General Pre-launch Discussion

General Questions
jerryloo71

Re: General Pre-launch Discussion

Post by jerryloo71 »

Dorothea wrote:I think producing and sending in batches is more effective than waiting for all 100 puzzles to pile up at revo HQ before sending them out.
As the numbers are fixed nobody will have a "first batch set" advantage, its even possible to get a product with problems that are fixed later.
My understanding and impression is that between the 1st person in the 1st twenty and the last person in the next 80, the waiting time would/should not be that long, especially since the target is to release 3 puzzles a year. Hopefully past lessons have been learnt. Everyone who has paid for a Voyager Status (limited to 100) will, upon payment get a new puzzle at some point. As Sophie has emailed me:-

Every customer with Voyager Status and who purchases Venus will receive it, as with Mercury the earliest orders will be in the first batch and every order after this will be in date order with the first person to pre-order receiving the puzzle first and the last person to order to receive it last

Personally I would rather not be in the 1st batch (for problem testing). I would rather receive a puzzle later that is totally free of problems (assuming should there indeed be problems discovered in the 1st 20).
stet

Post by stet »

CzMeteo wrote:How did you already pre order this?
I emailed Sophie and then Chris sent me a PayPal invoice.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

jerryloo71 wrote:
Dorothea wrote:I think producing and sending in batches is more effective than waiting for all 100 puzzles to pile up at revo HQ before sending them out.
As the numbers are fixed nobody will have a "first batch set" advantage, its even possible to get a product with problems that are fixed later.
My understanding and impression is that between the 1st person in the 1st twenty and the last person in the next 80, the waiting time would/should not be that long, especially since the target is to release 3 puzzles a year. Hopefully past lessons have been learnt. Everyone who has paid for a Voyager Status (limited to 100) will, upon payment get a new puzzle at some point. As Sophie has emailed me:-

Every customer with Voyager Status and who purchases Venus will receive it, as with Mercury the earliest orders will be in the first batch and every order after this will be in date order with the first person to pre-order receiving the puzzle first and the last person to order to receive it last

Personally I would rather not be in the 1st batch (for problem testing). I would rather receive a puzzle later that is totally free of problems (assuming should there indeed be problems discovered in the 1st 20).
Im curious how they will handle problems if they arise with the first 20.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
jerryloo71

Post by jerryloo71 »

03SVTCobra wrote:
jerryloo71 wrote:

Im curious how they will handle problems if they arise with the first 20.
Yep, me too.
tauceti

Post by tauceti »

Hi,

so I got informed that the first 100 places aka Voyager Status are already taken...
So does that mean that I won't get any of these puzzles at all or how long do I need to wait till they get into mass production?
Thats sad :(
Mrhero

Post by Mrhero »

tauceti wrote:Hi,

so I got informed that the first 100 places aka Voyager Status are already taken...
So does that mean that I won't get any of these puzzles at all or how long do I need to wait till they get into mass production?
Approx. 4 years buddy, and then these flying saucers will be ours! :twisted:
OR00253 open 20 h 23/11/13
GR01832 open 2.5 h 2/12/13
LM00253 Uuuuuuuuuuuuughhhh.
AG01864 finally cracked the beast!! 100h 19/09/2020
zebrafinch

Post by zebrafinch »

Mrhero wrote:

So they plan to make these purchasable to anyone who did not join the 100 voyager club in 4 years?

Kind of a weird business model for these puzzles, usually you want to sell as many of them as people will buy.

I would not mind pre ordering a mercury after the complete batch but I did not want to commit to the voyager club without really having the puzzle in hand and seeing if I would enjoy it as much as I did the revomazes.

They could have gone a Kickstarter route to raise more money and judge demand?

Oh well, no point checking the website anymore since they wont be buyable until 2018 if it all.
Mrhero

Post by Mrhero »

zebrafinch wrote:
Mrhero wrote:

So they plan to make these purchasable to anyone who did not join the 100 voyager club in 4 years?

Kind of a weird business model for these puzzles, usually you want to sell as many of them as people will buy.

I would not mind pre ordering a mercury after the complete batch but I did not want to commit to the voyager club without really having the puzzle in hand and seeing if I would enjoy it as much as I did the revomazes.

They could have gone a Kickstarter route to raise more money and judge demand?

Oh well, no point checking the website anymore since they wont be buyable until 2018 if it all.
But still, maybe it will take them less than 4 years or more, idk. The best solution is to contact sophie :D
OR00253 open 20 h 23/11/13
GR01832 open 2.5 h 2/12/13
LM00253 Uuuuuuuuuuuuughhhh.
AG01864 finally cracked the beast!! 100h 19/09/2020
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

... and thats why picking random dates or times out of thin air and conveying them as fact is totally unhelpful both to other users and Chris. Kindly refrain from such speculation in future.

zebrafinch, if you are interested in purchasing puzzles I suggest you contact Sophie. I can't disagree that on the face of it the proposed availability is odd, but there's evidently *some* reasoning behind it. While I think the 100 Voyagers should have first refusal, I don't see why future batches couldn't be made soon after to satisfy further demand. Unless non-voyagers register interest then Chris won't know the size of the interest.

Chris
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

I'm on the waiting list! Lets let Revo HQ know there are more people who want these puzzles!
Starting over

Return to “Mercury General”