From what I understand, based on the new product pages:
Revomaze Extreme refers to the core group of metal puzzles. They all play a part in the Revomaze community competitions and include:
1. Blue [BU]; challenge level 50; available for order
2. Green [GR]; challenge level 60; available for order
3. Bronze [BR]; challenge level 80; available for order
4. Silver [AG]; challenge level 90; available for order
5. Gold [AU]; chnallenge level 100; available for pre-order, limited to 250, released on staggered schedule (see Revomaze Extreme Gold product page for more information)
An additional 250 will be available through the collectors edition [CE_AU].
Revomaze Limited Edition are metal puzzles with a limited run:
1. Black [LE]; challenge level estimated 70-75; limited to 20 metal puzzles, later versions reproduced in nylon as the Black Revomaze Obsession line; no longer available for purchase in metal
2. Red [unknown labeling]; challenge level 85; limited edition of 250 metal puzzles created for the 2010 Live Gadget Show; based on the map created for the Red Obessesion; available for pre-order (in metal)
3. Orange [unknown labeling]; challenge level unkown; limited edition of 250 metal puzzles using the winning map from the User Design Contest (release date unknown); in design & available for pre-order
4. Titanium [CE_TI]; challenge level 85; limited edition of 250 metal puzzles created for Collectors Edition sets; available for preorder
Revomaze Obsession are nylon-based models*:
1. Blue (copy of Extreme Blue, challenge level 50); available for order
2. Green (copy of Extreme Green, challenge level 60); available for order
3. Black (copy of Extreme Black LE, challenge level 70-75); available for order
4. Red (originally a unique addition to the Obsession line, recently recreated in metal for the Red Limited Edition release, challenge level 85); available for order
5. Titanium (Titanium Extreme in nylon, presented as an option for enthusiasts who want to try the puzzle without buying the Collectors Edition, challenge level 85); in design
* Some of the more advanced Revomaze Extreme models (Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc.) have particular maps or properties that prevent them from being created in the nylon material. That is why they have no corresponding model in nylon for the Obsession line.
* Also, some find that the 'feel' and challenge of the nylon puzzles differ from the metal analogs. This seems to be a subjective, but may be consistent between productions lines. Be aware that the challenge levels listed are a relative and subjective evaluation of difficulty.
Unique (single or low count models for special occasions):
1. Prototype of Silver Extreme model released to winner of online algorithm contest. No anodizing and no special serial numbers (however, does come with certificate of authenticity from Chris, challenge level 90).
2. Purple - special Revomaze metal puzzle offered as the final round of the upcoming Revomaze community competition(challenge level unknown); in design & not available
If I'm missing a model or have a fact wrong, please let me know - I'll be sure to edit it. Ultimately, this would be a nice 'sticky' post for newcomers.
Last edited by altarego
on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:49 am, edited 5 times in total.