Lime Revomaze

General Questions.
prodigy

Re: Lime Revomaze

Post by prodigy »

specialk13 wrote:Hello everyone, this is my first post and the Lime is my first Revomaze puzzle.....maybe not the best choice after doing some research :)
The Lime was given to me as a gift so I had no choice in the matter and I'm quickly finding that I am in way over my head! Anyways, I may end up selling this one and going with something easier as the frustration levels are high and I don't have any prior experience with this type of puzzle. Is it possible to solve this puzzle without any knowledge of how it functions? I've had a few Wil Strijbos puzzles and have some ideas but this is beyond my knowledge so far......
I think you should try to map the maze, but don't sell the puzzle. Better that you just buy a BLUE and I think you will learn everything you need there in basics to be able to have fun with the LIME. But you should be prepared to spend 100-200 hours on LIME before it is opened :)

As Will wrote, LIME is a good maze to start with (navigation), but the tricks are hard to understand...
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Mrhero

Post by Mrhero »

specialk13 wrote:Hello everyone, this is my first post and the Lime is my first Revomaze puzzle.....maybe not the best choice after doing some research :)
The Lime was given to me as a gift so I had no choice in the matter and I'm quickly finding that I am in way over my head! Anyways, I may end up selling this one and going with something easier as the frustration levels are high and I don't have any prior experience with this type of puzzle. Is it possible to solve this puzzle without any knowledge of how it functions? I've had a few Wil Strijbos puzzles and have some ideas but this is beyond my knowledge so far......
The lime revomaze is a very nice start. It has totally different tricks in there. For the understanding of the maze itself you can solve blue or green- they are not extremely hard but if you see the maze it can help you a bit so you wont come up with crazy mechanisms that wont fit there ;)
OR00253 open 20 h 23/11/13
GR01832 open 2.5 h 2/12/13
LM00253 Uuuuuuuuuuuuughhhh.
AG01864 finally cracked the beast!! 100h 19/09/2020
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Hi everyone,
Could someone clarify, is the difference between the V1 and the V2 lime the location of a *something* that was moved to be closer to the first bank of cylinders? I believe I have a V2, and from what I understand it's much more difficult to solve than the V1.
Also, is it possible to tell which version of the lime you have by the serial number?
Thanks in advance if anyone can answer this.

Andy
Starting over
TheWaveCarver

Post by TheWaveCarver »

For reference, I have a Serial Number 17 and am unsure as to whether that is a V1 or V2. It's an early number so we're *thinking* it's possible it is a V1. Unless no V1s were actually put into production like the Silvers.

I haven't played it so the only way to tell would be via Serial Number or some other identifying factor (Like differences in the Sleeve color).
Grand Champion in Rocket League
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

AndrewParr wrote: is the difference between the V1 and the V2 lime the location of a *something"
Yes, this is one of the differences, one other is about a reset line
AndrewParr wrote:it's much more difficult to solve than the V1
There is one extra Problem when solving v2lime depending on the modification of the "something".
It took me about 3 hours to come by this step even knowing the internals of a v1lime.

I don´t know when Chris changed the design but as we could choose our number when ordering lime there is no "split number"
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Thanks for the reply. So there's no way to know which version you have without solving the puzzle?
Starting over

Return to “Lime General”