Skateboard & Revomaze

Area for non-Revo related subjects
prodigy

Re: Skateboard & Revomaze

Post by prodigy »

Today I practiced to roll in fakie on transitions in an outdoor park. I started low as I practiced earlier and went higher and higher. Managed to roll in on chest high transition today and I hope and feel it might be enough to be able to do the same in the indoor ramp tomorrow.

I tried to lift up my wheels while roll in but the transitions in the park did not have a cooping. It was scary during the whole session but I didn't crash so I just had to handle my fear :)

I hope this tactic will open up my rock to fakie on the steeper indoor ramp that I have had a problem with since day one. I will be back with a report tomorrow if it were enough.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

With all this progress you can’t be far from putting together a highlight reel to share! ;)

Good luck tomorrow on the bigger ramp!
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Yes maybe do something like that soon.

A great day today. I did it. I managed to do many Rock To Fakie both middle of the board and fully decked today in the steeper indoor ramp. I am really glad about this and it took me 13 months to dare to try the trick in this ramp. Now I must get used to get speed and include it in different lines but I directly felt that the lines will be more fun due to that I can change direction in the middle of the line. :D
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

That’s great progress prodigy! Congrats! Stick to the bigger and steeper ramp for sure, I bet it’ll be a lot of fun learning new variations. That, plus I think once you’re comfortable with the extra speed a lot of things will be easier with the extra momentum.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:10 pm That’s great progress prodigy! Congrats! Stick to the bigger and steeper ramp for sure, I bet it’ll be a lot of fun learning new variations. That, plus I think once you’re comfortable with the extra speed a lot of things will be easier with the extra momentum.
Yes I guess you are right here. It feels more fun in one way and if I could learn this trick I think the others will come. Just pick a trick that feels like the next step and try to practice movement etc on small transition etc and the try it on the steeper ramp after that.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Just an update. I did skate another "safer ramp" 10 days ago but crashed twice so I hade to rest a couple of extra days to be able to skate again. It was scary to try Rock To Fakie again for the second session in the steeper ramp after the extra long break but I managed to do it. I have now had another third session and it felt good with the Rock To Fakie now. Many other of the basic tricks starts to work really well now so it starts to be really fun to skate lines now and many times I can just run until I feel it is enough without a crash or mistake.

It feels like a big step in my progress and I feel I am ready for some new challenges with new tricks or just be able to get the scary once more often (e.g. Fakie FS Smith Stall).

I skate together with three new friends now that are all adults that started to skate for 15-24 months ago, so it feels great to share the same journey together.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

That’s great! So cool that you now have a group of like minded individuals with similar level to share and encourage progress with. It’s like when we share about the mazes here on the forums… Any given journey is so much better shared :D

I’ve been playing a lot of tennis lately and recording my matches with an app specifically for it, trying to improve to get better for league and have found a solid set of teammates that are also all about getting better. Much easier to make progress that way! :)
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:12 am I’ve been playing a lot of tennis lately and recording my matches with an app specifically for it, trying to improve to get better for league and have found a solid set of teammates that are also all about getting better. Much easier to make progress that way! :)
Sounds great and fun to have an app specially for that. Always fun to try to get better on something and learn new things. It will be so much more fun to prctice your hobby/sport then. I have always thought tennis is fun and interesting sport but I have not been good at it and you cannot practice on your own. Tennis sounds like a safer sport than skateboard :)
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I managed to learn a new trick today: Ollie To Fakie

It was not high over the coping but I managed to do them with 1/3 of the board above the coping and I super happy with that. I son't think I will try to do them much higher in the beginning. I will try to do them each session now and maybe learn to land on the back wheels to not risk a hangup. I will study a couple of Youtube videos during the weekend to see if I can get some more details to think of.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Nice! Soon enough you’ll be doing grabs off of those ollies I bet! Every time I read about your progress I have an urge to get back on a skateboard and see what I remember… I stopped in my 20s so it’s been a good 20y now since I last skated! :?

Return to “Off Topic”