Skateboard & Revomaze

Area for non-Revo related subjects
prodigy

Re: Skateboard & Revomaze

Post by prodigy »

I learned a new trick yesterday:

* Fakie BS 5-0 Stall / Fakie BS Crooked Stall

I don't know what the correct name of it is.

I also crashed and landed with my thigh on the coping so I can barely walk today and it hurts really bad. I also have two cracked ribs for the moment so I guess I have to rest for a couple of days :) Maybe some time for solving a new puzzle!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Oh ouch, take care prodigy, skate injuries are no fun :? Definitely safer to puzzle for a bit... well, except for maybe your fingers! :lol:
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Btw watched both men’s and women’s street finals in the Olympics. Interesting to see the sport at that level, though I know a number of skaters that are not for it so am not clear how representative of top talent it was.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:46 pm Btw watched both men’s and women’s street finals in the Olympics. Interesting to see the sport at that level, though I know a number of skaters that are not for it so am not clear how representative of top talent it was.
I must look at that. Just need to figure out where to watch it :)
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

bluedot99 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:46 pm Btw watched both men’s and women’s street finals in the Olympics. Interesting to see the sport at that level, though I know a number of skaters that are not for it so am not clear how representative of top talent it was.
It is always possible that some talent has not been found yet, or didn’t get the chance to compete because he/she lives in a very poor area and is never spotted for instance, does not get a chance to be coached correctly etcetera.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Yeah, I think the profile of the Olympics will bring the sport to more countries too.

My comment was more relating to a sentiment within some of the skater community that the Olympics is not for skateboarding. I’m not sure I agree completely but I understand it. Skating has been overrun by corporate interests when it had been for so long more of a grassroots movement. Even long standing skate brands like Vans are now “lifestyle” brands and that doesn’t sit well with some of the old guard in skate culture.

I know the guy that runs Consolidated down in Santa Cruz (also home to NHS/Santa Cruz Skateboards/Independent) and one of the deck designs they have says it all.

https://consolidated-skateboards.myshop ... mpics-deck
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

New tricks today:
Half Cab Rock N' Roll
Fakie FS Axle Stall To Tail Stall

I think I must force me to try to come back into the ramp from a FS Axle Stall. Soo scary but I have to try soon. I also could get to the Fakie FS Smith Stall position but I cannot go back into the ramp. Scary with frontside tricks.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Nice progress prodigy!

Scary because you have to go BS back into the ramp? Soon both sides will feel about as difficult/easy. Did you see the 46 year old South African in the Olympics?

He didn’t do a whole lot, 50-50, smith grinds and some basic aerial attempts but mostly he just rode the ramps in the park. Still big ramps, but I bet those are skills you can get to! 🛹
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:13 pm Nice progress prodigy!
Thanks!

Yes due to I have to lean out into the ramp with my back it feels so scary. I still think I can do it but I have not dared to try yet. I really hope it is as you wrote that both sides will feel the same with some more practice. I try to take it step by step and learn all the basics first before trying some more advanced tricks.

I have not been able to find any olympics anywhere to see so I hope there will be available in the future somewhere. Sounds like something that isn't too impossible for me with a couple of years skating.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

After hours on the coping afraid of going back into the ramp from FS I did it today and I have now unlocked two new tricks:

- FS Axle Stall
- Fakie FS Axle Stall

Really fun and now I have to just stop and try to combine the tricks I have learned so far and also try to land the Fakie FS Smith Stall (I can stall but I have not tried to get back in yet).

Return to “Off Topic”