Skateboard & Revomaze

Area for non-Revo related subjects
prodigy

Re: Skateboard & Revomaze

Post by prodigy »

Today I landed two new tricks a couple of times:
- Fakie BS Pivot/5-0 Stall To Fakie
- Half Cab

Half Cab is a really beginner trick that I have not dared to commit to but after I practiced Rock To Fakie where I have my body wight full on deck and can stand there for a couple of seconds and then go back in again it opened up for a Half Cab. Fun to finally land this trick.

EDIT: I think I forgot to update last time that I also have landed:
- FS 50-50 Grind To Fakie
- Fakie FS 50-50 Grind To Fakie
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

prodigy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:43 pm It is now around one and a half year since I started with skateboard and I though it could be fun to list the tricks I have learned so far (some of the tricks I can only land now and then). I do not list any combination trick here, I want just to list the basic tricks that I have learned. So here we go:

Street
01. Ollie
02. Flip On/Feet Stomp

Ramp
03. Drop In
04. Switch Drop In
05. BS Axle Drop In
06. FS Axle Drop In
07. Switch BS Axle Drop In
08. Switch FS Axle Drop In
09. Roll In
10. BS 5-0 Drop In
11. FS 5-0 Drop In
12. BS 5-0 To Fakie Drop In
13. BS Nose Pick Drop In (roll in)
14. BS Nose Pick To Fakie Drop In

15. BS Kickturn
16. FS Kickturn

17. BS Slash Grind

18. BS Axle Stall
19. FS Axle Stall
20. Fakie BS Axle Stall
21. Fakie FS Axle Stall
22. BS Axle Stall To Fakie
23. FS Axle Stall To Fakie

24. BS Feeble Stall
25. FS Feeble Stall
26. Fakie BS Feeble Stall
27. Fakie FS Feeble Stall
28. BS Feeble To Fakie

29. BS Smith Stall
30. FS Smith Stall
31. Fakie BS Smith Stall
32. Fakie FS Smith Stall

33. BS 5-0 Stall
34. FS 5-0 Stall
35. Fakie BS 5-0 Stall
36. Fakie FS 5-0 Stall

37. BS Crooked Stall/Nose Pick To Fakie
38. BS Crooked Stall/Nose Pick (roll in)

39. BS 50-50 Grind
40. FS 50-50 Grind
41. BS 50-50 Grind To Fakie
42. Fakie FS 50-50 Grind
43. BS 5-0 Grind

44. Rock N Roll Boardslide
45. Fakie FS Lipslide

46. Tail Stall
47. Nose Stall To Fakie

48. Rock To Fake
49. Switch Rock (Fakie Rock)
50. Switch Half Cab
51. Rock N’ Roll
52. Half Cab Rock N’ Roll

53. Fakie Disaster (Fakie Pop Rock)

54. BS Early Grab

55. Ollie To Fakie
56. FS Ollie
Wow that’s quite a list! Congrats on making such great progress in such short amount of time! 🛹🥳
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:02 pm Wow that’s quite a list! Congrats on making such great progress in such short amount of time! 🛹🥳
Thanks!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I did commit for one BS Pivot To Fakie today and ended up in a shoot out and a hard fall. I don't feel I have control over my weight distribution when going back fakie from 5-0-position and it wasn't just to commit in this case, I need to have the basics in place first. I cannot lean back as I want to feel safe. So my conclusion is now maybe to stop new tricks for the moment and go back and practice what I have learned so far and be more comfortable riding back fakie down the ramp. I think I rush things now and that isn't safe. I don't want to hurt myself due to taking risks, but it went well this time. Better to take it slow :)
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Ah well, falling is part of learning in skateboarding for sure! But if you don’t try to go for too much too soon as you are talking about doing, then you’ll be fine and hopefully only have minor falls.

That’s the one thing that keeps me away from trying to skateboard now as an older adult. I fear it would sideline me from tennis because I’d inevitably have some injury. Had to stop competitive league soccer for that reason too (I had my ankle broken because of someone’s slide tackle into me).

Stay safe but keep challenging yourself, you’re making great progress and love reading these reports!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Today I landed my first BS Pivot To Fakie. I couldn't stop trying the trick so now I will continue due to I now know I can land it. I also managed to do a good BS Feeble Grind and that was a trick with a great feeling.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I am still skating :)

I have not been able to do the new tricks into the steeper indoor ramp but I have at least been more familiar with it and it feels less scarier to skate. So I have mostly just been skating and try to be a little better on familiar tricks. I have also tried to practice the FS Ollie a little bit more and can sometimes do it over the cooping. One day it works and the next day it doesn't so I have a little bit more practice do be done. Yesterday I practiced to do the FS Ollie straight up and down again and I think that will be the key to be able to land it every time.

One new trick that I can land 50% of the tries is Boardslide To Fakie. Really fun trick and feels great when it works.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Stepping up to a bigger ramp is a huge undertaking! It’ll take time but you are making progress every time you step in! I never was brave enough to do any that were taller than 1.5m and was never any good at that one. Really only managed the 1m bowl… that extra 50cm was a huge step up, and I never even tried the 2m and up ramps at all! And that was when I was a teenager, in my 40s now I’m not sure I’d try any of it :lol:

So yeah, to me it sounds like you are doing great!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Yesterday I landed two new tricks in the wooden bowl (over the hip):
  • Backside Ollie
  • Backside Air
Really fun tricks and I managed to be over the cooping a couple of times. :)
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Happy to keep reading of your progress! 👏💪🛹

Return to “Off Topic”