Grease Recommendation

For all general forum discussions.
chris_linnick

Grease Recommendation

Post by chris_linnick »

Looking to replace/add some grease on a few of my revos that are sticking pretty good. Anyone have any recommendations for the type of grease to use on this puzzle?
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Black and Black merc)
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com
Brian706

Re: Grease Recommendation

Post by Brian706 »

From the FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=821
What's the best way to clean a REVOMAZE?
  • Old toothbrush and washing up liquid - pour some onto the shaft and give it s good clean all in the tracks. If you have tarnish on the shaft I use Autosol chrome cleaner paste - put a small amount on a tissue and remove the tarnish. Do this before washing with the toothbrush.
  • Allow to drain and dry (I use a hair dryer). Using a pencil, I push a small ball of tissue through the shaft centre to make sure its clean. Same process with the draw and pins.
  • The sleeve, I use WD40 and a soft polishing cloth (try to keep the label at 12 o'clock to ensure the spring does not come out. Use your nail (yuk) or a cocktail stick between the outer sleeve grooves before the WD40.
  • Next push a wad of tissue through the centre. I then use 3-in-1 bike oil inside the sleeve place a small drip on both ends. Use your finger to spread the oil inside the sleeve and then pass the wad through again to ensure not too much oil is left on.
  • Once dry, reassemble the shaft as per instructions (if you wish to add a drop of oil, I suggest the drop goes in the first entrance. Once assembled - quick polish on the sleeve and you puzzle is as good as new :D
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

Thanks. That’s what I’ve done before, but my blue and green are pretty stiff. Looking for something like the black graphite grease that you would use for automotive grease zeros.
Looking to purchase:
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

Got a good grease I'm really happy with. Green runs soooo much smoother.
Looking to purchase:
Yffffonz

Post by Yffffonz »

chris_linnick wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:42 pm Got a good grease I'm really happy with. Green runs soooo much smoother.
Which did you go with Chris?
AQUA OPEN - BLUE OPEN
GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - GUNMETAL - COPPER - ORANGE - BRONZE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - LIME - GOLD
TURQUOISE - SALMON - MERCURY - RED - BLACK OBS V1 - GREY - PURPLE - BLACK OBS V2 - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
VOYAGER #008
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

Grease is in the mail. You should get it sometime this week.
Looking to purchase:
Yffffonz

Post by Yffffonz »

chris_linnick wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:41 am Grease is in the mail. You should get it sometime this week.
Thanks Chris!
AQUA OPEN - BLUE OPEN
GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - GUNMETAL - COPPER - ORANGE - BRONZE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - LIME - GOLD
TURQUOISE - SALMON - MERCURY - RED - BLACK OBS V1 - GREY - PURPLE - BLACK OBS V2 - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
VOYAGER #008

Return to “General”