Skateboard & Revomaze

Area for non-Revo related subjects
bluedot99

Re: Skateboard & Revomaze

Post by bluedot99 »

Nice going!

Yeah when I hear trick names in competitions on TV these days, they often have more details than what we would call them as teenagers back in the day, so I think you are on the right track describing all of it.

What do you mean by “lipslide”? Is it a tailslide perhaps?.. or a boardslide?
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:57 pm What do you mean by “lipslide”? Is it a tailslide perhaps?.. or a boardslide?
As I understand it is that a boardslide is when the tail is towards the ramp while sliding the middle of the board. A lipslide is the opposite so the nose is towards the ramp while sliding the middle of the board.

Maybe I am wrong here...

So lipslide (what I can find) is like this:
Attachments
lipslide.jpeg
lipslide.jpeg (109.3 KiB) Viewed 4428 times
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Today I dropped into the bigger pool at the indoor skatepark and managed to do a couple of Axle Stalls. Scary but a great feeling to ride in this bigger pool. I think it is around 180-200 cm deep so scary to drop in.

It goes fast when you ride down but a slower feeling in a weird way, so I really enjoyed the feeling. I guess I will practice some more in the pool to get used to the height and the steepness.

When I went back to the mini ramp again it felt like it was just 30 cm high and I had a hard time just to drop in.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Ok I never did much ramp so didn't realize they had different designations depending on whether you were facing down the ramp one way or the other for the boardslide.

Cool that you are doing the bigger pool! I bet it feels like a huge difference, the speed increase alone is no joke, makes you feel all out of control I imagine... but once you get used to it I am sure you'll enjoy it better. Haven't skated in 30 years basically, but more recently had similar feelings when trying bigger jumps, etc.. in the snow park with snowboarding. 80cm to 150cm feels more like 80cm to 5m :? then going back down to 80cm feels more like 30cm :lol:

The brain is good at tricking us! ;)
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I have never tried snowboard or skiing downhills. I can see that there is a huge difference between those jumps and also the feeling when being in the air.

Yes our brain is really interesting how it works and how it trick us. I think I will try to at least drop once every time I am in the skate park just to get used to the speed and feeling.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I managed to land a couple of BS 5-0 Stall in the steeper ramp today. Fun that it finally starts to be possible to handle them. Long struggle with this trick.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I went to an outdoor skatepark today to practice rock to fakie but half of the park was covered in snow and ice. I managed to drop in and did some axle stall in the part of the pool that was possible to skate.

I have also practiced the BS 5-0 Stall a little bit more and it works better and better. I have also practiced Fakie FS 5-0 Stall and that one feels really good.

Feels like a period where not much happens and no progress, but I guess I will do some progress with general board control etc.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Is there such a thing as ice skateboarding? You could invent a new sport! :lol:

Good job keeping at it even with snow and ice! Progress doesn’t have to be just new tricks, refining the basics will help everything so good job on taking that on as well! Learning new things is the fun part for me too though, it’s like with solving Revos; I’m most excited when I find a new area or mechanism and less so when I navigate something I know already without mistakes for example :)
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:18 pm Is there such a thing as ice skateboarding? You could invent a new sport! :lol:
A small snowboard maybe :) idea!

Yes I agree that all practice is good and to skate a different transition is really good practice. I hope there will be much more outdoor skateboarding now and hopefully some Revomaze solving too soon!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

While waiting for the new Revomazes or any kind of Revomaze related information, I have started to practice Nose Stall Revert. I have been able to get the slide motion down in the transition. After that I started yesterday to lift the rear wheels and then do the revert slide slide. Took that higher and higher up in the ramp and was able to do one Nose Tap Revert. I took a couple of slams due to my weight wasn't in the correct place and the board shooting out as a result. Hope to get at least more nose tap versions on next session.

Return to “Off Topic”