Which one to buy first

For all general forum discussions.
SittingDuck

Re: Which one to buy first

Post by SittingDuck »

Cah20 wrote: WARNING--- once you start, you'll never stop! :lol:
If I had only listened...I am currently wanting to get them all now!

I absolutely loved the blue, which took me about 5 hours to solve (I spent way too much time in a place where I really shouldn't, because I didn't realize what it was. For me, mapping is obviously a must).

Spent about 5 hours on the bronze now, and I must say that it is really a step ut from the blue. Mapping is not enough for this one, you actually have to think as well to understand how to progress. I must say, I am impressed with how Chris has managed to design this. I can't wait to get it open and actually see the maze!

These puzzle are pretty much exacly what I expected after reading about them, and I am very happy that I discovered them in the first place. If anyone reading this is one the fence, I would give these mazes my warmest recommendations. If you love puzzles, that is.

Although, I will repeat Cah20's warning: you will not be able to stop after the first one ;)
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
tgr

Re: Which one to buy first

Post by tgr »

SittingDuck wrote: Spent about 5 hours on the bronze now, and I must say that it is really a step ut from the blue. Mapping is not enough for this one, you actually have to think as well to understand how to progress. I must say, I am impressed with how Chris has managed to design this. I can't wait to get it open and actually see the maze!
I must be working more or less in parallell with the bronze, and I totally agree. Mapping is not enough, but it does help.

Mapping the blue was quite straightforward. I used a drawing program on my Mac (Sketch) and drew the path as lots of small rectangles with rounded corners. For the bronze I think I need a different approach since the paths do not always seem to be straight. And there are some very strange things going on... After being totally trapped after just a few moves, I managed to find a way out a couple of times without quite understanding how I did it. Now I know exactly, what to do to get out, but I always end ut at the beginning...

I think I know what I need to do next, but haven't quite gotten there. And then again, I may be barking up the wrong tree.

This is weird -- and exciting.
BU02248 Open
GR01925 Open
BR02212 Open
IN00096 Working
MT00022 Working

Return to “General”