2019/2020 - Update From RevoHQ' -

General announcements
dasrevo

Re: 2019/2020 - Update From RevoHQ' -

Post by dasrevo »

RevoGirl wrote:V3 is stronger and smoother and can be machined to extremely close tolerances and repeatability.
If I am seeing this correctly and if I read the longer post about the V3 correctly, the maze itself will still be made of nickel plated brass, so how is the maze stronger and smoother and can it be machined to extremely close tolerances? Just curious :D
Rachel K

Post by Rachel K »

Hi everyone, to clear up some things: if you would prefer to have the new V3 for Salmon, that is fine. Please email rachel@revohq.co.uk and I will update this information for you. You have two options: you can stick with V1 and we will follow through what you specifically requested for ie plated Salmon or if you are interested in V3 and would love to be one of the first few people to see it, that's not a problem at all! To have the V3, won't make much of a difference. It should roughly be the same amount of time as V1.

As for the Salmon, the Salmon is finished however we have to do lots of testing to ensure that there will be zero problems with this puzzle. As well as making slight changes along the way, if need be. The final version will be tested by our two testers who will get the chance to open it, we also have to ensure that Chris and Josh can open the Salmon without finding any way of cheating, etc.

As there are 39 parts in Salmon, there will be re-assembly and reset instructions made by us, so that re-assembly is a lot easier.

The V3 core body is stainless steel, the V3 is stronger and smoother as the machining of the stainless steel doesn't have any bumps or marks which sometimes the plating process can leave. The maze is very accurately machined which makes the puzzle run as intended. As you use the brass maze, the maze becomes smoother overtime which is especially noted in the Handmade's that we sell. Yes, it can absolutely be machined to close tolerances due to no plating on the maze, so the thickness that was machined are kept.

While this has been long and coming, we wanted to ensure that we created an enjoyable puzzle that is both functional and challenging. By releasing this information, we hope that the puzzle that they will receive will exceed their expectations.

We hope this helps. :D
Stianbl

Post by Stianbl »

Hi, and thanks for the update!
Very late to the game here, but I really love the Revomaze concept! Now I want to get them all!

I'd never thought a puzzle would make me sign up on a forum and actually get interested in further development, but these puzzles sure are amazing!

Keep up the good work!
Rachel K

Post by Rachel K »

You're welcome, we're glad that you are happy with the Revomaze's, more to come for you all to enjoy!
Rdroege

Post by Rdroege »

Do the V3 cores fit into and work in a V1 sleeve?

If so would you consider selling just the inner cores to those of us who would want to swap out some of our older puzzles. Upgrade the cores if you will.

Another idea would be to sell a Master Set. One inner core, one generic color sleeve, and a full set of brass mazes.
BU00613 open GR00374 open BR00308 open R00026 open
AG00262 closed OR00127 closed
AU00168 boxed TI 38/50 boxed LI 00012 boxed
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

I believe the sleeves are marked because closed they are very similar looking

If so I doubt they'd sell core alone
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
Rachel K

Post by Rachel K »

The V3 core does fit and work in a V1 sleeve :) we would definitely consider the idea of selling a set, that is something we can look in to possibly for Christmas or 2020.
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

To be honest, I don't like this V3 mechanism, I know why it is done, but I would prefer a one piece maze. I know this way repairs are easier (simply swap out the maze part), but to me...no, it doesn't feel right.
Jm26rob

Post by Jm26rob »

From my point of view rewind 18 months and I was getting no responses to my emails to revo hq. Deliveries were late and production of future promised puzzles looked at times like it would not happen.

Therefore I think we should all appreciate the position that Chris and the team have got themselves into.

Communication has greatly improved and this latest very detailed update from Rachel if delivered on shows real progress.

By all means feedback is good - we all have ideas to offer! but i think it would be nice to give them a bit of freedom to make some decisions and move the business forward to see what they can do.

I would therefore just like to thank Chris and the team for this latest update. May the progress continue.
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

dasrevo wrote:To be honest, I don't like this V3 mechanism, I know why it is done, but I would prefer a one piece maze. I know this way repairs are easier (simply swap out the maze part), but to me...no, it doesn't feel right.
Doesnt feel right?
Why...
It is the best of both worlds it seems to me
Sharper maze, no plating issues any more
No unplated tarnishing...
Where is the downside again? I forgot...
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)

Return to “Announcements”