Skateboard & Revomaze

Area for non-Revo related subjects
prodigy

Skateboard & Revomaze

Post by prodigy »

Anyone else here that loves skateboard and combine that with Revomaze solving?

I loved skateboarding when I was younger but have started again as an adult since three month now and I am an old man now. It is really fun to challenge yourself to learn new tricks and a good way to exercise. I only ride ramp today but I think that is really fun and great to feel the fear to try new tricks.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Brassassin

Re: Skateboard & Revomaze

Post by Brassassin »

Just don’t fall off your board while solving those Revo’s. Be careful!
Opened: BU BR TI OR GR IN MT AQ TQ AG
Closed: CU GM LM GY HM
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Brassassin wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:47 pm Just don’t fall off your board while solving those Revo’s. Be careful!
Haha, thanks for your concern. Yes that combination is maybe not the best :)
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

I skateboarded in the 80s and 90s when the boom happened, my first pro board was an Alva Bill Danforth. Lived the whole vert to street to freestyle fusion that culminated in all boards being double tail whereas before there were different boards for each discipline.

Where I grew up in Spain we didn’t have skateparks so it was all street skating, I have tried vert only a few times and am no good at it :lol: so big props to you for still dropping in prodigy! I haven’t really skated in about 20 years but SF has a big skate culture so I see lots of people of all ages in all kinds of boards cruising the streets here :) One thing that I still do that is related is snowboard but not heavy on the tricks and not big pipe or big parks or anything crazy off piste either!

I think now I’m a little more weary of easily breaking/twisting something… I especially wouldn’t want to miss and land a flip on the edge as I remember doing on more than one occasion growing up :?

So yeah prodigy, be careful but skate on… sk8 or die! :D
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

You could use revomazes as skateboard wheels I guess, solve em by riding your board 😎
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I will not try vert, but I am practicing on my mini ramp skills. I also did most street riding when I was younger but we did build a ramp that was quite bad but I could mostly just drop in and do a kickturn.

Now I have at least got a couple of basic tricks down and I started again this spring due to that I found a local group here with older ramp skaters (45-60 years old) and that was perfect for me to be able to skate with other adults. I always have all pads I can find including wrist guards, crash pants and back protection :)
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

prodigy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:05 pmI found a local group here with older ramp skaters (45-60 years old) and that was perfect for me to be able to skate with other adults.
Oh that’s perfect! Yeah I’d have a hard time keeping up with the kids these days, so an old skater group would be the only way to go 😅

I went to an art opening house party here a 3-4 years ago where they had a mini ramp setup in the basement/garage and kids (well teens to 20s) were pulling all kinds of tricks!

One of the resident artists painted the whole mini ramp and I’m pretty sure some of the crew skating were Thrasher crowd here in SF. Wasn’t dressed for the occasion (nor would I have jumped in with them!) but I did try some flat varials with one of their boards and got a huge surprise at how loose trucks are setup these days compared to how we had them back in the day!

I took a short video of them, I’ll see if I can find it and link it somewhere… definitely had a moment of nostalgia and wanting to skate again, and now you’re doing the same! :D
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Ok found it and uploaded to Vimeo!

https://vimeo.com/576510031/3dbe233fbf

Doesn’t look like I was taking video when they did some of the crazier stuff but there was a huge crowd later on with some really big tricks going on. There is a link to the Instagram page for the art residency venue in the description of the video, for a couple of years a number of their shows were skateboarding focused.

Prodigy I expect to see a video of you doing some of this soon! ;)
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Thanks for sharing that video! Looked like a fun session (and a nice looking ramp) to watch with a lot of action.

Yes many people have really loose trucks, specially the guys that skates the bowl and do all the carving. I have tightened mine a lot but maybe I can loose them more and more when I get better balance.
bluedot99 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:15 pm Prodigy I expect to see a video of you doing some of this soon! ;)
Maybe I get courage enough to put a short video up in the future :)

The mini ramp tricks I have learned so far are:
  • Drop In
    BS Kickturn
    FS Kickturn

BS Slash Grind

BS Axle Stall
    FS Axle Stall To Tail Stall

BS Feeble Stall

BS 50-50 Grind
    BS Feeble Grind

Rock To Fake
    Rock N’ Roll
    Tail Stall
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Oh nice, solid list of tricks! I am sure you'll be adding some slides and blunts to that list in no time :) (and for the record I don't think I ever got as much done on mini ramp as you have already, so great job!)

As far as loose trucks, I definitely never had mine as loose as they seem to have them these days. I imagine it provides better control on grinds and faster turns but wow, my balance was not used to that at all when I tried that one guy's board. I felt very wobbly and totally like a newbie :lol:

Return to “Off Topic”