Skateboard & Revomaze

Area for non-Revo related subjects
prodigy

Re: Skateboard & Revomaze

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:03 pm Well we’re the same age then, so I got no excuse to not get back into it I suppose :lol:

Also nice run of new tricks! 8-)
Thanks! You are right, no excuse for you to not get back to the skateboarding. Here in my town there are at least 10-15 adults that have got back to the skateboarding as adults and all are enjoying it and we have a lot of fun together. So much fun to try to learn more and more and do some progress and I hope to be able to skate to at least age of 60 but at that age I probably have stopped learn new tricks and just skating with tricks I know I can do without to much risks.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I have tried to get used to a higher and steeper indoor ramp for three days now. It feels like it was time to take the step and try and it felt a lot different and scarier. The first two days I just practiced BS Axle stall and BS Feeble Stall. I couldn't dare to try anything else. Today I managed to do a FS Axle Stall and that felt great and even more controlled than in the smaller ramp.

I have not be able to get the right feeling to be able to try Rock To Fakie yet so I will get back to the smaller ramp and practice on the similar board position.

Today I had a bad fall on my knee (I had knee pads) on the flat part and my whole leg have been in pain this evening. I hope it will be better tomorrow.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Ooff yeah, take care of that knee! Even on knee pads I know first hand how it can hurt :(

It’s a big step up to go to a higher ramp (are we talking a meter, meter and half?). The speeds increase and the drop sensation is stronger for sure. But you’ll get used to it quickly I think, and as you found out, you have more time to transition to the trick so it can be smoother. Keep at it! :)
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:00 pm Ooff yeah, take care of that knee! Even on knee pads I know first hand how it can hurt :(

It’s a big step up to go to a higher ramp (are we talking a meter, meter and half?). The speeds increase and the drop sensation is stronger for sure. But you’ll get used to it quickly I think, and as you found out, you have more time to transition to the trick so it can be smoother. Keep at it! :)
I think it is around a meter high. I will check due to it is interesting to know. The knee is better so the leg was just in pain for a day or so.

I can see what you mean with "more time to transition to the trick so it can be smoother" and it feels like I can feel that when I think about it. I had a day of today just to let my body rest a little bit.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I gave up the higher and steeper ramp. I couldn't make me do the Rock To Fakie so it felt boring and scary. I have now gone back to the outdoor mini ramp and it is so much fun to be back there and be able to do some tricks.

I have practiced BS Disaster but I am not close yet. I have also practiced the Blunt Stall and I can now Blunt Stall but have not find any variant for going back again. I guess Blunt Rock To Fakie will be the variant to start with but I cannot get the ollie pop yet from the Blunt position.

I learned a new trick today and that was the FS 50-50 Grind. Very fun trick so at least some small progress again.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

New trick today: Fakie FS 50-50 Grind.

This is a really fun trick and one of my new favorites :D

Update:
New trick: Fakie BS Feeble Stall.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

I think it’s the right choice to get comfortable again and have fun in the small ramp before upgrading. You could of course just do both… learning new fun tricks on the small ramp and doing just the basics on the taller one so you get used to the new sensations.

But no need to rush it, keep having fun… that is of course more important! :D 🛹
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:22 pm I think it’s the right choice to get comfortable again and have fun in the small ramp before upgrading. You could of course just do both… learning new fun tricks on the small ramp and doing just the basics on the taller one so you get used to the new sensations.

But no need to rush it, keep having fun… that is of course more important! :D 🛹
Yes it is so much fun at I can add new tricks now and then. I also now feel I get a noticed better board control and can handle it better. I also feel that more tricks can be landed all the time even in not perfect situations.

I think I will keep skating in the small ramp 4-6 month now (if possible during winter with snow etc). But if it isn't possible I will probably add the taller indoor ramp just for practice.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I had my biggest battle yet today with several slams on the cooping, some falls on my hip/back and I also flew over the cooping and the plateau straight to the ground behind the ramp.

The tricks tried in this battle was Switch Drop In and a Nose Stall To Fakie. I finally succeeded to master both tricks but I will probably do a couple of more slams when doing the Nose Stall before I get it into my muscle memory.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Ouch, but “no pain no gain” as they say! At least it sounds like you’re still having fun and learning plenty :D

Return to “Off Topic”