For Lack of a Better Forum

Area for non-Revo related subjects
Stigy

Re: For lack of any good topic to post this

Post by Stigy »

Gdamatov77 wrote:thanks, i forgot i had made another useless topic. but yea, gdamatov stands for gabi damatov and 77 is referring to my favorite number twice. hence the 7 that stigy stole.

lol, jk stigy, i love u
:lol: Love you too Gabi ;)
Gdamatov77

Re: For lack of any good topic to post this

Post by Gdamatov77 »

to adam, u can, i mean it means good in hebrew, and my entire name in hebrew means

damatov- the good blood
gabriel- angel of god

together it comes out as
angel of god with the good blood

though not to be modst, but im sure as hell not an angel and definitely not good blooded
31s - 08/06/10 OPEN - 10/01/10 Boxed Boxed
BU01055 - 01/22/11
BR00127 - 07/26/19: ~20-30 Hours
AG - Boxed: Progress - 4 hours
AU - N/A
OR - Boxed: Progress - 1 hour
mattangel

Re: for lack of a better forum

Post by mattangel »

A personal feeling of mine is that a conversation is always better when all parties are exchanging ideas and sharing information equally. To this end, I wanted to see how I compared to other members. Unfortunately while doing this, I seem to have labeled myself as a hypocrite. Below is information on the forum members that are responsible for 76.5% of all posts. It lists their number of posts, their own percentage of forum posts and their posts per day. As a disclaimer for myself, this in no way reflects on the relevance of a member's posts, as I would hope that my own contributions are more stuff than fluff :P Enjoy!

My new goal is to become incredibly average. I can achieve this by creating no new posts until Feb 1, 2011. Let's see how far I can get :lol:

Feb 2, 2011 :?
Attachments
POSTS.JPG
POSTS.JPG (57.5 KiB) Viewed 7909 times
Last edited by mattangel on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

You have to laugh at some of those numbers :lol: Having almost 5% of the total posts is quite a figure, and there's a good few of us too. That said, quite a few of those are members that have been here a while so are bound to have higher post counts.

The post per day figures made me smile. But again, I wouldn't necessarily say it's a "bad" thing in most cases... let's be honest, as forums go, we're not massive, and we get an awful lot of people just passing by or just leaving the odd comment. How many currently active members do you think there are? Not as many as you'd think, I wouldn't mind betting.

To be fair, if we didn't have members who had, lets say, a higher than average post per day figure, then it's be a pretty quiet place. There's only so many times one person can post "I can't do it" or "I've done it", so the rest will be random conversation, and in any conversation there is usually someone who is slightly more dominant, be either the original poster or someone who has a strong opinion on the topic.

I think you summed it up well with the stuff:fluff ratio comment though :) I wouldn't want anyone that comes here to think that they can't / shouldn't post... it's just that a post with even a little stuff in it is infinitely better that one that's entirely fluff (in the majority of cases) :) & that a shed-load of fluff posts in a very short period is generally not considered that different from spam :evil:

Uninformative topic titles, however, drive me mad :evil: :lol:
mattangel1 wrote:My new goal is to become incredibly average. I can achieve this by creating no new posts until Feb 1, 2011. Let's see how far I can get :lol:
I don't think there's anyone here who wants that ;)

Chris
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
maztec

Post by maztec »

So, basically, G is going to pass everyone up in a week.

Watch out Cornette!
OOOOOOOoo
Gdamatov77

Post by Gdamatov77 »

i will slow down tremendously. damm i feel so bad about his. im sorry guys
BU01055 - 01/22/11
AU - N/A
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Gdamatov77 wrote:i will slow down tremendously. damm i feel so bad about his. im sorry guys
No need to feel bad, buddy! :P I've been on a "try to make the forum a better place" kick for the past couple of days and I noticed that I was posting very often. I wanted to take some time to reorient myself and hopefully the forum to providing more substance in their posts. We're here to support each other's addictions.
:D :D
Gdamatov77

Post by Gdamatov77 »

of all those people on the list though, i hav a feeling ive been here least amount of time, and i have the most posts in a day, and close to top posts.
BU01055 - 01/22/11
AU - N/A
Serial007

Post by Serial007 »

I don't really post that often although I do read through all of the posts and catch up at least three times a week. I would second a need for general cleanup but mainly in the area of official information.

To highlight my concern, I think the main information about the Red Revomazes for the longest time was buried in the Blue forum until the Red area was created which lead to a bit of confusion when I was trying to get the latest information when I was first starting out.

I really like how an announcement was made about the Handmades and if you needed information about how to get one during the time when they were being released it stuck straight out for everyone to find.

I think since the main page isn't updated that often, I think there should be a faq section or even a newbie guide for new visitors since this is most likely the first place someone would come when looking for more information.

It could be an all in one place, consolidating some of the more important gems of information that are spread across the forums. It could have things such as contact information and information on what to do when you have opened the maze, who the moderators are and what they can help with, general non-hint tips such as how mapping things out helps, solutions to certain problems such as if the core gets stuck in hot weather cooling the maze can unjam it, and reinforcement of what not to do such as banging or hitting the maze on things.

All of this information can already be found and is in the forums but I feel a central point of information for new people might help a lot when you all do reorganize the place.

Just my 2c / 2p...
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

Gdamatov77 wrote:i will slow down tremendously. damm i feel so bad about his. im sorry guys
I bet there's only one way you will be able to slow down. Read the forum less often. I know the feeling myself, you read something, and want to say something about it. So if slowing down is something you want, reading less often is the best way :)

Return to “Off Topic”