Revogirl is ATTEMPTING the blue!

General Questions
Rachel K

Revogirl is ATTEMPTING the blue!

Post by Rachel K »

So I've been asked to let you all know when I try a Revomaze for the first time!

Chris gave me the Aqua in a clear sleeve to get me started, and I very cockily finished the puzzle (although it did take a good 20 minutes :lol:).

So then I tried the blue and, needless to say, it is MUCH harder without a clear sleeve, :cry:.

SO, I'm like half way and I KNOW what's there, I just can't get through for the life of me. It also takes me a while to remember the route every time I pick it up. But, practice makes perfect, and I may become the best Revomazer ever, who knows?!

Alongside me, I've given the puzzle to my dad to solve, who thinks he's nearly finished everytime he gets trapped and can pull the shaft right out :lol: I'm sure I'm not the only one whos had this?! 'Look rach, it's nearly out!'.... no dad, go back to the beginning.

Anyways, if anybody has any hints I'd LOVE to know. And once I've done this, what should I try next?!

Rach :D
mattangel

Re: Revogirl is ATTEMPTING the blue!

Post by mattangel »

Sorry, Rach. You won't find very many hints on the forum. Us mods are jerks when it comes to spoilers :D

One thing I will say is that a good map goes a long way.

Good luck!
Rachel K

Post by Rachel K »

That's a shame!

Yes I think I'll have to work on my non existant mapping skills before trying to get into the Revomaze hall of fame!!

Rach
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

It's also part of the induction to read the progress thread on the maze in hand when you get stuck. :)
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

I also recommend mapping.

I would probably not be able to solve a maze with a straight line and no traps without mapping, as my visualization skills are extremely poor. Mapping is also part of the fun in my opinion.

On the side; has there ever been sold clear sleeves? Would love to have one!
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
Rachel K

Post by Rachel K »

No they've never been sold. But I found it really beneficial in terms of introducing me to the puzzle, it helped me visualise the maze inside the blue sleeve.

We are looking into materials and will certainly keep the clear sleeve idea in mind!
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

Nice! Let us know how you are making out. :)
Yeah, I get the reset - look how far I got - comment as well when people don't understand the reset. Usually does not take them too long to get the basics. After the Blue, I would recommend the Mint. :)
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

rodrigue10 produced a line of clear sleeves awhile ago. He is currently your best bet.
Orko

Post by Orko »

I agree with darctangent, but i would also recommend the Green or the Titanium after the Blue. ;)
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

The Blue may well be one of the easiest in the Revomaze series, but the Revomaze series is entirely made up of superhumanly difficult puzzles. Even the easiest is harder than so many of the other puzzles out there! But the sense of achievement makes it all worth the effort. Good luck!
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)

Return to “Blue General”