New Release

For all general forum discussions.
Amlux

Re: New Release

Post by Amlux »

But that (first come first serve) was also only an assumption right? Could also be that it wasn't Chris' intention to do it this way, but things went wrong and happened in the wrong order (unintended lack of communication before putting it up for sale) due to whatever reason (corona?).

And @pewetools, isn't your SN #2 just reserved for you anyway? Maybe this will work out well in the end.

According to the Revomaze site:
[..] in batch #1 the customer can choose what serial number they would like to have as long as it does not exceed a maximum of 5 numbers. However, if a serial number such as ’10’ has been taken by a long-term Revomaze buyer they are entitled to their serial number in both batch 1 and 2 and the numbers, which have already been taken will be listed below for reference [..]
pewetools

Post by pewetools »

Hi Amlux,

well, reserved? I dont know! I took over the complete collection #2 (now I have two) and the I informed Chris and also the former owner informed Chris....... but no reaction of anybody.

Peter
Amlux

Post by Amlux »

pewetools wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:04 pm Hi Amlux,

well, reserved? I dont know! I took over the complete collection #2 (now I have two) and the I informed Chris and also the former owner informed Chris....... but no reaction of anybody.

Peter
Ah I see, you were the one that bought the #2 set (recently in the 'Buyers and sellers' topic). In that case you would indeed not be recognized as 'the person that always bought #2', but I hope #2 is still reserved for the former owner (Nigel?) then.
Hopefully Chris or someone else from RevoHQ will respond soon..
rodrigue10

Post by rodrigue10 »

I believe the First batch of 20 were intended to be a first-come first served to help new-comers. As such, they are labeled with an "SE" along with the serial number, which the buyer could choose whatever number they wanted, whether part of a numbered/reserved series or not....so they are not numbered in any order.

For the collector side, the second batch is where the collector numbers would be reserved. That's what I took out of the information I gathered....could be wrong.
OP- CE Set #22 BU GR BR TI R BL OR Obs Set V2 Set AG AU LM mini GM HM CU AQ MT IN PU SM
CL-

R2 - Voyager #25:
OP - Prototype 1
CL - ♀ ♁ ♂ ⚳ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇ Eris, Makemake
mereacregrigore18

Post by mereacregrigore18 »

ReVoRabbit wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:10 am Actually, it really doesn't matter. All we old guys have to do is email HQ and Chris will take care of the problem.
Like he did in the past? :lol: :lol: A week? A month? Few years?! Ahh, that’s no problem! :lol:

Although I didn’t want to comment. There is no surprise for me at all that this has happened AGAIN. This will never change. They promised they will keep both, forum and discord updated but still, they didn’t!

As for the old customers, this is total disrespect what Chris P. is doing! Not announcing them of a new revo, but having other revos outstanding and people waiting for!

CD can’t be compared with RevoHQ. As they are producing puzzles of others designers and sometimes own designs. Whenever they had Limited Editions puzzles they respected that and they never had series of puzzles to be numbered. So they’ve always worked “first come, first served on the website”

On the other side, RevoHQ has always been a series of puzzles and revos being numbered from the very start. Old customers who supported RevoHQ from the start and had a serial number reserved, always got them first. The main issue here is that noone on the forum was informed of the new revo coming up as mostly all old customers are on the forum but not on discord. The forum should be a priority as it was here all the time but doesn’t seem the case.

Stay safe!
Greg
Amlux

Post by Amlux »

So, is there anyone out there that is actually happy that Grey is released? :) Everyone seems nothing but angry.
mereacregrigore18 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:35 pmThey promised they will keep both, forum and discord updated but still, they didn’t!
RevoHQ promised that?
mereacregrigore18

Post by mereacregrigore18 »

Amlux wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:02 pm RevoHQ promised that?
When Revomaze Discord was about to get released weeks ago or months ago ,there was discussions here on the forum about why we need two platforms..etc and Rachel mentioned they will still keep both platforms active and both updated on what's coming nextetc.

Still ,looks like Revomaze Discord is more updated and Forum is left behind where mostly all old customers are!

As for the Grey ,I would say ,yes. Probably most of the new guys joining are happy about the release, some old customers too as they will get a new maze to play with. For me personally, no interest if something gets released or not as I will not buy it. Was just giving my opinion up here.

People are just annoyed by the lack of communication and how this new revo got released.

Missing lack of communication and old customers left behind is not a surprise for me!

Greg
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Amlux wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:02 pm So, is there anyone out there that is actually happy that Grey is released? :) Everyone seems nothing but angry.
I was a little disappointed in the beginning but I am happy for the new maze and think it is fantastic news. I feel that I am used to some problems here and there including delays for 5-10 years etc but as long as we get new puzzles to solve I am happy with that. They are a small team and I am sure they are doing their best.

One good thing is that there are many forum users online these days and some posts here too! :D
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
BlackClub

Post by BlackClub »

It wasn’t announced by HQ on discord either

It’s as someone (Chris?) said earlier, he had some programming sorted to pickup on any changes on the website an alert users on discord.

As far as I can tell, newsletters/social media announced the grey after it was already for sale
Escaped: SP AQ TQ BU EM GR BR AG TI GM CU MT BL v1 GR BU Mini OR IN PE
Trapped in:AU LM HM RU SA
Waiting on:
Looking for: BL v2 PU
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

Yeah the shop watcher caught the release by accident. The revomaze HQ team wanted this release to be a surprise. And it's my opinion that they did a first come first serve basis (most likely because of the black merc which wasn't widely available, so they did almost the complete opposite - first come first serve).

In regards to Discord. I bug Rachel and Sophia several times a day. I also have been persistent in having a video conference call once a week with the team (including Chris most days) to discuss Discord and other items.

I can't speak for the forums but as a Discord admin I'm going to try my hardest to make that platform the best that it can be. This includes the active shop watcher - a program that automatically posts anytime the revomaze website is updated. Different topic of the weeks to engage the revomaze community but inform the Revo HQ team as well, and more.

I've asked but I have no roll in the forums. I try to post in here when I can, (for example - the revomaze virtual puzzle party this saturday!!!) but anything more than that is beyond my role. I'm sorry that the forum feels like it's neglected. And I'm sorry for the attention discord is getting. But I'm going to continue to try and make that platform the best that it is for the revomaze community.
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Black and Black merc)
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com

Return to “General”