and red) I just ordered the collection. I don't see why those notices can't be made public, at least on the forum. Color me skeptic, but the gold release has been imminent for that last 6 months. I won't be ordering a single thing until we get confirmation that the gold is released and has no functional issues (i.e. silver v1).

/rant
adamwest

Post by adamwest »

I have a feeling that there will be " :shock: imagined :( " "V1" gold issues. I know I will blame all my lack :oops: of progress on the idea that I got a bum puzzle. :lol:
Proud owner of set #16 (RevoTaster)

BU00016 OPEN x and o
GR00016 OPEN x and o
Black o OPEN
BR00016
OPEN
RD00016 OPEN
AG00016 OPEN
AU00016 CLOSED
OR00016 OPEN (mark you're just mean ;) )
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

altarego wrote:That's all well and good. But I didn't order the gold or the silver because after the blue, green, bronze (and red) I just ordered the collection. I don't see why those notices can't be made public, at least on the forum...
You're missing what Matt is saying, you have pre-ordered the gold because you pre-ordered the collectors set which contains a gold. Therefore you should be receiving the weekly updates.

As for making the announcements public... a) it's Chris' choice what he wants to make public, b) it's only really the people that are waiting for a gold that are waiting so whether or not it's in open forum isn't really relevant.

The fact is that Chris got repeatedly screwed by engineers, be it those who made the cores or those that did the plating (yeh, it used to be separate companies). They kept making promises of when batches would be done, and to the quality that Chris required and when updates were given previously. Chris (being the trusting guys he is) was effectively just passing on the message... when Revos first emerged, the promises from the engineers were all kept so Chris had a certain amount of trust in them. Honestly though, with all the trouble Chris has had, if I was in his shoes I'd have probably packed it in already... maybe with the exception that I think I'm generally less tolerant than Chris and so would have told the engineers where they could stick their multiple batches of dead stock, and gone elsewhere sooner. I digress...

Chris swapped engineers just before the gadget show and has been working hard with them to get things back on track since then. I believe it took a little while to get all the designs sorted out... the new engineering firm produced proper engineering drawings of the designs. Based on the latest update I think we're really not that far off... in the e-mail before last Chris told us that he'd received a date of 31st May from the (new) engineers... so fingers cross they'll all be fine and we can all get back on to revoing.

I'm not trying to make excuses here, the wait has been crap even Chris will admit that. But as much effort as Chris puts in, ultimately if the engineers don't deliver then neither can he... I know he was getting pretty disheartened that the perception of Revos was (is) getting tarnished by the lengthy delays, but I'd like to think that things are looking up.

Chris (the other one :P )
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

one problem with the gold updates is that they are all over the place...
there are old ones in "Announcements", some in the Gold general group, some in the registered group, some buried inside posts...

And the main revomaze.co.uk webpage "News" is woefully out of date...
Plus the gold puzzle still says release Q1 2011...
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

I consider myself lucky that i dread the gold and am happy that its so far behind! I still got silver to work on! DELAY IT FOREVER!

Honestly? Good for chris! He really stuck to his guns then and we know where his loyalties lie for the fact he didn't want to deliver us a crap product. With him fighting the good fight? We got much to look forward to. Thx, doods!

N
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

smiteo wrote:one problem with the gold updates is that they are all over the place...
there are old ones in "Announcements", some in the Gold general group, some in the registered group, some buried inside posts...

Hmm, yeh I know, I did debate collating them and putting them into one announcement but then Chris started giving updates with the Gold e-mails.

Ideally these sorts of updates belong in the News page on the main site but as you say, that's well out of date. I'm hoping that once the gold is sorted and out that a bit more focus can go back onto the website... I think the main site isn't being update as regularly as it probably should be as Chris was on about updating.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

smiteo wrote:one problem with the gold updates is that they are all over the place...

I've gone through everything (I think :lol: ) and posted a compiled list of updates here
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

That was quick :shock:
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
Minirepair