Skateboard & Revomaze

Area for non-Revo related subjects
prodigy

Re: Skateboard & Revomaze

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:55 am Sounds like the new ramp was a good experience! Maybe a better intermediate step?

I think like with Revos, it will seem like you are not making any progress for a long time and suddenly everything will click one day! :)
Yes the other ramp was a better step in between so I hope I will get the possibility to skate that a little bit more here in the future.

Yes it feels really like that and today it felt like a step backwards again with a lot of fails and falls. I was really tired in the legs after the early grabs yesterday. I guess I should maybe focus on one trick at a time and try to get that trick down for once in the steeper ramp instead of just try them all each session.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Today I tried to take it a little bit safer due to a couple of harder slams last time and two big hits on my shin. I managed to get the Rock N' Roll down on the steeper ramp today and that felt great. I also managed to get one early grab air over the coping but I crashed after the landing so it doesn't count, but great feeling with this trick when you are flying and can see the coping from above :)
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Wonderful progres! I bet seeing the ground from above is as exhilarating as it is terrifying when you start to fast approach it :lol:

But seriously, good job and keep getting better and being safe out there!
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

It feels better and better in the steeper ramp now and the tricks I can do gets better and better. Today I managed to do two BS 5-0 stalls in the ramp for the first time.

I also started a battle with a new trick. I was able to land it two times but crashed 10 times so I still don't have any control over riding back down again. The trick is a BS Crooked Stall (nose pick) and it is a nightmare to go back in again fakie. I have no control so far. I hope that I can continue next time and that I dare to try again.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Wow nice!

Dropping back in fakie definitely feels weird. I was never good when I tried, my weight was always too forward. Even snowboarding the couple of times I’ve tried small pipes it’s always the most awkward thing riding “backwards”.

It sounds like you are progressing very well! 8-)
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

It goes up and down in the progress, but if I look back I maybe have done good progress in the steeper ramp. I have not dared to try go back in fakie again so I have to try that in smaller transitions first. I tried in a small bank and I think I have the same problem as you describe that my weight is too much forward.

Today was a really great session were it felt good and not scary to skate. I also was able to finally get another of my earlier tricks down in the steeper ramp and it is Fakie FS Smith Stall. I managed to do the trick successfully at least 2 of 3 times and also stall longer with a good feeling and then get a little pop back in again. Really great feeling in this trick so it will be a new favorite :)
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Finally a new trick today: Boardslide (Rock N Roll)

What is the correct name for this trick? Is it just Boardslide or is it maybe Boardslide Rock N Roll? If you know, please help me here.

I was able to land the trick two times this evening but they where short. I started to try to go upp all the way during a Rock N Roll so I managed to "drop in Rock N Roll". When I managed to do this I thought the step to a boardslide wasn't big so I tried to slide the board 10 times and then it worked to lean out the body into the ramp again and ride down with a Rock N Roll. Very fun with something completely new again :)
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Hmm not sure… Rock and roll boardslide sounds like the right way to call that to me. If you just drop back after the slide it would be a boardslide to fakie. Usually tricks that are combined get called in the order they’re initiated. So here you’re starting a rock and roll and sliding in the middle of it. That’s how I would call it at least.

Anyway good job on that! A boardslide is not easy and can definitely be daunting, be careful out there!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Thanks, then I will name it Rock N Roll Boardslide then. :D
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

New trick: Fakie FS Lipslide

I at least think this is the name of the trick. Hard to find the easier versions of some tricks on youtube or google. I ride fakie towards the cooping and slide the board in the direction of my chest (with the nose towards the ramp).

Fun with something new :)

Return to “Off Topic”