For all general forum discussions.
jimbo

The Revomaze Glossary

Post by jimbo »

I thought this may be of amusement to some of you so I have shared it:
Feel free to add your own :)

The Revomaze Glossary

The Discovery Loop

Revopanic: A panic response to a sudden and unexpected change occurring within the maze whilst casually moving over 'familiar ground'.

Hollow Visit: (Often occurs after a Revopanic). A growing impending sense of doom, as an attempt to repeat the action is fruitless, leading to Revo-doubt.

Revo-doubt: Following repeated Hollow Visits, Revo-doubt is the moment you question whether the event actually took place at that location.

Revo-psycosis: The moment you question whether the event actually took place at all.

The Progress Triangle

The Big Freeze: When knowledge of the area has utterly run out, leaving only one thing to do….. stay still. Thus allowing yourself to relish in the fact that you are the furthest you have been. That frozen moment in time is special enough to hold onto and celebrate for now.

The BIg Leap: When the novelty of The Big Freeze has melted. The Big Leap will end in a familiar sound 'the click’.

The Click: A sound associated with incompetence & failure.

The Subconscious

Revomare: Where you wake from a stupor, having dreamt up a ’solution’ only to realise the dream has absolutely no practical application to real life solving. This will usually involve the puzzle expelling random objects from its innards such as cogs, springs, snakes and tiny unicorn.

Broken light bulbs: Usually in the middle of the night a new untested idea comes to you. You get up to try out the new plan......and yep it fails, but you retire back to bed glad you did not forget to test it out. You drift back to sleep feeling quite happy, only to experience a Revomare.

The Conscious

The mended broken lightbulb*: When a previous failed idea was a part of the solution and getting out of bed in the middle of the night proves dividends.
*Rare event.

Blaming our Tools syndrome: You have tried everything (Except the only one correct thing left to do). You are now completely out of ideas. Naturally you are now 99.99% sure your puzzle is defective *. On <1% faith you discover (10 mazing hours on) you were 100% defective**.

*Very Rare Event.
**Common event.
Last edited by jimbo on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AQBLGRBR
INQuit
Aldan

Re: The Revomaze Glossary

Post by Aldan »

Great glossary :lol:

I have experienced all of the above :twisted:
Open: BLUE - BRONZE - INDIGO - MINT - COPPER - GUNMETAL - AQUA - GREEN - TITANIUM - ORANGE - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - TURQUOISE - LIME - BLACK-ObsV1 - SALMON - RED - GOLD - BLUE_Pro-Obs - GREY - BLACK-ObsV2 - PURPLE - BU00036 - BLACK-MERC - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

Hilarious!!

I was waiting for the Blaming Iur Tools Syndrome :D we’ve all done it.
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
doc81

Post by doc81 »

Had so many laughs from your post Jimbo! :lol: Thanks for posting this!
SET SERIAL #7021
OPENED: AQUA - BLUE - GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - BRONZE - MINI
CLOSED: COPPER - GUNMETAL - ORANGE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE
mcparty

Post by mcparty »

Clearly Indigo has taken you to a very, very dark place Jimbo. I wish you the best of luck :D
Open:Aqua, Blue, Green, Black, Bronze, Mint, and Salmon
In Progress: Orange
Looking For: Indigo, Titanium, Copper
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

mcparty wrote:Clearly Indigo has taken you to a very, very dark place Jimbo. I wish you the best of luck :D
Yep thanks for pointing it out ! :evil:

I notice yours is still BOXED Mr Mcparty :!:

:lol: :twisted:
AQBLGRBR
INQuit
Brassassin

Post by Brassassin »

Awesome jimbo.
I too have been a victim of the ‘Blaming our Tools syndrome’...
Opened: BU BR TI OR GR IN MT AQ TQ AG
Closed: CU GM LM GY HM
mcparty

Post by mcparty »

jimbo wrote:
mcparty wrote:Clearly Indigo has taken you to a very, very dark place Jimbo. I wish you the best of luck :D
Yep thanks for pointing it out ! :evil:

I notice yours is still BOXED Mr Mcparty :!:

:lol: :twisted:

At this point, I am working on GM... GM might be the least engaging maze I have ever worked with. Compared to the other mazes, it seems impossible.
Open:Aqua, Blue, Green, Black, Bronze, Mint, and Salmon
In Progress: Orange
Looking For: Indigo, Titanium, Copper

Return to “General”