Getting Stuck?

For all general forum discussions.
hadem

Getting Stuck?

Post by hadem »

I have just ordered my first Revomaze, the Green Revomaze to be exact, last night. It should be here sometime in the middle of next week! This will be perfect for all of the holiday traveling I have planned. :)

One question that I have been wondering all this time was, what happens if you get stuck somewhere in the maze? I thought I remember reading somewhere that there is a way to reset the puzzle? Is this true and if so, how does that work?

I'm sure some of this is explained in the manual, but I was unable to find any information about the manual anywhere online.

Any starter tips for a new guy to the Revomaze puzzles? :)
[|||]==
[|||]==
farrel669

Re: Getting Stuck?

Post by farrel669 »

Hey Hadem, and welcome to your new addiction :)

Reseting the maze is very intuative, basically you will hear a click and feel the shaft go "slack", when this happens you have fallen into a trap and will have limited options on where you can go and in most acses you need to reset, then you just follow the roads back to Rome. Its that simple.

The green has no areas where you can get properly stuck, you will always be albe to reset, but remember to treat the puzzle with some respect, easier said than done when the frustration starts to set in, as hard resets will start to take their toll on the shaft.

Enjoy the puzzle and keeps us all posted on your progress.

Tom
BU00008SE - Open
GR00008SE - Open
BR00008SE - Open
AG00141EX - Open
BL08LE - Open
LM00284 - ????
OR00283 - ????
Thestreetzking

Post by Thestreetzking »

I had a question but didnt want to start a new topic. I have a choice to purchase one maze, its probably only going to be one, I was thinking of picking up silver or bronze only because I want it to last since its the only one. Someone told me you learn something from every one though, is it bad to just jump in?
cdr2289

Post by cdr2289 »

Thestreetzking wrote:I had a question but didnt want to start a new topic. I have a choice to purchase one maze, its probably only going to be one, I was thinking of picking up silver or bronze only because I want it to last since its the only one. Someone told me you learn something from every one though, is it bad to just jump in?

That's true. But if you only ever buy one, buy the silver. It'll keep you busy for a good long while, or the bronze - will also keep you busy - just might give you a fighting chance of solving it!!
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
farrel669

Post by farrel669 »

I wouldn't recomend the Silver as your first, people struggled with the Bronze as thier first and the Bronze is significanly easier. If price is the issue the plastic revomazes that are soon to be released will be a better money to puzzling time ratio, and several of them are based on the designs of their metal counterparts.
BU00008SE - Open
GR00008SE - Open
BR00008SE - Open
AG00141EX - Open
BL08LE - Open
LM00284 - ????
OR00283 - ????
Thestreetzking

Post by Thestreetzking »

the plastic is amazing, my only problem is will they be available in the us? cause for me to get 1 shipped from the main site is 50, I can get a silver for like 130 shipped here.

If they will come stateside, say thinkgeek.com or whoever, then I will def go that route.
hadem

Post by hadem »

UPS says that I should get mine tomorrow! I know what I will be doing over my lunch break! :)

One other question I thought of, not that I will need the answer for a while, haha, but, how does the center shaft go back into the sleeve? Basically, how do you put the puzzle back together?
[|||]==
[|||]==
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

...putting 'em back together is a fairly simple process that you'll receive excellent instructions for as soon as you convince Chris that you've opened it.... all will become clear - fret not... and enjoy! :shock:

allard
[Make sure you read the instructions that come with the puzzle as well...]
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
cdr2289

Post by cdr2289 »

hadem wrote:One other question I thought of, not that I will need the answer for a while, haha, but, how does the center shaft go back into the sleeve? Basically, how do you put the puzzle back together?
trust me, focus on getting them apart! you won't likely be in a hurry to put it back together LOL :)
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
hadem

Post by hadem »

cdr2289 wrote:
hadem wrote:One other question I thought of, not that I will need the answer for a while, haha, but, how does the center shaft go back into the sleeve? Basically, how do you put the puzzle back together?
trust me, focus on getting them apart! you won't likely be in a hurry to put it back together LOL :)
Haha, this is too true. I now have it and I have figured out the reset pretty quickly. :P
[|||]==
[|||]==

Return to “General”