New here

For all general forum discussions.
mcparty

Re: New here

Post by mcparty »

Brian706 wrote:
Lilmike14 wrote: I'm afraid I couldn't tell you, the only maze I have solved thus far is the Blue(I don't own an Aqua), I think it was a great introduction maze, and should hopefully give you hours of fun.

But best get some responses from people with both to find their opinions on which is best.
Hmm, that's a good point. I solved it as a beginner maze and I had a lot of fun doing it. And I also had a lot of fun solving blue. I could see where aqua might not be as fun if you've already solved way harder mazes, although surely it would still be some fun, even if it were a bit too easy.

For reference, it was my first maze and took me ~10 hours to solve. From what I've seen from the seasoned Revomazers, it took most of them 2-3 hours to solve.

There is also the price point to consider; it's nearly half the price of the other revos... Plus, it's a nice one to hand off to friends and possibly get more people into Revomaze, which could equate to more profit and theoretically more productions.

Really interesting point. I think I may be purchasing the blue at the end of the month. Really excited to get my bronze and have some time to fool around with it. Should be coming by the end of the week, but it is apparently sitting at O'Hare airport... for whatever reason.
Open:Aqua, Blue, Green, Black, Bronze, Mint, and Salmon
In Progress: Orange
Looking For: Indigo, Titanium, Copper
Brian706

Post by Brian706 »

mcparty wrote: Really interesting point. I think I may be purchasing the blue at the end of the month. Really excited to get my bronze and have some time to fool around with it. Should be coming by the end of the week, but it is apparently sitting at O'Hare airport... for whatever reason.
If you can only get one of them, I'd say go for the blue. It was the original beginner maze and is a bit harder than aqua. It took me about the same amount of time to solve blue as it did aqua (maybe a little more) but it might have taken a bit longer had I not solved aqua first.

In my opinion, they are very similar mazes. The aqua seems somewhat of a simplified blue to me. Very similar progression and a similar tricky part, but the aqua's tricky part is a little easier to get through.
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG
mcparty

Post by mcparty »

Brian706 wrote:
mcparty wrote: Really interesting point. I think I may be purchasing the blue at the end of the month. Really excited to get my bronze and have some time to fool around with it. Should be coming by the end of the week, but it is apparently sitting at O'Hare airport... for whatever reason.
If you can only get one of them, I'd say go for the blue. It was the original beginner maze and is a bit harder than aqua. It took me about the same amount of time to solve blue as it did aqua (maybe a little more) but it might have taken a bit longer had I not solved aqua first.

In my opinion, they are very similar mazes. The aqua seems somewhat of a simplified blue to me. Very similar progression and a similar tricky part, but the aqua's tricky part is a little easier to get through.
To be honest with you, I really want both of them. The mazes look freaking beautiful. However, the conversion and the shipping is quite steep. I bought the bronze with the stand for about 120 euro and the total was a little over 200 bucks when all was said and done. Pretty insane.
Brian706

Post by Brian706 »

Yes, the really good metal puzzles by top designers are expensive but they are so much more than just a puzzle. They are definitely art and IMO worth the cost. They can also be passed along through generations and last a long time.

Definitely, puzzling is an expensive hobby though.
mcparty

Post by mcparty »

Not saying it isn't worth it :D

Just saying that it is a tough pill for my bank account to swallow. The puzzles seem to be gorgeous and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I just wish the US dollar wasn't worth less than the toilet paper that people in the UK wipe their butts with.
Brian706

Post by Brian706 »

:lol: i know the feeling.
lkessler42

Post by lkessler42 »

Fyi, for whatever reason it takes forever for the puzzle to clear customs at O'Hare. Hope you get lucky and it doesn't take the two weeks it took my bronze!
mcparty

Post by mcparty »

lkessler42 wrote:Fyi, for whatever reason it takes forever for the puzzle to clear customs at O'Hare. Hope you get lucky and it doesn't take the two weeks it took my bronze!
Why is that the case? It has been sitting at O'Hare for a few days now. Only just got the notification that it had been handed to USPS for delivery... UGH! I just want to play with the FREAKING PUZZLE!!

Return to “General”