Newbie Silver owner checking in!

General Questions.
TheJuggler

Re: Newbie Silver owner checking in!

Post by TheJuggler »

In all honesty, if you're struggling with Bronze, I'd really suggest leaving silver for now. Bronze contains elements that will really help you in Silver, and without that, although it's not impossible to open Silver, the challenge is much harder.

Bronze is most people's favorite puzzle for a reason. And there's also a reason why there's only 33 people in the world have opened Silver. Silver is a very different beast to any previous RevoMaze, and will challenge you both mentally, and make you question yet again what you think you know about RevoMaze's.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

Gdamatov77 wrote:Better believe it. I see you are "supposedly having fun" on the silver now. How's it going for master stigy. My great older brother
Yeah, Silver's going ok. Life is getting in the way of me spending any time on it though. Have only spent about 4 hours on it so far, and am currently stuck rather early on, but have found some weird things to keep me interested. Just got to work out what to do with them :?
At least my time away from the Silver wasn't wasted as I won the Australia region of the competition I was competing in, so I get a trip to Germany and a 1 in 15 chance of winning a half million dollar car :D Anyway, that's getting off topic.
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

Stigy wrote:...At least my time away from the Silver wasn't wasted as I won the Australia region of the competition I was competing in, so I get a trip to Germany and a 1 in 15 chance of winning a half million dollar car :D Anyway, that's getting off topic.
...sounds intriguing...pray tell ...(could it be a silver car? - just to keep on topic)
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

It is actually. A silver arrow :D Maybe I'll create a thread in off topic.
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

Gdamatov77 wrote:So i wanted to check back in with you guys, those that own a silver that is.

I just recently read "Brian's Damm Blog Post" about the Silver Extreme and it quite made me scared on 2 levels.

1) What I am up against in a few weeks
I wouldn't be scared unless you are scared of pain, frustration, and loss of feeling in your fingers. For what it's worth though, I solved silver in less than 3 days, so I'm sure you will do fine :twisted: (I'm still icing my poor poor knuckles)

Gdamatov77 wrote: And to those who have opened it

2) Is it really dangerous trying to close it back up?
When I read someone's post on the forums a while back, I saw, "scared to close it up" or something like that.

I read this and thought it was just because they didnt want to have to deal with opening it again to see the inside later on, but is it really gonna be locked forever if closed incorrectly?
Naw, just follow the instructions to a Tee. By the time I was done with silver, I knew just about exactly what was inside it. There are some really high quality instructions for how to clean and reassemble it. I've fully taken apart and reassembled my silver at least a dozen times now with no problem. Word of warning, when you are really close to opening it, make sure you pull the sleeve out nice and slow!

And another BIG tip. DO NOT USE FORCE on silver. Even when you think you need to hug a wall real tight, chances are, you don't. I used a bit too much force on mine in a few places and now some of the walls are rounded off :cry:
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
Mercury (paid :cry: )
MT, SA
matrixagent

Post by matrixagent »

dignut wrote:I'm scared!
Be afraid...be VERY afraid >:D

But still enjoy the wonder that is silver.
RevoMaze 1 - Open
Open - :D
Open - How long is that!?
Open - Sneaky.
Open - My thumbs hurt.
Open - TWO of the little bleeders!!!
Lime "Infinite" - Open(first)
Open - Happy now
That'd be like giving a cat a reach-around
DatabaseMonkey

Post by DatabaseMonkey »

Interesting. My wife and father teamed up to order me a bronze, silver and gold for my birthday. The bronze and silver came in identical boxes without a label of which is which. After 4 days, she broke down and let me choose one box at random. She gave me the other one.

I open it to see the silver staring back at me. Looks like I'll start the bronze on my b-day ;) And fight with this until then :twisted:
Blue Obs V1: Open
Blue Obs V2: Open
Blue Obs Pro: Open

GO: Open
Black Obs V1: Open
Black Obs V2: Started

BR00455: Open
AG00195: In progress. Spinning
AUxxxxx: Arrived
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

I'm sorry :lol: :lol:
DatabaseMonkey

Post by DatabaseMonkey »

mattangel1 wrote:I'm sorry :lol: :lol:
I'm having fun :) I'm getting somewhere with the puzzle :D

Granted, that somewhere is the serial number :twisted:
Blue Obs V1: Open
Blue Obs V2: Open
Blue Obs Pro: Open

GO: Open
Black Obs V1: Open
Black Obs V2: Started

BR00455: Open
AG00195: In progress. Spinning
AUxxxxx: Arrived
hobbit

Post by hobbit »

Did you get the whole serial number to show? I'm still struggling with Bronze but got the Silver one a couple days ago. Was going to leave it bagged and boxed but finally decided to at least register it. Little did I know that even getting the serial number out far enough to read was going to be a challenge :-) Assuming there's nothing before the "A"...
Obsessions:
Blue, Green, and Black - Opened.
Extremes:
Blue, Green, Bronze, Orange - Opened.
Red, Silver, Gold - In-hand.

Return to “Silver General”