Revomaze Competition! 10 X Revomaze Purple Up For Grabs

General Questions.
03SVTCobra

Re: Revomaze Competition! 10 X Revomaze Purple Up For Grabs

Post by 03SVTCobra »

maztec wrote:
smiteo wrote:Its about time for Jospeh or Revomaster Chris to post an update and their feelings and intent for this Lottery.

Or not, as there is no way they can make everyone happy. Up to them. :)
There is no way to make everyone happy but out of fairness for us that were looking forward and working towards the competition it shouldn't include everyone who has purchased a puzzle. If anything it should be only people who have solved them. I don't even know where I stand as far as the leaderboards are concerned and going by them might even exclude me but It should be based on the leaderboards.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
stet

Post by stet »

Mr. Tea wrote:I thought the competition was originally something to do with people on leaderboards and this is what a-maze-ing and astr0creep have won
No, what they won was the new/alternate version of the Series Code competition. Originally the Gold puzzles were going to include the 5th mylar map/maze. The first person in each region (one in Europe, one in the US) to solve all 5 series puzzles, line up all 5 mylar maps/mazes, and solve the series code was to win an automatic spot in their region's finals thus giving them a Purple (the finals were going to be a competition for solving the Purples). This accounted for 2 of the 12 Purples, the other 10 were to go to the competition winners, 5 for each region, 1 for each of the series puzzles Blue through Gold. Then in each region the finals were to be performed using the Purples where the winner got a cash prize.

Somewhere along the line Chris decided to not include the mylar maps/mazes with the Golds so this was his alternate way of doing that part of the competition.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

FWIW. I don't think the the maps were never going be be in the Golds. This was to prevent someone just cutting it open with a hacksaw and ruining the series code bit. I remember discussing it with Chris and Nigel many many moons ago.

Other than that, stet is bang on.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
pcad

Post by pcad »

1 minute 53 seconds !!! :shock: Wow, that's a great time on the Blue Pro ! It would be ironic if you're the only person that gets a Purple based on how fast they can open a puzzle. Even more so since it was never a part of the original competition. Please put a post in the best blue pro thread with that time. Now the only problem is that you have to be twice as fast to win the prize. :twisted: Man, what a great time, sheesh! :D
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
darkunderdog

Post by darkunderdog »

Long time no talk... I'm sad to see that the Las Vegas thing isn't going to happen... Was excited to see all my fellow revomazers... :(

Blue - BU00570 - Opened
Green - GR00335 - Opened
Bronze - BR00236 Opened
Silver - AG00103 v2 - Opened
Gold - Ordered
Red - Ordered
Orange - Ordered
Blue Orb - Opened
Black Orb - Opened
Red Orb - Stuck In Rainbow World
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

Everyone is, of course, entitled to their own opinion and I have stated mine, but as I (and several others) have stated before, they were never going to please everyone!!!

Therefore, I don't think they will change anything about the competition. Though I definitely agree, one of them should step in soon and explain why they have decided this approach and how it was the best idea they could come up with considering the leaderboard and Las Vegas etc. idea was scrapped. They must have tossed several ideas around and this was obviously the most reasonable. I definitely can't think of any other reasonable idea.

I think Chyron may be on so something:
Chyron wrote:The promotion itself is a form of advertisement, get the word out now before the new R2's, bring back old customers. Might lose a few customer's, but might gain more.
...... and I also totally support Killerkel's idea ;) :
Killerkel wrote:Can I make the suggestion that he runs the competition/lotto giving 20 or so away...
that's four cents from me then :? ;)
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

In my opinion ... Being in Canada i was piss about the previous chance of winning one since las Vegas and uk were too far for me .... The revomaze company grow world wide and several revoers were out of reach for competition ... The way they have chosen give everybody a chance to win one... But i agree that those compétition should happen anyway but keeping the lotery to!!!!!! ;) i have spend lots of money too so i should have a chance to win one
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
RevoGuy

Post by RevoGuy »

Firstly both I and Chris would like to thank each and every member of our Revomaze community for supporting us and our puzzles over the last four years.

We have been working hard over the past few months to draw a positive conclusion to the R1 and after many setbacks to both Revomaze and Chris personally we are now getting close to doing so. We are excited about moving onto R2 and getting back to doing what we do best; which is producing challenging, precision engineered puzzles.

I am sure each and every one of you can appreciate that Revomaze, although universally enjoyed, is a small independent company ran from the garage of the Pitt family home and we are not in the position, although we wish we were, to host events in Las Vegas. We would however like to give people everywhere the opportunity to win a Revomaze Purple puzzle.

Three such puzzles have already been awarded; two to our lucky series code winners who successfully completed each puzzle and were able to navigate the series map in the quickest time. The third puzzle was awarded to Chris Purssell for his tireless work behind the scenes on our user forum for which we are very grateful. This is the same reason why we have recognised our moderators in the lottery as a simple gesture of our appreciation for the work they put in on the forum.

I would like to apologise for the controversy the lottery has caused, but both I and Chris feel this is the fairest method to distribute the last 10 Purples to everyone who has supported Revomaze both in the past as well as those people who have only recently joined our puzzling community.

The lottery is as inclusive as possible and is open to everyone in our community who wishes to enter. However, no one has automatically been entered and you must register to have a chance to win. Therefore you must be an active member of our community to have a chance at winning. As soon as 13/02/2013 arrives no more entrants will be permitted. We made the decision to give Collectors the chance to win a Purple puzzle, this is why we have allocated tickets on a collected not open basis, as a thank you for their continued patience.

We are aware of the Opening Order (Leader board) and are extremely grateful and proud of everyone listed and we will be producing a roll of honour, available to anyone who wishes to receive a copy.

When Revomaze was first created it was hoped that it could replicate the Rubik’s Cube in popularity but due to difficulty in manufacturing we have never reached those heady heights. We also feel we have surpassed the Rubik’s; our puzzle is not about how fast you can open it, it’s just about opening it. Each person enjoys their Revo experience in a different way and for that we are extremely proud.

We are aware that many of our community would like the opportunity to pit their skills against one another in a “speed competition” and we are more than willing to give you that opportunity but it would have to be contingent on two things;

Firstly, we would have to able to attract enough people to make it worthwhile. 100 entrants would be our minimum number.

Secondly, we would have to ask that entrants pay a small fee to cover the cost of renting a venue (if there was one involved) as well as the insurance we may require to hold such an event. But if people in our community would be willing to participate I would be more than willing to organise such an event in the UK. Anyone who wishes to hold such an event in USA would have our blessing to do so. Prizes would be made available for these events.

Finally, just to clarify one point; we have made one Purple available for sale on our website but we do not expect anyone to purchase the puzzle with such a high price but anyone who can open a pro in under 60 seconds will receive that puzzle.

Thank you for your opinions they are appreciated and considered. Unfortunately we are aware we cannot keep each and everyone happy but I hope you can all understand our position and please feel free to contact me via email or PM to discuss anything Revomaze related.

Kind regards

Chris & Joseph
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

Thanks for that guys :D
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury
hobbit

Post by hobbit »

I believe the leader boards were already full when I joined this community, at least it never entered my mind that any chance existed I could get on a list. After only a short time it was obvious to me that no such contest would ever be held - certsainly not in the U.S.

Honestly, after paying and waiting for months and months to receive some of the mazes did any of you really think the competition was going to happen? Crap, for awhile you didn't even think you would ever get what you paid for - some people even asked for their money back.

Do I think the announced lottery is fair to those on the leader boards? No, I don't. I would be as disappointed as they are that the lottery isn't limited to only leader board members. But some of us would be unhappy regardless of how it's handled.

The main thing here is that Chris be able to remain in business until Revomazes do become as popular (ar at least as well-known) as the Rubik's Cube - and I honestly believe that time will come...
eventually. Then you will have real bragging rights and "I was the xxth person to ever open a Bronze Revomaze" will mean something.

<2 cents
Obsessions:
Blue, Green, and Black - Opened.
Extremes:
Blue, Green, Bronze, Orange - Opened.
Red, Silver, Gold - In-hand.

Return to “Purple General”