Area for non-Revo related subjects
dasrevo

Re: DASREVO Puzzle Hunt 2020

Post by dasrevo »

You are welcome and I love it that you guys play this 😀👍
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

Just participated in chris_linnick’s puzzle party on Zoom and that was nice!

Revealed the solution to puzzle #2 there, the qr-code thing, as it is nice to keep people involved. Two people have solved it without the zoom meeting and hints.

So, the MultipleDimensions part was a clue that the qr code is in fact a layered code, two dimensions, one qr code per layer.
To reveal the second qr code, which brings you to the next puzzle you need to open the picture of the qr code in either gimp or photoshop (lightroom could presumably also work) and simply need to search for pixels that are different.
Normally white has rgb value of 255,255,255 but if the values are 254,254,254 the human eye will not spot that, so wont your qr code reader.
So, go ahead and modify some pixels and you will have the second qr code in front of you!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

dasrevo wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:43 pm Just participated in chris_linnick’s puzzle party on Zoom and that was nice!

Revealed the solution to puzzle #2 there...
I don't know if I think this was good or not. Maybe unfair to CoelacantheMan that actually solved the puzzle. I hope he can get some benefits from this. But I can say that I never had solved it, I was in the middle of converting the QR code to a nanogram and tried to combine the numbers to a code that would give me the address. At least I can stop trying with that project :D
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Lilmike14

Post by Lilmike14 »

CorelDraw had added the extra colours to my palette and I just dismissed them as artefacts of a low res image :lol:

That'll teach me to have some critical thinking for next time
Solved -- Blue & Blue Pro, Green Obs, Bronze, Salmon, Titanium, Aqua & Gunmetal
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

I am very sorry if I have spoiled the fun for people who solved it by themselves, that was not my intention.
I just wanted pull people in more and show the kind of thinking you need. I received messages from people who were completely off track and I dont want people obsessively trying to solve these puzzles and spend too much time on it.

But I was wrong and I learn from that.

So the people who reached out to me that they solved it will be contacted by me and will receive the answer to the puzzle they currently are working with, if they want.

Apart from that, no more clues will be given anymore till the end and the rules I setup are still the same.
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

Lilmike14 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:49 am CorelDraw had added the extra colours to my palette and I just dismissed them as artefacts of a low res image :lol:

That'll teach me to have some critical thinking for next time
Yes! That was what I wanted to achieve!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

It wasn't easy even with the solution, but very clever puzzle but I had not solved it without the solution. I will give the third puzzle a try and I only have one idea that I will try.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

prodigy wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:22 am It wasn't easy even with the solution, but very clever puzzle but I had not solved it without the solution. I will give the third puzzle a try and I only have one idea that I will try.
Don’t give up though! 😊
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

mereacregrigore18 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:06 pm Am I the only one being stuck?! :lol: :o
This is harder than a Revo, Dasrevo!!
😂😂😂
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I cannot do any progress. It feels I have tried everything now but maybe I get a new idea later.

Return to “Off Topic”