Monthly Update - June 2014

For all general forum discussions.
Chyron

Re: Monthly Update - June 2014

Post by Chyron »

It was more to give them a unique look rather than to effect it's durability.

It's so thin it doesn't really effect the maze as well, which is good because otherwise everything would have to be re-machined to fit properly.

Generally speaking, unplated = bronze
Plated is normally nickel, but they did offer gold "Exclusively" for the CE. Not sure what actual metal was used for those, but I'm certain it wasn't actually gold.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
astr0creep

Post by astr0creep »

Chyron wrote: Plated is normally nickel, but they did offer gold "Exclusively" for the CE. Not sure what actual metal was used for those, but I'm certain it wasn't actually gold.
Actually I'm pretty sure it was 24 carat gold plated, the cores are all brass.
Blue Obs open
Black Obs V1 open
Black Obs V2 open
Blue Ext open
Green Ext open
Bronze Ext open
Silver Ext open
Gold Ext open
Orange Ext open
PU SCW UK in progress!

Mercry Open, kinda...

astr0creep
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Oh well in that case, nice! Based on the flaking and whatnot I've seen occasionally with the Nickel Revomazes, and the fact that gold is much softer a metal, I'd never ever assemble one of those if I'd chosen that set.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
DWishR

Post by DWishR »

Well, a whopping 3 Orange/Lime mazes have been sold in the week since this went up. All three sales were almost immediately after announce. Feels like there's going to be a long wait if they're trying to collect 17 sales before making the actual orders.
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

Id say there are close to 200 puzzles paid for and being waited on at present. Thats not including the future releases either. I really dont understand why they are selling more and more puzzles when there are still r1 sets being waited on from years ago. If im understanding this correctly, they have the machines to work from home now. Why not just make the puzzles people have paid for and stop selling more pre-orders. Its actually quite annoying because everyone knows this will just cause even more delays. Now if I were a new comer and had read some of the stuff on here about waiting times, pre orders etc I would never have brought a single puzzle. As much as I like and appreciate the care gone into the puzzles made, I still dont like the way things seem to work here. Maybe that is why these puzzles just wont sell :|
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

I believe the machines for the R2 sets are in-house now, but not the R1's.
DWishR

Post by DWishR »

robbaylis79 wrote:Id say there are close to 200 puzzles paid for and being waited on at present...There are still r1 sets being waited on from years ago.
Wow. Just, wow. I had no idea. I don't even... I didn't think anyone manufactured the R1s at this point. There's the new marbles manufacturer. But they're only making Blues and Greens. So where are the rest of those supposed to come from? Are they supposedly sitting in a warehouse somewhere? They aren't being made as best I can tell.
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

Im not sure how many are, but I heard a few talking about waiting for their CE sets only a few weeks ago still...
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

I'm looking forward to the next monthly update, which was supposed to be posted yesterday. Hopefully we will hear from Sophie today...
Starting over
Mrhero

Post by Mrhero »

AndrewParr wrote:I'm looking forward to the next monthly update, which was supposed to be posted yesterday. Hopefully we will hear from Sophie today...
Then stop looking forward to a June's update :lol: because June's monthly update was early ;) we all need to wait another month :(
OR00253 open 20 h 23/11/13
GR01832 open 2.5 h 2/12/13
LM00253 Uuuuuuuuuuuuughhhh.
AG01864 finally cracked the beast!! 100h 19/09/2020

Return to “General”