Titanium & CE Discussion

General Questions.
mattangel

Re: Titanium & CE Discussion

Post by mattangel »

I can understand both sides, but it's important to remember that the CE option has not always been available. How many people who started buying the puzzles would have opted out had they known that the CE would have been released AND with an extra puzzle? Another question is this: has anyone bought the CE exclusively for the TiX after having accumulated the other puzzles? If so, that's a very expensive, what will most likely be, static puzzle. On the other hand, you're also expecting it to be exclusive. The Black LE is a static puzzle and it goes for several hundred pounds. If you're a serious collector, such as Stigy, would you not want both sets anyway? something that you could experience and others for display? Another thing to consider is that everyone that has purchased a complete series 1 non-CE set has actually paid more for each puzzle than one would in the CE set. Is the competition the price you pay?If you're not interested in the competition, should a TiX not be made available to you? There are a lot of issues at play here.

Additionally, I don't think it's beneficial to blow off someone's concerns or make light of them. We know that both camps have strong feelings on the subject, and nothing can be decided in this forum or by any of us so we might as well get along.
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Stigy wrote:If they offer the Titanium outside of the CE, they might as well offer a Purple, and the one off reward for the Live Event winner too :roll:
I hear ya there Stigy. at the same time though i try to keep the other view fresh in my mind. it wasnt too long ago that i was EXCLUDED from the CE, Ti, HM clique. Let me tell you for a guy who purchased an entire set of Revomazes before anyone even knew what revomaze was, was a huge leap of faith. let me tell you i am number 20 not because i was the 20th set owner or even the 20th buyer, but because the first 12 were auctioned, chris owned 13, and few of the other 'teen' blues had already been bought, 20 sounded like a nice number, so i decided to bite the bullet and go all in. leaving me as one of the first 7 buyers, probably one of the first 5. im not even sure anyone bought a set before me.

little did i know there were going to be more puzzles. black, yellow, and red were announced and again i decided to go 'all-in'.

then orange, grey, and handmade. again, i decided to buy 'em all.

since then i think the grey has become the Ti. but after buying all the puzzles i could, i couldnt afford to get the Ti. but at the same time, how could i not... then theres the handmade... for those who discovered Revomaze 12-18 months later, it was easy to start with the CE. or at least have a choice. most did not.

on the plus side, this is year one. whatever options were available this year, we can all assume that series two will offer similar options
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Bunny_Whabbit

Post by Bunny_Whabbit »

Maybe they can do with the Titanium as the Gold and sell 250 separately?

It would also be nice to know if they will make a CE with or without exclusive puzzles (as the Ti) with the next series to know If (those who want it) should wait or start buy the series from the beginning. =/

// M
Obsession ~ BU_V1 32.87 ~ BU_V2 open ~ BU_Pro what? ~ GR don't like ~ BL_V1 hmm ~ BL_V2 ~ R ~
Extreme ~ CE_BU#69 ~ CE_GR#69 ~ CE_BR#69 ~ CE_AG#69 ~ CE_AU#69 ~ CE_TI#69 ~
Limited Editions ~ R#95 ~ OR#69 5h+ ~ HM#17 Ordered ~
Timer/Clock
Bunny_Whabbit

Post by Bunny_Whabbit »

It could also be to make it hard for one person to get ALL the RevoMazes without effort.
Like the purple.
Also, people like me who can get the CE directly have missed the chance to possibly ever getting a hold of the Black Extreme and Handmade. ='(
And I won't be able to be in the competition. And I will probably have to wait till February for the Gold to get registered. =/

// M
Obsession ~ BU_V1 32.87 ~ BU_V2 open ~ BU_Pro what? ~ GR don't like ~ BL_V1 hmm ~ BL_V2 ~ R ~
Timer/Clock
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Bunny_Whabbit wrote:I will probably have to wait till February for the Gold to get registered.
good luck on that. if you get youe CE by
valentines day, i'll send ya a present.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Bunny_Whabbit

Post by Bunny_Whabbit »

ReVoRabbit wrote:
Bunny_Whabbit wrote:I will probably have to wait till February for the Gold to get registered.
good luck on that. if you get youe CE by
valentines day, i'll send ya a present.
:lol:
You believe it'll take longer?

// M
Timer/Clock
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

Much longer! I personally don't think the CE will go out until late next year. IMO. That's the reason I purchased each puzzle individually. I really don't see why we have to be penalized for not buying the CE as the only option for a TiX. Heaven forbid I spend more money right? :lol: :lol: I guess it's up to Chris on how much he likes us and would he rather make a little more money on those of us who want a TiX but won't fork out the dough for a CE. :?
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

Bunny_Whabbit wrote:It could also be to make it hard for one person to get ALL the RevoMazes without effort.
Like the purple.
Also, people like me who can get the CE directly have missed the chance to possibly ever getting a hold of the Black Extreme and Handmade. ='(
And I won't be able to be in the competition. And I will probably have to wait till February for the Gold to get registered. =/

// M
I think these are some very good points. So are you other guys saying we should just keep the people who've been into Revo's from the start happy? New people missed out on some older stuff. Most people will miss out on Purple. There's the one off Live Event prize. Maybe we all just have to learn that we can't have all Revos and live with it :)
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

The other thing to remember is that the CE set is slightly more than just a standard series with the addition of the Ti... the intention is to make it so that it comes in a nice presentation case, has all the certificates nicely presented, has a paper copy of each of the mazes etc

I understand the frustration that the Ti only being in the collectors set is causing, but it's the thing that in addition to the above, makes it extra special.

Chris
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
EABlade

Post by EABlade »

Maybe we all just have to learn that we can't have all Revos and live with it :)
I'll never see a Handmade, But I'm ok with that :roll:
“We are one big family of people, trying to make our way through the unfolding puzzle of life.”

Bronze For the Memories and Gold - Broken
the rest was X SOLD X BGSROGTLv1
Proud Member of The Team

Return to “Titanium General”