Wil Strijbos!!!

dasrevo

Re: Wil Strijbos!!!

Post by dasrevo »

03SVTCobra wrote:
prodigy wrote:
Brassassin wrote:Oh, I like watching his videos. I will just have to wait for this one until I have solved it first.
And I hate his videos. I only think he wants to earn money and don't care about the puzzles. I think the world was a better place without his videos :)
Agreed. Guy sucks!
Agreed too!! But, that guy lives from attention, alot of people in this world do and it is an illness, only feeling that one matters when other people look at what you do. Look mum, I took my first sjit. Aaaaaw, how sweet!!
It all starts with that and it ends with posting disturbed videos and really enjoying the angry comments from people while sitting in a dark attic behind a sticky keyboard and we all know why it got sticky in the first place.
Aaaw it is sad!! So sad, such a sad sad .....
droogie

Post by droogie »

Hello all,

I was curious if someone could explain to me how to subscribe to Wil's newsletter? I haven't seen anything public explaining that, or his email. I got into metal puzzles via the isis adventure and then learned about revomaze... (both from the store Marbles, years ago) I've recently learned of Wil Strijbos and the term of "sequential discovery" which is right up my alley!

I just purchased a 'First Box' via ebay because I was unable to find a single puzzle store that had it in stock. My understanding of other sequential discovery puzzles that would be worth getting are "The Wanderer", "The Lotus" and "The Pachinko Box". Are these things ever in stock at puzzle stores or is my only hope to purchase directly from Wil? (Which I'm perfectly fine with, would actually prefer, but have no idea how to do so) Also, I've seen people mention short manufacturing runs, so for the few that I've listed is second hand the only option?

Thanks in advance, I'm eagerly awaiting my First Box puzzle and am hoping to obtain some more of these other sequential discovery puzzles
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Get his news letter by emailing him
I'm sure anyone here can give it if you ask :)

He usually just sells direct but some items make it to a few stores with a little markup

Work comes and goes in batches. Some are limited edition, most are just numbered.

Lotus will be back in August for example

Good luck, I love my pachinko and wanderer is a good lock
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
mrmkaufman

Post by mrmkaufman »

ghxost wrote:Get his news letter by emailing him
I'm sure anyone here can give it if you ask :)

He usually just sells direct but some items make it to a few stores with a little markup

Work comes and goes in batches. Some are limited edition, most are just numbered.

Lotus will be back in August for example

Good luck, I love my pachinko and wanderer is a good lock
Sloyd still has the Revenge Lock available: http://www.sloyd.fi/revenge-lock-wanderer-p-1835.html
PuzzleMaster is out of stock, as is Mr. Puzzle.
But eBay has two up right now...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Revenge-Lock-P ... SwyiBdDOSD
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wil-Strijbos-R ... SwwGNdB96-
FatherOfZane

Post by FatherOfZane »

FatherOfZane wrote:
Yffffonz wrote:
FatherOfZane wrote:Hi everyone! I finally received my first Strijbos puzzle (First Cylinder) and I am hooked! It didn’t take me too long to solve it but I really appreciate the quality work that went into the piece. I look forward to the First Box coming to me in the mail from Australia. :)

Can I also receive his email address so I can get on his mailing list?

Thank you!
I have sent you a PM.
So, I received the First Box from MrPuzzle and I have to say it is definitely harder than I expected. I've been hands on for the last week or so for a total of about 3 hours and I must be missing something obvious. LOL very entertaining and frustrating. :)
Finally got it open! So it turns out that a particular part was not playing nice and sticking a bit. Love the craftsmanship inside!
Vlancii

Post by Vlancii »

Has anyone else received communication (newsletter) recently from Wil? Thanks.
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Nothing recent aside from questions.. Hope I don't get a late mailer again :O
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
Vlancii

Post by Vlancii »

ghxost wrote:Nothing recent aside from questions.. Hope I don't get a late mailer again :O
Thanks. Only interested in Lotus, Wanderer, and, we’ll, most of his other sequential puzzles. LOL
FatherOfZane

Post by FatherOfZane »

Vlancii wrote:
ghxost wrote:Nothing recent aside from questions.. Hope I don't get a late mailer again :O
Thanks. Only interested in Lotus, Wanderer, and, we’ll, most of his other sequential puzzles. LOL
I'm hoping for a new run of Lotus puzzles soon!
ajhippo

Post by ajhippo »

Can someone pm me his e-mail please :)

Thinking of buying first cylinder, seems like a good place to start!

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”