Myrtle Beach 2009

Area for non-Revo related subjects
cornettracing80

Myrtle Beach 2009

Post by cornettracing80 »

(for some reason i cannot post new topics in general ,Revomate can you please move this to General =] RevoMate: Done)

Myrtle Beach ,South Carolina on the eastern seaboard of the U.S.A
Bay Watch Resort
http://www.oceanaresorts.com/myrtle-bea ... efault.asp

Where to start :roll:
Well, my family and I drove to West Virginia (12 hours) AFTER my shift on last friday....We slept and continued onto myrtle beach (8 hours) with my wifes parents and my wifes sister's 4 year old son....
monday and tuesday went really well...soaking up the sun...rum...catching crabs (on the beach i mean :oops: :lol: )..etc.
on wednesday i lost my wallet at a outdoor shopping center called "barefoot landing"... :( ...dig this!...another family found my wallet (200 usd in cash inside)..they used my hotel keycard and my I.D. to TRACK ME DOWN!!! :shock: :shock: 30 minutes after realising i lost it,i had it back.....unreal...(thank you,Jesus)....i guess there are a few good people left out there :D :D
we went to cherry grove pier and i caught a 50 lbs. angelfish...it was awesome!....so i figured that the wallet fiasco was going to be the only bad thing to happen..right?...
:( :(
on thursday while my mother inlaw was taking a nap with the 4 yr old in one of the suite/condo's rooms ....the room caught on fire via an electrical short in the lamp cord on the nightstand......
our suite was on the 4th floor,my wife ,myself and my father inlaw where out on the ocean side balcony overlooking the pool....my 17 yr old daughter was showering in the hall washroom by the suites bedrooms.
she heard the 4 yr old "charlie" screamming bloody murder in that room where he was napping....she threw open the door and saw that room had filled with smoke and that the oxygen machine my father inlaw requires was running....she started screamming FIRE FIRE ...i raced in....after evac'ing "nana" and charlie i began beating the flames out with a pillow ...while my wife ran down the outside hall to find an extinguisher.
we had no problem with the 5 foot flames once we had the extinguisher.
the smoke alarms where going nuts...we opened the balcony doors at which time the smoke cloud blew by "tower one" ...the people in tower one pulled the fire alarm and that evac'd the whole resort!!!!
i stayed in the room until the fire marshall arrived to check out the situation.
they relocated us to an upgraded suite...but i stuck around to make sure they didnt try to pin it on me.....they didnt say a word!...no "sorry"...no comp.s....nothing...the smoke detector didnt work in the room that caught fire....it was surreal!!....i mean these suites are around 1500 for 5 days....its an apartment.....i couldnt believe it!..my mother inlaw is traumatized....bad....
worst thing ever to happen on vacation yet...by far!
on the positive side i did get quite a bit of "real" fireworks from the stores there....and we did have alot of fun besides,hell my kids are used to this kind of thing living around me :lol: :lol: :lol: ...as i have said i ,myself,have been on fire.. it was kinda scary.....but i live for that kind of stuff...you cant buy that ticket at the amusement park! :shock: :o
i was worried the oxygen machine may explode while i was fighting the fire....watching my wife use the extinguisher in her bikini was about the hottest thing ever!...i almost threw her down on the smoldering bed!! :twisted: :twisted:
anyway,i am back,i am sunburnt,hungover,drove a total of 45 hours and almost got smoke inhillation....but it was still amazing!
oh and did i mention?...it was "seniors week" in myrtle beach...all the nations graduated seniors where down there!....you know what that means!!!!!....yup! tons of 18 yr old string bikinis walking around :P :P :P

the fire was a fluke,i am just "lucky" like that. :|
it was 107 degrees ferrenheight there on friday..it was cookin'!

jimmy buffet,fruity rum drinks,the ocean.....who cares if the room is on fire,we can sleep on the beach :D

sorry,no "booty shots",my wife was taking the photos :x
Last edited by cornettracing80 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
The hardest part of a Revomaze is putting it down
BU00080-Solved
GR00080-Solved
BR00080-Solved
AG00080 V1-Solved 1st ever
AU00080-IN PROGRESS
R00080-Solved
Revomaze Obsessions Solved
Blue
Green
Red
Black