SpaceX Launch 9/29/13

Area for non-Revo related subjects
pcad

SpaceX Launch 9/29/13

Post by pcad »

Just finished watching another successful SpaceX launch ! Reminds me of when I watched the manned space flights in the 60's and 70's.

There were several firsts with this launch. This was the first time they launched from California, first flight with new engines, new engine layout, new longer tanks, new fairing, and the first time reaching a higher polar orbit.

Very impressive! Looking forward to another Florida launch soon.

I'm not sure, but I think I heard that they restarted the engines on the first stage a while after stage separation. Maybe a first step to making the grasshopper a reality?

Congratulations to SpaceX! I know at least one member here works there.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
left027

Re: SpaceX Launch 9/29/13

Post by left027 »

Wow it's been forever since I was on the forum. Yeah that launch was awesome! It's been almost a year and we've launched 5 more since then. Crazy times. Picked up my silver again haha. Hopefully one of these days I have some time to solve it.
BU01079 2/8/11; GR00471 2/19/11; BR00473 2/23/11; AG00251 Revo-ing; Gold Sitting in its plastic bag
OR00031 Revo-ing; R00091 Revo-ing;Blue Obsession 3/23/11; Green Obsession 3/23/11; Black Obsession 3/6/11
pcad

Re: SpaceX Launch 9/29/13

Post by pcad »

Welcome back!

Can't wait to see a dry landing of a first stage F9 or Dragon. I'll be even more impressed if a second stage can be reused.

Really looking forward the seeing the Draco escape system being tested. Go 3D printing!!!
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves

Return to “Off Topic”