Possibility of pre ordering the entire series?

General Questions
Naz737

Re: Possibility of pre ordering the entire series?

Post by Naz737 »

I am of the breathing room point. I'd pay. Help them with the next chapter of expansion.
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
Bidle

Post by Bidle »

This would be exactly the reason for me.
I'm also not in the first 20, but don't care much about it.
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

Ill pay revomaze a £20 bonus if my Mercury is here within 7 days... thats my only offer :lol:

but no, I wouldnt pay in advance when ive already waited 6 months longer then expected for just 1 of the new series of puzzles :(
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
noshaq

Post by noshaq »

I can agree with the breathing room part, but only to a certain extent. If they needed funds from several more puzzles now, then i would be worried that there wasn't enough money to complete the series. I understand that some "start up" money is needed, but then, the price of the puzzles should cover the material and working costs. And since the machinery is now in place, there shouldn't be any need for the aformentioned breathing room.

CE-set #12
CE012BU -> Open | CE012GR -> Open | CE012BR -> Open | CE012AG -> In hand
OR00212 -> In hand | LM00212 -> Closed
Barcared

Post by Barcared »

Seriously? Has nobody learned any lessons here?
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

Yes, we all were waiting for i.e. Gold and CE much longer than first planned, but till today i never was disapointed by the outcome.
So i have no problems in preordering.
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

Perhaps I was not very clear on my original thought.. I was not saying I would want to pre order the entire series at once.. But if they at looking at releasing the puzzles 2 or three a year like Sophie's original post said then it would be nice to pay a little ahead... Some months for me are much leaner than others and keeping cash on hand is not always possible.. I can't remember who posted about leaving it in the bank which is a very good idea.. But here in the US our cash on hand accounts generally have about a 1 or 2 % return rate.. Which is good if you have a lot of money in the bank but not so much if you have small balances.. My other thought for myself is the exchange rate... It could get better or it could get worse for me.. The British pound is worth more than the dollar so it costs about 1 3/4 more for me than the listed price. Personally I would love the option to make a few payments throughout the year rather than see the pre order option pop up and not be able to do it. For those that fel a little jilted on the time frame of this release I can understand your concerns.. But I will point out that it seems they are trying to make changes for the better.. And I waited almost a year past the release date for my last sonic games order.

Overall I think I would like the option to pay ahead but in no way was I suggesting it needed to be mandatory..
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
stet

Post by stet »

No.

No.

Just no.

I've pre-paid for a lot of puzzles which took months to years longer than originally promised to eventually show up (including the Mercury).

So, no.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

I have to agree with Nigel and stet. I remember a promise to not take any money until the puzzles are ready. Fine, if some capital is needed to start the process, I'll chip in for the puzzle, but I'm not pre-ordering 2,3,5 puzzles down the line.
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

The mercury is well overdue to arrived and was first promised for end of may 2013 and even for the first 20 they are not done yet .... Anything else to say would be futile
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury

Return to “Mercury General”