Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Area for non-Revo related subjects
mattangel

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Post by mattangel »

I think so, Brain, but where will we find a duck and a hose at this hour?

So the space between my ears is a fairly odd and scary place at times, and every now and then, I have an odd thought. My most recent one concerned the colour of the moon, and why it's white and not blue like our sky, but that is beside the point....I'm more interested in some of your ruminations!

With that said, please post any peculiar ponderings while we prepare for our pre-ordered puzzles.
Manifestjp

Re: Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Post by Manifestjp »

The only thought in my head right now is if rainbows are made of light then why can't I make it through the one on my damn red obsession?!? Chris' evil knows no bounds!! :evil:
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
maztec

Post by maztec »

mattangel1 wrote:I think so, Brain, but where will we find a duck and a hose at this hour?

So the space between my ears is a fairly odd and scary place at times, and every now and then, I have an odd thought. My most recent one concerned the colour of the moon, and why it's white and not blue like our sky, but that is beside the point....I'm more interested in some of your ruminations!

With that said, please post any peculiar ponderings while we prepare for our pre-ordered puzzles.

The moon is white because it's not bright enough for your cones to detect colors in it, but just bright enough for your rods to detect that it is lit, so it appears white in contrast to its background. Additionally, the moon shows you reflected sunlight and sunlight is white. Some people, due to correction done by their optical cortex, see the moon as yellowish instead of white. If there is a good haze out, it will appear deep red or orange - a harvest moon, primarily attributed due to dust particles being thrown in the air during harvest or from the burning of fields.

The sky is blue because it is bright enough to activate our cones and create a color. Nitrogen and Oxygen molecules refract and reflect the sunlight coming through the atmosphere, which ultimately reaches your retina. As a result, it appears to have a bluish tint. If you live in different regions of the planet the molecules in the sky can make it appear to be different colors - reds, oranges, grey, and other shades.
OOOOOOOoo
AndrusyszynPM

Post by AndrusyszynPM »

maztec wrote:
mattangel1 wrote:I think so, Brain, but where will we find a duck and a hose at this hour?

The moon is white because it's not bright enough for your cones to detect colors in it, but just bright enough for your rods to detect that it is lit, so it appears white in contrast to its background. Additionally, the moon shows you reflected sunlight and sunlight is white. Some people, due to correction done by their optical cortex, see the moon as yellowish instead of white. If there is a good haze out, it will appear deep red or orange - a harvest moon, primarily attributed due to dust particles being thrown in the air during harvest or from the burning of fields.

The sky is blue because it is bright enough to activate our cones and create a color. Nitrogen and Oxygen molecules refract and reflect the sunlight coming through the atmosphere, which ultimately reaches your retina. As a result, it appears to have a bluish tint. If you live in different regions of the planet the molecules in the sky can make it appear to be different colors - reds, oranges, grey, and other shades.
Wow, that's some killer science you just put down. Now time to get some more wine.
AndrusyszynPM
BR00266 - Opened - January 7th, 2010
BU00848 - Opened - January 30th, 2010
GR00318 - Opened - February 2nd, 2010
AG00158 - Opened - June 25th, 2010
R00081 - Opened - August 2nd, 2010
AU00081 - OPENED - March 17th, 2013
OR00081 - Opened
LM00245 - In Hand
ceagull333

Post by ceagull333 »

But the sun is yellow and gold is yellow therefore the duck is a witch.
BR110 Open GR296 Open GR Obs Open BU652 Open BLObs Open Black Obs Open AG104 Open Red Obs Open RD46 Open AU46 Open Purple (not right!)HM08LE (sealed)OR46 Open LM113 Open GM Open TI46 Open Aqua,CU on hand Indigo on order
maztec

Post by maztec »

ceagull333 wrote:But the sun is yellow and gold is yellow therefore the duck is a witch.
The sun is white. If the sun was not white, then anything that we normally perceive as white would be yellow instead. It appears yellow because after the blue light has scattered as it comes through our atmosphere the main colors left are red and green (mostly red), which are interpreted as yellow. However, enough refracted blue gets through that things like paper still manage to be white.

When the sun reaches the horizon, it has to come even further through the atmosphere, loses more of the other primary colors, and ends up looking primarily red.
OOOOOOOoo
AndrusyszynPM

Post by AndrusyszynPM »

If she floats like a duck, then she is lighter than wood, BURN THE WITCH!!!!
AndrusyszynPM
BR00266 - Opened - January 7th, 2010
BU00848 - Opened - January 30th, 2010
GR00318 - Opened - February 2nd, 2010
AG00158 - Opened - June 25th, 2010
R00081 - Opened - August 2nd, 2010
AU00081 - OPENED - March 17th, 2013
OR00081 - Opened
LM00245 - In Hand
jrainbow83

Post by jrainbow83 »

You can bath me but you cannot wash my mind.
Suskis

Post by Suskis »

this thread is much like those in MENSA board... ;)
RevoMaze Extreme Blue - Opened in 6 hours
RevoMaze Extreme Green - Opened in 4 hours
RevoMaze Extreme Black - Opened in 5 hours
RevoMaze Extreme Red - Working on it...
jrainbow83

Post by jrainbow83 »

In a fight between Batman and Darth Vader, the winner would be Chuck Norris.

Return to “Off Topic”