How did you discover Revomaze?

For all general forum discussions.
Sledneck27

Re: How did you discover Revomaze?

Post by Sledneck27 »

I saw the ISIS series in a Marbles store in the Mall of America about 4-5 years ago. I loved the finely machined mechanical nature of the puzzles. Although I thought they were crazy expensive, I never forgot about them and explained/showed them to people(on the internet) every time they popped into my head. Well, in early December of this year, I was thinking about the ISIS puzzles again, and ran across the Revomaze online by complete accident. I watched several videos, I was hooked and I hadn't even touched one yet. On the 22nd I ordered the Aqua/Blue Christmas special. They're in the mail and I can't wait to start playing with them. These appeal to me way more than the ISIS series, in which the solutions seem very random.
V1 AQ00096 - Open.
V1 BU02237 - Open.
V1 GR01922 - Open.
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

I had never heard of the Revomaze before I read a negative review of the ISIS-puzzle about 2 months ago. In the review, the author recommended a Revomaze for the ones who were looking for a puzzle that both felt like a quality puzzle, and were possible to solve without needing to resort to going online to find clues etc.

A few hours later I knew I wanted one.
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

My interest was piqued seeing them on sale on Thinkgeek long ago. I couldn't afford them then, let it go for a while. A few years later when I was making a living wage while looking for something completely unrelated, I was reminded for some reason of 'that one puzzle I wanted on thinkgeek' went looking there for it again, found nothing. Started googling puzzle, cylinder, bolts, etc.. Found the website. Ordered an orange because I saw there was a collectors set for sale and Didn't want to buy the set pieces in case I ordered the Collectors later. Ordered the Collectors Set.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
tgr

Post by tgr »

SittingDuck wrote:I had never heard of the Revomaze before I read a negative review of the ISIS-puzzle about 2 months ago. In the review, the author recommended a Revomaze for the ones who were looking for a puzzle that both felt like a quality puzzle, and were possible to solve without needing to resort to going online to find clues etc.

A few hours later I knew I wanted one.
How odd!

My story is almost exactly the same. I became interested in the ISIS-puzzle, and came across the same review that directed me to the Revomaze. And after watching most of the videos on you tube, and reading several reviews, I knew this was it.

The only thing I regret now is that the green is out of stock...
BU02248 Open
GR01925 Open
BR02212 Open
IN00096 Working
MT00022 Working
Brian706

Post by Brian706 »

Mine was a combination of Think Geek and the negative review about the Isis puzzles. I first heard of them on Think Geek but purchasing wasn't an option at that time. Later on down the road after I started collecting mechanical puzzles, I saw that Isis review and was reminded of Revomaze which I had actually forgotten about. Note I'm working on my 3rd maze (Green) and it's.... Funstrating. :)
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG
CptBlood

Post by CptBlood »

Hm, I watched this video ^^:

https://youtu.be/4gM9M2COzOw?t=1m30s

After that I bought the Aqua, wanted the Bronze or Silver but they wasnt aviable atm.
And the Revo journey started ^^
AQ BU GR BR AG AU CO LM R HM GM IN OR PU MT SA MERC BL CE-Set 18 Mercury
homework52

Post by homework52 »

I was looking on Puzzlemaster for a puzzle I couldn't solve quickly right around when Isis Adventure and Revomaze were first released. I decided to pick up an Isis and Blue as a college graduation present to myself. The Isis I tried first as it had the shiny wheels with symbols that could represent anything. It had a nice heft and I could only imagine the stuff going on inside.. then I solved it a few days later and was disappointed.

The Blue revomaze on the other hand was a whole experience. With all the Revomazes I've solved I still feel the initial excitement when I felt when I find something new, the stillness when I tackle a difficult area and the rush of adrenaline when I solve it. No other series compares for me.
BU00231- Solved
GR00108 - Solved
BR00113 - Solved
AG00205 - Solved
AU00037 - In Progress
R00076 - Solved
OR00037 - Solved
LM00037 - In Progress
Mercury 037 - Solved
Blue Obsession V1/V2 Pro - Solved
Green Obsession V1 - Solved
Black Obsession V1 - Solved / V2 - Solved
Coloradobluesguy

Post by Coloradobluesguy »

The recent youtube video from "Mr. Puzzle" then I was on the fence for about a week and decided the hell with it and put it on a credit card.
AQ-01128-SOLVED
BU-07001-SOLVED
TQ-00223-In Progress
GR-07001-SOLVED
Mint MT-0150-Solved
BR07001-In Progress
Indigo-Ordered/Arrived
Gunmetal-Ordered/Arrived
Copper-Ordered/Arrived
Silver-
Handmade
Lime
Mini
Red-0032
Gold-
Titanium
zerohead133

Post by zerohead133 »

I was watching Bob's Burgers on Netflix (before they removed it) and stumbled upon the Marble Brain Store website. I found the Revomaze on it but didn't buy it due to the high price point. A few months later, after getting a better job, I decided to look up the puzzle... but couldn't remember the name. I just knew it was metal. I managed to narrow down my search to the ISIS puzzles and Revomaze. I opted for the Revomaze (Seriously, $400? No thank you)
BU03251 Solved!
GR01972 Solved!
BR02768

Return to “General”