New Release

For all general forum discussions.
chris_linnick

Re: New Release

Post by chris_linnick »

All,

This release was very much a surprise to everyone, discord was not intended to get an unfair advantage. The revomaze HQ team posted on their website. It just so happens that I worked with a programmer to set up an automated feature such that any changes to the website show up on discord. Hence discord was aware before most people. It was officially announced on all other social media at the same time as discord. Not sure how they do releases and if they typically post on the revomaze forums.

I'm sorry if you feel discord had an unfair advantage. This wasn't the Revo HQ doing, this was mine. As the discord admin I want to do my hardest to make sure the discord server is the best thing that I can create. By creating the shop watcher we are able to get instant alerts when the website is changed. If anything, please be upset with me - not them. They did not intend to make it available to discord members first.

pewetools,

Serial numbers were reserved (0/01 thru 20) for long time members. The intent of the release was to make it available to the first people to purchase them while still honoring the serial number of long time members. Thus a long time member may not have made the first release but they would be able to secure the same serial number to maintain your collection.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Black and Black merc)
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

Why not create a discord bot that makes anouncements on the forum as well? 😀
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

I believe that the Discord addition (not saying I fully dislike Discord, but I am not a fan) has moved the Revomaze world into the fastpaced socialmedia era.
News is shared much faster etcetera, but .... this whole thing has nothing to do with Discord. This has to do with the fact that Chris should in fact communicate to the hardcore collectors beforehand that a new maze is coming.
They have supported the growing of Revo HQ as well, by buying so many puzzles and sharing their enthusiasm.

This is just my opinion, so maybe Chris Pitt can shed a light on this.

My opinion is that the hardcore collectors should have some special attention, because they simply invest more in puzzles than the casual puzzle buyer, no offence btw!
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

I just bought mine. I will see if they give me #26. I have like 75 Revos, and a CE set and all the R2's paid for and not in hand. I had no communication about this release. Not good Revo HQ.. KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

I tend to agree with DasRevo and Kirk. HQ has a newsletter sign up and no newsletter. would it really hurt to let us know your intention? I assume there was a desire to eliminate pre-sale...

Actually, it really doesn't matter. All we old guys have to do is email HQ and Chris will take care of the problem. Our numbers are reserved and that's what really matters. Does it matter if our puzzles ship by the end of the week or the end of the month?
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

Maybe this was intentional? With the black Mercs being offered to the long time collectors, maybe he wanted to make it first come first serve. So this release ended up being like cubic dissection and wood wonder releases (while making serial numbers available still).
Looking to purchase:
pewetools

Post by pewetools »

Hi ReVoRabbit,

"....... guys have to do is email HQ and Chris will take care of the problem" well, in German we say "Deine Worte in Gottes Gehörgang". I have no idea how to translate the sense correct but word by word "Your words in God's ear canal" and it means something like that you are very optimistic (maybe "naive" is the better word).

I am waiting since more than 1 month and 5 mails for an answer of Chris and also for some orders which I paid already and nothing happened. But I guess that I dont have to tell you the problems, as a long term puzzle collector you know what I am talking about and so maybe you mean your recommendation sarcastic?

chris_linnick: I spend in the last years a high 5-digit amount for Revomaze puzzles and sorry, but I have absolute no understanding for your comments. Maybe it is a similar problem of not understanding like you have with the thinking, needs and expectatiopns of the "old collectors".

Peter
BlackClub

Post by BlackClub »

Yes, I never got the option to buy a black merc, which was disappointing

Makes becoming a collector difficult
Escaped: SP AQ TQ BU EM GR BR AG TI GM CU MT BL v1 GR BU Mini OR IN PE
Trapped in:AU LM HM RU SA
Waiting on:
Looking for: BL v2 PU
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

pewetools wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:58 am Hi ReVoRabbit,

"....... guys have to do is email HQ and Chris will take care of the problem" well, in German we say "Deine Worte in Gottes Gehörgang". I have no idea how to translate the sense correct but word by word "Your words in God's ear canal" and it means something like that you are very optimistic (maybe "naive" is the better word).

I am waiting since more than 1 month and 5 mails for an answer of Chris and also for some orders which I paid already and nothing happened. But I guess that I dont have to tell you the problems, as a long term puzzle collector you know what I am talking about and so maybe you mean your recommendation sarcastic?

chris_linnick: I spend in the last years a high 5-digit amount for Revomaze puzzles and sorry, but I have absolute no understanding for your comments. Maybe it is a similar problem of not understanding like you have with the thinking, needs and expectatiopns of the "old collectors".

Peter
It was just an observation on my part. I'm not saying what he did was right or wrong. This conversation has come up in various puzzle chats, such as MINE, cubic dissection (CD), wood wonders, and other releases. So for example CD, despite serious collectors that have deep pockets and collecting for years they choose to release puzzles on a first come first serve basis. So whether you've been a die hard fan for years or it's your first puzzle you have an equal chance. That's how they choose to execute.

All I'm saying is that maybe for this release that is what Chris Pitt wanted to do, to just make a surprise release on a first come first serve basis rather than reach out to long time customers first. Again, I'll hold my opinion of whether it was positive or negative. Just speculating that this is what appears to have happened and that it wasn't done with malice or intended disrespect to long time customers. Just an assumption.
Looking to purchase:
pewetools

Post by pewetools »

chris_liinick yes, you are right, I agree, this are the changes in our more and more bad world............ and I dont like this........... "first come, first serve" is just a rude behavior and a snap in the face of all old supporters - period.

Peter

Return to “General”