New products!

For all general forum discussions.
ceagull333

Re: New products!

Post by ceagull333 »

So do you think the Titanium is made of Titanium? Or just Titanium colored? A Titanium revomaze would be lighter. I'd pay extra for a real Titanium puzzle.
BR110 Open GR296 Open GR Obs Open BU652 Open BLObs Open Black Obs Open AG104 Open Red Obs Open RD46 Open AU46 Open Purple (not right!)HM08LE (sealed)OR46 Open LM113 Open GM Open TI46 Open Aqua,CU on hand Indigo on order
altarego

Post by altarego »

I thought the sheath was anodized Al, which is significantly lighter than Ti...

Unless you mean the shaft, which would make it slightly lighter and slightly more resilient, due to TiO. I'm no engineer, but I imagine the cost increase would be fairly significant.

BTW

Can anyone tell me what "FOC" means on the collectors set shipping cost (to the US)? Perhaps "free of charge"?
ReVoMate

Post by ReVoMate »

or F*** Off Customs?

Free On Completion? :lol:

Funny Opening Case???
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

I was really hoping it was actually made of Ti, but looking at the picture, it just looks anodized like the rest of the set. Unless its anodized Ti, but that would rather defeat the purpose wouldnt it?

As for the shipping cost, i assumed FOC meant Free of charge. If thats true, i wasnt sure why chris didnt just write "Shipping: Free". It might be a UK thing. or maybe because shipping isnt free, its just that the buyer isnt being charged; which i guess is a UK way of saying it.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
maztec

Post by maztec »

Wonder how much it would cost to produce a titanium sheath. I am going to bet it wouldn't be cheap. Then again, Titanium doesn't cost all that much $12 per pound or so .

Now, that would be really cool, if Chris put out a series of the Silver/Bronze/Gold/Titanium made out of their materials. Talk about an expensive collectors item!
OOOOOOOoo
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

maztec wrote:Wonder how much it would cost to produce a titanium sheath. I am going to bet it wouldn't be cheap. Then again, Titanium doesn't cost all that much $12 per pound or so .

Now, that would be really cool, if Chris put out a series of the Silver/Bronze/Gold/Titanium made out of their materials. Talk about an expensive collectors item!

If theres a serious desire for this, I'm certain chris would do it. I wonder if he would upgrade the CE set to be the true metals and do the blue and green in stone/marble of the appropriate color.

Cryptex.org has some sexy cryptex 'scroll cases' (i dont consider them puzzles) and they are all made out of metal, wood, and stone. for those who havent seen them... very hot! (but also very expensive, more than a working Ramisis)
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
altarego

Post by altarego »

Bugger, don't make them more expensive. :?

I'm currently trying to convince myself that I need a CE in the first place, considering I've only just purchased my first one (and a Bronze, at that).
Ironkong

Post by Ironkong »

stet wrote:I really hope that the Titanium becomes available to those of us who pre-ordered the original set of 5, especially those of us super early adopters who got the SE versions.

I will be greatly disappointed if I can't get one without having to purchase an entire 2nd set. I would consider it a slap in the face to everyone who pre-purchased the original 5 piece set (no longer available it appears) if we can't get the new 6th puzzle.

It would be great if Chris let us SE owners pay the difference and get the Titanium with matching SE number (#5 for me) and the nice case.

Also, will it be possible for us to get matching numbers with the red and orange? I was able to get the matching number for the black LE.
i was thinking the exact same thing, i just can't afford the whole new set for the sake of a case and one new puzzle, shame realy. :cry:
Check out theflowfieldunity.com. Brother-in-laws comic site!

BU00026 - Opened, alone and lonely!
GR00002SE - Re-homed
BR00002SE - Re-homed
AG00002SE - Re-homed
BL00002LE - Re-homed
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I have the number 1's and feel it's now becoming a money thing :evil:
ReVo BU00001SE under the garden patio
ReVo GR00001SE under the X mark the spot
Revo BR00001SE went through the window and back again
Revo AG00001SE hit postman with it
Revo GU0001SE its a mystery
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Plus I'm still waiting for my coins and stands :evil:

---

I also gave something extra to go to Children in Need and never heard any more on that :evil: :evil:
ReVo BU00001SE under the garden patio
ReVo GR00001SE under the X mark the spot
Revo BR00001SE went through the window and back again
Revo AG00001SE hit postman with it
Revo GU0001SE its a mystery

Return to “General”