Force the pin while hugging the wall

For all general forum discussions.
matrixradu

Force the pin while hugging the wall

Post by matrixradu »

I'll start to say that the design is wonderful, no doubt, great work.

But...I met a big problem with my first revomaze Bronze and I think "hugging the wall" is not only for this type of revomaze, right ?

Here is the problem: I know exactly what is the path but when I hug the wall and this is almost non-stop (you know what the part is), in some positions (especially corners) the pin is stuck and when I have to force it (while hugging the wall) the pin starts to move sharply (speedy) leading to drop from the path (higher ditch) to trap (lower ditch).
In my case Bronze, I meet at least 4 such "dangerous locations" and I have 10% chances to pass all of these. Come on! This became frustrating because my fingers muscles are hurt and I have to start from beginning over and over again although I know the path.
My first reaction is to put the revomaze in cupboard and forget about it for a while.

Once again, is not about knowing the map here. It's about: how much I have to force the pin to pass these "difficult positions" while hugging the wall ?

Have you met this issue ?
CptBlood

Re: Force the pin while hugging the wall

Post by CptBlood »

Just use less force and go slowly
AQ BU GR BR AG AU CO LM R HM GM IN OR PU MT SA MERC BL CE-Set 18 Mercury
matrixradu

Post by matrixradu »

CptBlood wrote:Just use less force and go slowly
Yes, after a break when my fingers are relaxed I can move slowly but there are some corners when the pin is stuck and starts to move intermittent. It's like I try to move slowly a wet finger over a rubber.
And if I use a weaker force the pin can to slip into trap any point.
Maybe my fingers get exhausted quick and I need to buy that accessory "Training Aid".
Thanks anyway!
Crypton

Post by Crypton »

If you have access to a 3D Printer (or someone who has), you can print one yourself:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2729101
The gripper was developed and uploaded by ReallyBigTeeth (also in this forum).
AQ01342: 2018-09-06: ~15h, BU02953: 2018-08-25: ~20h, GR02049: 2018-04-24: 3.5h, MT01086: 0h, BR02343: 2018-03-26: ~40h, IN00191: 10h, GM00112: 1h, ORxxxxx: arrived, CU00018: 0h, TI(SE)18-50: 0h, AGxxxxx: arrived,
Obsession-Pro: 2018-09-08: ~10h, Obsession-Black: 2019-01-20: ~90h, Mini: 0h (it's soooo tiny! :o )
CptBlood

Post by CptBlood »

Hey Crypton,

the grip is nich to get less pain : )

for my feeling its not good enought, because I cant "feel" the pin anymore.
But it's up to everyone, what he likes more
AQ BU GR BR AG AU CO LM R HM GM IN OR PU MT SA MERC BL CE-Set 18 Mercury
Guiltfeeder

Post by Guiltfeeder »

I struggled with this part as well. Once you open it (if you haven’t already) you will realize that it doesn’t require as much “force” as you think. Slow controlled movements are best here. I found that the path was shaped just slightly differently than I had mapped which led to me hugging quite a bit through this part. After reassembly and going through the maze again, I found this section much easier.
Opened: BRAQORBUGRTIMT
Hydarnes

Post by Hydarnes »

Be careful with 'wall hugging' with force, I was "progressing" with wall hugging in bronze for sometime before realising (with an outside tip) that what I was doing wasn't appropriate at all...

Shouldn't really need any 'force' at all once your fingers get used to the sensitivities involved.

Good luck and don't give up! :D
O = Aqua - Blue - Mini - Green - Titanium - Bronze
IP = Copper - Orange - Indigo - Gunmetal
One day (?!) = Silver - Gold - Lime
matrixradu

Post by matrixradu »

You are right, I've just got used to the pin and now I don't need to use force any more :)
Maybe I was afraid to not fall into the trap.

Thanks!

Return to “General”