Where can I buy one?

For all general forum discussions.
moqee

Where can I buy one?

Post by moqee »

I live in the U.S. and I'd really like to get a revomaze. The first time I saw a revomaze was through thinkgeek.com but they told me that they no longer will carry the product due to a lack of product from supplier. Now they don't even show it on their website. I don't want to pay international shipping. Is there any distributor in the US that sells new revomazes? If not when can we expect to see an increase in supply and who will be selling them? Thanks.
mattangel

Re: Where can I buy one?

Post by mattangel »

Welcome to the forum!

While puzzlemaster.ca periodically carries Revomazes, the puzzles are often pricey due to mark ups and shipping from Canada. The plastic range (obsessions) is cheaper while still maintaining very high quality and tolerances. I hate to suggest that you dive in, but they're really great puzzles. If you're interested in any of the metal puzzles (primarily V2's in the menu), there may be some available despite what the website says. Send an e-mail to Nicole Carr (nicole.carr@revomaze.co.uk), and she'll check the inventory if you're interested in those.
moqee

Post by moqee »

Thanks mattangel. I am interested in the metal ones. Does anyone know why they are so hard to find at the moment? Anyway, it seems like a great product. I hope they do make more.
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

The CE is still up for orders if you feel like collecting all series revos and a special edition titanium! Someone may live near you and be willing to meet up to show you what all the fuss is about! :D What's your puzzling background? We may be able to help you decide whether these are proper puzzles for you. Just know that once you get your first one your likely to be hooked like the rest of us" :D :ugeek:
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
maztec

Post by maztec »

There have been ongoing production issues with the plating. The plating is important because it reduces wear and tear on the maze over time. However, if the plating fails, your puzzle can get jammed and not work. Turns out properly plating a puzzle where you are using a pin that puts quite a bit of force on it and rubs across it is actually quite difficult. Failure to properly clean surfaces after machining or to properly rinse after cleaning or properly finish after plating, so on and so forth, can result in a nonfunctional maze.

At least, that is the cause of some of the delays. The good news is that Chris seems to have fixed most of those problems at this point and now it is just a matter of getting adequate machine time in order to resume production.
OOOOOOOoo
moqee

Post by moqee »

Thanks for the explanation maztec. I don't mind waiting for Chris to refine the product. As far as puzzling experience, I have done a few puzzles throughout the years but recently I've been really getting into it. I was thinking of starting with the bronze. The reason is because I do not want to solve it too quickly. The product is cool but expensive and I want the puzzling to last a while. Any thoughts on this approach.
BarnDoor

Post by BarnDoor »

I would suggest starting with an obsession Black V2, as it is available now, and then progress to Bronze.
That way you will get started soon, and also get an idea of what a core looks like. For not much money relative to the cost of the Bronze.
y2khappens

Post by y2khappens »

Is there really no place right now to purchase a metal revomaze?
Bill
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

y2khappens wrote:Is there really no place right now to purchase a metal revomaze?
I reckon that if you were to contact Chris or Nicole then you might find some available at Revo HQ. Apart from that I think that all of the other usual suspects (Puzzle Master et al) are now completely sold out.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
HorizonShadow

Post by HorizonShadow »

Sorry for hijack:

There's no plans to discontinue the extreme series right?
BluEx: Needs more money BluOb: Solved
GrEx: Needs more money GrOb: Solved
BrEx: Needs more money BlOb: In Progress
SiEx: Needs more money ReOb: Soaking wet.
G00088: Pre-Ordered R00088: In Box

Return to “General”