Revomaze Sections

For all general forum discussions.
Will

Revomaze Sections

Post by Will »

I have seen on the website here and there mentions of specific Revomaze parts, such as the Not-a-canyon of silver and the Euro of Bronze. But although the sections are clearly defined I have never seen a list made by someone about them.

Could someone possibly came up with a list that names and defines each section of a revomaze, or is it too much of a spoiler?

EDIT: The spoiler has been deleted

I don't know what others think, but this doesn't seem much of a spoiler to me, and if Revomazers that have already opened a maze can post something like that it I would be very happy! :) Ever noted the preview on the back of a DVD case? The Revos are too complex to not deserve such a thing.
Last edited by Will on Sun May 27, 2012 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Re: Revomaze Sections

Post by bluesign2k »

People gave areas names so that they could discuss progress with others who had reached these places without giving much away about the actual features in the areas. Making a list of the names with explanations of them defeats the point of having them in the first place (IMHO)
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

bluesign2k wrote:People gave areas names so that they could discuss progress with others who had reached these places without giving much away about the actual features in the areas. Making a list of the names with explanations of them defeats the point of having them in the first place (IMHO)
I agree. And considering that many people can't agree on which name denotes which area a list would end up being pretty ambiguous anyway.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

Part of the fun is finding these areas and figuring out what they are. I think a list and description would sort of give it away and ruin the experience.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Paradox wrote:I agree. And considering that many people can't agree on which name denotes which area a list would end up being pretty ambiguous anyway.
It always amuses me where there's clearly crossed wires about what area people think they're in and where they actually are... the bronze is (as usual) a great example, so many people think they've found the euro until they actually find it :D

It's all part of the fun though... no? :P
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

I think a sort of informal list would be a good idea. Just a sort of list only accessed too by asking to see it. Maybe just the names of the areas.
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Fabregas485 wrote:I think a sort of informal list would be a good idea. Just a sort of list only accessed too by asking to see it. Maybe just the names of the areas.
In most of the mazes only a couple of areas are semi-officially named. After that people will just start to make up their own names, and then those will start to get confused with the names other solvers are giving the same areas.

If people want to make their own annotated maps showing what they think each area of a maze is called then that would be a great idea, but they would have to be kept to their own puzzle specific open areas to avoid spoiling anything for people currently working on them.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

I think the first post in this thread is full of spoilers. If you are getting info that you would otherwise be discovering as you went along, that's a spoiler!! It takes away that Ah Ha moment as you stumble across it and feel it out yourself. Without that, why are we doing Revomazes again? To brag to others about which section we're up to, and what's coming up next :?: Don't take away the discoveries.

Return to “General”