“Golden Age of Puzzling”?

Vlancii

“Golden Age of Puzzling”?

Post by Vlancii »

Does it seem that for the metal puzzles (Strijbos, Foshee, Sonic Games, etc) was around 2005-2014ish?

I find so many of these beautiful puzzles, especially the sequential) originated in that time and are now astronomical in pricing, but very few in the last 4-5 years.

Most (if not all) of the Strijbos and Foshee puzzles are nonexistent on the marketplace.

Or is it the pricing to make these puzzles make most designers think twice about the endeavor?

What do you think are the best sequential puzzles one can currently find on the marketplace?

Thanks for your thoughts...
ghxost

Re: “Golden Age of Puzzling”?

Post by ghxost »

Jewel Thief is newer and fantastic.
Slammed car is also great and progressively harder through each step it seems to me. Not metal I know, but still good SD...
Just two to start off with

Edit: I have been lightly in contact with the Fire puzzle maker. He still maintains he will be back on it after his current project (endless as it may be...)
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
Vlancii

Post by Vlancii »

Thanks. I’m hopefully on the waitlist for the Jailbreak.

I’m not too excited about the Fire series. I believe that the owner was the head engineer or designer for SonicGames, so I can’t imagine his puzzles to be more than rods and bb’s.

And hopefully Mr. Strijbos will have more units of Lotus and Revenge late this year.
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Sure he said Lotus batch coming in August.... Hope I didn't miss it.

I have not played with the fire puzzle but I do like my ramisis, though it did have a design flaw being an earlier version (or just from being a sonic puzzle depending on who you ask!)

Also love my kuku, nothing wrong with some bearings and rods. Last good puzzle I did (not sonic) had rods and magnets and it was fantastic blowing countless people away.

Edit: Lotus in September :D
Seeking:
Vlancii

Post by Vlancii »

I solved the Ramisis extreme by random tilting turning inverting shaking reinverting and twisting and twisting some more and the the ‘door’ spit the key out. Now, trying to disassemble the unit is proving to be a ‘bit’ more difficult...
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Sounds about right lol

Titan sphere is about the same, twist turn pull twist turn pull lol

Still fun
Seeking:
Vetpool

Post by Vetpool »

ghxost wrote:Sounds about right lol

Titan sphere is about the same, twist turn pull twist turn pull lol

Still fun
I'm discovering the secrets of Titan as well. Wasn't sure about buying it ('opening a ball, how exciting can that be'), but now I have it I'm really enjoying it.
I'm still exploring the mechanism... no open yet.
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

I play with mine daily. Found some ..new stuff. Still not open... Refuse to watch the video haha
Seeking:
Vetpool

Post by Vetpool »

ghxost wrote:I play with mine daily. Found some ..new stuff. Still not open... Refuse to watch the video haha
Opened the Titan last night. Had not been so frantically searching for the solution as with my Revomaze (only about 15 minutes per day). Last week I decided to write down what I'd found out so far. Then I came to the conclusion and solution rather fast.

It's so simply clever. Lovely puzzle.

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”