Hanayama Cast Puzzles

jerryloo71

Re: Hanayama Cast Puzzles

Post by jerryloo71 »

Twist looks very nice...at first glance I thought it looked like the Cast Ring...
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

Hello

I received cast twist yesterday from wil strijbos, it doesn´t look as good as on the photo because of the fissures between the parts its constructed of.

But it works smooth like expected

Nice new puzzle.
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

I have been playing with the Cast Cylinder for a few months now. I got it apart fairly quickly, but putting it together proved to be very challenging. Puzzle Master is a great website (from Canada!) that offers solutions to many puzzles, but not the Cast Cylinder (at the time of writing).
I found someone on the internet who had a vague description of the reassembly process, as provided by the puzzle's inventor, Vesa Timonen. I plan on creating a word document with photographs, and also a YouTube video explaining the disassembly/assembly processes in detail.

If you're stumped with the Cast Cylinder and you'd like the solution, let me know and I'll email you the text.

Andy
Starting over
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

I received the cast chain the other day and found it a very easy puzzle to take apart and re assemble. I find it strange that this is rated harder than the cast Equa which took me a good few hours to solve. Im thinking the H & H next or the G & G. Cast cylinder is probably my best so far, its a very smooth solve when you know exactly how it works.
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

FWIW, G&G is okay but it's not great. I've not bothered picking it up again since I solved it the first time.

H&H is good but I often find I get stuck in endless loops. Twist is very much like H&H but the motion is much nicer, I've solved it a few time now and it's still fun.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

I've done the cast twist maybe 6 times but still don't remeber all the steps, its always a lot of try and error.
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Robbaylis: I like the Cast Cylinder because you get no visual aid as to how the internal mechanism works. Patience and persistence is the key for that one. Sounds like a revomaze I'm working on, actually. But I found it to be very challenging to get back together.
Starting over
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

Yes it certainly gives no clues to taking it apart. I actually took it apart and re assembled it a quite a few times until a knew exactly how I was doing it. I really is like breaking into a safe :lol:
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
Orko

Post by Orko »

I have to say thanks to you all for sharing the 3 best cast puzzles in your opinion. So my decision was easy. Today i ordered: coil.flag.medallion.twist.h&h.cylinder and vortex. :lol: Will be a nice chistmas with much of puzzling time. :D
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
Mrhero

Post by Mrhero »

congratz orko!
btw- I didnt know that the cylinder is hanayama's :roll: I thought this is wil strijbos' puzzle :geek:
OR00253 open 20 h 23/11/13
GR01832 open 2.5 h 2/12/13
LM00253 Uuuuuuuuuuuuughhhh.
AG01864 finally cracked the beast!! 100h 19/09/2020

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”