Dutch Cube Day

Area for non-Revo related subjects
Bidle

Dutch Cube Day

Post by Bidle »

Well, I just came home from the Dutch Cube days. It was my first social event regarding puzzles and I liked it.
All friendly people willing to share their knowledge about puzzles. So I learned a lot and happy with all the info. Unfortunately I don't know how happy they are at home with it. ;)
Also finally met Wil Strijbos, I'm a big fan of his puzzles. He is really a nice guy!

I didn't had much time but did score some nice puzzles! :D

-Alcatraz
-4 step removing coin
-Up/Down
-Jugo Flower from Wil
-Apple from Wil
- Wooden turtle
-Two puzzles from Peter Knoppers
-Lox in box II
And a few more,.... enough puzzling to do. :)

Will make some photo's soon.

Please share your puzzles and experience from this day,.... if not, you missed a nice day! ;)
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

Currently in the train on my way home from a very good puzzling weekend including the Dutch Cube Day. My suitcase is much heavier than it was yesterday! I bagged several puzzles from Vladimir, from Wil, and others. There also were interesting talks about N-ary puzzles, puzzles in education, and puzzle hunting in Japan!
The UK guys and our friends from Denmark are on their way to Schiphol.

Bidle I regret not meeting you, or were you the guy I shortly talked to about lox in box at Wils table?

No new speed cubing record was set today, but seeing those guys (some only 12 years old) solve cube after cube in less than 15 seconds does not stop amazing me.
Bidle

Re:

Post by Bidle »

a-maze-ing wrote:Currently in the train on my way home from a very good puzzling weekend including the Dutch Cube Day. My suitcase is much heavier than it was yesterday! I bagged several puzzles from Vladimir, from Wil, and others. There also were interesting talks about N-ary puzzles, puzzles in education, and puzzle hunting in Japan!
The UK guys and our friends from Denmark are on their way to Schiphol.

Bidle I regret not meeting you, or were you the guy I shortly talked to about lox in box at Wils table?

No new speed cubing record was set today, but seeing those guys (some only 12 years old) solve cube after cube in less than 15 seconds does not stop amazing me.

Possibly yes! Somebody advized it to me, was it you.. It is a nice puzzle and already solved it. Was good advice, now I'm hungry for more puzzles like these.

ps. Indeed remarkable how they solve them so quickly! I'm already happy to solve a 3x3x3 in less than 2min. :lol:

Return to “Off Topic”