Painting Arrows

Area for non-Revo related subjects
CzMeteo

Re: Painting Arrows

Post by CzMeteo »

Orko wrote:Cut them off and glue on new ones. :lol:
This is not a very good idea if you want nice looking arrows. In order to completely remove fletching and fletching glue, you have to use a specific razor and a certain chemical. You also do not want to use hot glue or any super glue. Hot glue won't hold and super glue is too brittle. Most of the time they will use a special fletching glue or a type of epoxy.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

CzMeteo wrote: The best way to do this is to go to your local archery shop and have them replace the knocks and fletchings. Black is a common color and it will be no problem. To have the fletchings properly removed and replaced with new ones can range from $1-$5 per arrow depending on the quality of fletchings and how much the dealer wants to charge you. $3 per arrow is a good price for good arrows and good fletchings. Knocks should not be more than $1 a knock.
Thanks for the help!

You'll probably hate me as I'm actually destrying perfectly good arrows in this process. Since they are being used as props for part of a costume I don't need them to be functional, but I do still want them to look functional.
The arrows themselves are going to be severed about halfway down the shaft removing the heads. The fletching end will be sticking out of an arrow tube, and the arrows will be secured in place within the tube. Not only does this make it lighter but it also negates any chance of me getting arrested for posession of an offensive weapon. :?
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
AFKAN

Post by AFKAN »

Release the hounds :shock:

I take it you're going as Hawkeye then??? :twisted: :D 8-)
Graham:-)
Ex
AG00078 - 22-03-11
R00104 - 06-01-12
OR00053 -20-01-12
LM - Hmm
TI00032 - Let's Go!!!...
Ob
Blue - 09-10-10
Blue Pro - 09-12-11
Green - 03-11-10
Black - 12-11-10
Black v2 - 04-02-12
Red - So near and yet...
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

Paradox wrote: Thanks for the help!

You'll probably hate me as I'm actually destrying perfectly good arrows in this process. Since they are being used as props for part of a costume I don't need them to be functional, but I do still want them to look functional.
The arrows themselves are going to be severed about halfway down the shaft removing the heads. The fletching end will be sticking out of an arrow tube, and the arrows will be secured in place within the tube. Not only does this make it lighter but it also negates any chance of me getting arrested for posession of an offensive weapon. :?
Would it not have been easier, and a whole lot cheaper to buy a length of dowel rod, some 1/8" ply and make some 'fake' arrows? Spray paint them black, and stick them in the bag? All told a few pounds in cost, and a couple of hours work... (says the woodworker who spent 2 hours tuning a jig at the weekend)
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

AFKAN wrote:Release the hounds :shock:

I take it you're going as Hawkeye then??? :twisted: :D 8-)
You are correct sir! :D
TheJuggler wrote: Would it not have been easier, and a whole lot cheaper to buy a length of dowel rod, some 1/8" ply and make some 'fake' arrows? Spray paint them black, and stick them in the bag? All told a few pounds in cost, and a couple of hours work... (says the woodworker who spent 2 hours tuning a jig at the weekend)
That almost certainly would've been cheaper, but I don't really have the tools or the technical knowledge to pull it off. I supppose I could've tried with a Dremel and the like, but I doubt it would look as good as the real thing.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)

Return to “Off Topic”