Revomaze extreme black - Out of stock check back soon?

General Questions & Registered Owners Group.
Paradox

Re: Revomaze extreme black - Out of stock check back soon?

Post by Paradox »

allardwza wrote: [1] - Would there be a backlash from collectors who own them on the grounds of the value of their puzzles being diluted?, and
Oh I think we could guess the answer to this one. Everyone would be thrilled, apart from around 20 people who I imagine would be more than a little bit annoyed. :?
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
AFKAN

Post by AFKAN »

Now I could understand that if the Black had been a seriously expensive piece of kit but it wasn't at the time ;)
Graham:-)
Ex
AG00078 - 22-03-11
R00104 - 06-01-12
OR00053 -20-01-12
LM - Hmm
TI00032 - Let's Go!!!...
Ob
Blue - 09-10-10
Blue Pro - 09-12-11
Green - 03-11-10
Black - 12-11-10
Black v2 - 04-02-12
Red - So near and yet...
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

...not all limited editions are 'expensive' if you buy them at the right time from the right people - I point the honourable gentleman to the Stickman boxes recently sold on buy-out (not on auction) on Paradise - some of them were available there for several days at a very fair price... and you know they'll change hands in the future for multiples of that price... ;)
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
hobbit

Post by hobbit »

AFKAN wrote:Now I could understand that if the Black had been a seriously expensive piece of kit but it wasn't at the time ;)
I agree completely - if they paid a high price ALONG WITH THE UNDERSTANDING AT THE TIME THAT THE HIGH PRICE WAS DUE TO IT BEING A LIMITED EDITION - they would be right in being miffed if more were produced and sold.
However, as far as legal issues, probably the most they would be entitled to is a refund of their original purchase price since any price higher than that is purely speculative ('beauty is in the eye of the beholder' defense).

Sure, easy for me to say, I wasn't around at the time and have no idea of the circumstances surrounding the sale of the LE Black Extremes and would love to have one in my collection.
Obsessions:
Blue, Green, and Black - Opened.
Extremes:
Blue, Green, Bronze, Orange - Opened.
Red, Silver, Gold - In-hand.
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

what makes the black so special to me and i assume most of the black owners (does that sound bad to anyone else?) is that we supported RevoMaze before it got big enough to be globally recognized. while i doubt the list is complete with only 20 names it does represent a group of us that were here from day one. and while that doesn't make us any more faithful than anyone else in the RevoFamily, it is an heirloom that comes with a slew of memories all of its own.

I'm sure chis could use or even recreate the original black design, however with other puzzle companies dipping their toes in questionable tactics, Chris is just way to upstanding to step foot into that negative arena. instead he has produced a new black. this satisfies all those who desire to own a black while keep the 20LE owners happy and not stepping on the toes of Ade (the engineer who designed the black and was supposed to design the yellow) or the machining company that made all the original puzzles.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

I sort of see where you are coming from. I like how its 20 of the original revo supporters that have the black.
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived
pcad

Post by pcad »

I can envision a series of Black mazes even if the engineering company stays the same. As long as the design comes from the company making them the color should be Black. Perhaps there'll be a new Black every year. Just a thought.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

kind of a neat idea
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
homework52

Post by homework52 »

I'd love for the Revomaze Extreme Black to be rereleased. I've been a big supporter since day one and I have every puzzle I've been able to order (including red/orange/3 obsessions/possibly collector edition). What it comes down to is that 20 just isn't many puzzles to go around. Same goes for the Handmade but given the time to make and cost a limit 20 is reasonable. I was here when both were offered for sale and tried to get them but missed out as did many others. I'd hope that if the black isn't rerelreased (says in the description that it won't be), then at least let future puzzles have a limit of 125-250 to ensure the collectors have a fair chance to get them.
BU00231- Solved
GR00108 - Solved
BR00113 - Solved
AG00205 - Solved
AU00037 - In Progress
R00076 - Solved
OR00037 - Solved
LM00037 - In Progress
Mercury 037 - Solved
Blue Obsession V1/V2 Pro - Solved
Green Obsession V1 - Solved
Black Obsession V1 - Solved / V2 - Solved
jsnbrtn

Post by jsnbrtn »

I can understand the frustration of all who were unable to obtain a limited version of the Revo. What also must be understood is that to rerelease the Black, or any other limited for that matter would lessen or remove the limited status the originals carry, and possibly value.
As said before although the price of the black at release was comparable to the extremes, as in any limited edition value increases in accordance with what someone wishes to pay for it, or sell it for that matter.
Re-releasing any limited edition would be wrong in my opinion, and no longer make them limited. ;)
Ex & Ltd
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN== v2
OPEN== v1 .....Just!!!
OPEN==
OPEN==
=[iiii]=
OPEN==
Obs
TEST==