Skateboard & Revomaze

Area for non-Revo related subjects
prodigy

Re: Skateboard & Revomaze

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:45 am Nice! Soon enough you’ll be doing grabs off of those ollies I bet! Every time I read about your progress I have an urge to get back on a skateboard and see what I remember… I stopped in my 20s so it’s been a good 20y now since I last skated! :?
There are many of my new friends that have been away from skateboarding for both 20 and 35 years so no excuse :) Now my wife's brother have bought a skateboard and started this weekend to skate. He is not as old as me, but 35 years old and he have never skated previously. He have just been inspired when I have been skating :)

So start to skate! You will have so much fun and good sport to stay healthy!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Not much news regarding the skateboarding. Not much progress but I try to keep skating. Today I did Frontside Ollie but just in the middle of the ramp, but a start and I will try to work my way up higher and higher.

The Rock To Fakie feels great now and I have no problem at all with them. Both rock in the middle of the board or fully decked. So there are some progress but not as much as I want. Also The Fully decked Rock N Roll works all the time now and I am also getting some speed now so I can do one on the other side or a Rock To Fakie.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Some progress today. I managed to do my first Frontside Ollie directly after drop in. Feels so different but I will try to practice that from now on. I tried to get as little speed as possible so it was only high as the cooping and not over it. I will try to get used to this first and then try to get more and more speed and hopefully take it over the cooping. The good thing now is that it is possible to do the trick in a line.

I have also practiced Half Cab Rock N Roll again and managed to do it more often now. I will try to focus on these two tricks now so I can be able to learn them in this ramp.

It have been many many falls so my hip is sore now and it isn't nice to land on it for the moment :D
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Ouch, sounds like progress still comes at a cost just as I remember from my youth :? Take care of that hip! Exciting that you are getting to ollie on the ramp itself :)
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Yes that hip, I continuously take a fall on the hip each session :) Hope I will get better soon :)

New trick today. I managed to do three 50-100 cm long BS 5-0 Grinds today. It will take some time to understand the trick and be comfortable with leaning back so much but it felt great to land a couple of them today.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

I joined you on the injury list :? Turns out tennis can also cause trouble (or maybe it’s old age :lol: ) Strained my soleus muscle on the right leg. Worse part about an injury is not being able to do what caused you the injury!

Glad you’re back on and learning new things. I think your next trick has to be how to not fall on that hip! ;)
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

To bad with your injury then! I agree that the worst part is to not be able to do what caused you the injury.

Yes I must learn how to not slam on the hip all the time. I have practiced the FS Ollie a lot now. Not much progress, but a little better each session. I have landed on my hip every session and the last one three times and the last one with a hard fall. So no I have to skip this trick until the hip has healed.

I think I should get a couple of more tricks and maybe some safer tricks to practice during this FS Ollie period :) It is so fun to skate now so I just want to continue but I have to listen to my body :)

Good thing is that we soon will get three new Revomazes to play with. This will help us during this period of injuries!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I have still some pain in my hip but much better so I have done my best to not land on my hip now and kept the promise to not practice FS Ollie.

Today I restarted my practice on Nose Stall Revert and I managed to do Nose Tap Revert on the cooping. It felt like I will have this trick soon just have to practice one or two more sessions. I hope to be able to practice FS Ollie again next session.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Today I skated the last indoor session for awhile due to that they are closing for the vacation period. I will now try a couple of concrete ramp/pool places and the micro ramp I started in last year. I think it will be a fun period and hopefully a possibility to learn new tricks again.

The FS Ollie works almost all the time now on cooping height but I don't always get a good pop so think I just have to practice now a good ollie so I dare to take it over the cooping.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Will be good to be outdoors I’m sure, even if the surface is different but I bet weather is getting nicer there as the summer approaches. Well done on the progress too!

I’m now sidelined with COVID since Tuesday ☹️ My case is mild at least, which I’m thankful for, but I read ramping back up to perform at prior levels takes a few weeks (assuming no long lasting effects are present) 😞

Return to “Off Topic”