Help me if you can I'm feeling down....

Area for non-Revo related subjects
Merlin06

Help me if you can I'm feeling down....

Post by Merlin06 »

Hi Guys

I don't know if this is really the right place for this but after scanning the internet with little success I cannot think of anywhere / one else to ask.

Last Monday I put my back out (suspected slipped disc) while unlocking my front door. Having had two previous episodes of slipped discs over the last 5 years I took the normal pain killers and anti infammatory's although unlike the last couple of times the pain continued to worsen.

Saturday morning the pain was so bad I was unable to move my legs and get out of bed which resulted in an Ambulance taking me to A&E where they checks my reflexes and told me that my back muscles had been damaged / weakened trying to compensate for the slipped disc.

Since Sunday I have managed to find a way to get to a seated position in bed without pain though every day as soon as I get into a seated position my back goes into spasm which causes incredible pain and leaves me being unable to walk or move for around 2-3 hours. As the day passes I do becomes practically pain free and movement / flexibility starts to get better but then when I wake the next morning the back spasms start again and I'm back to square one - It feels like groundhog day!.

Anyway after nearly a week of these back spasms and no sign of improvement I am getting more and more down. My doctor just keeps prescribing me stronger pain killers and anti inflammatory's which relieves the pain but refuses to send me for an MRI scan to see what actually is wrong with my back.

I have had 2 weeks off work and looks like a 3rd week will happen and am / was due to go on holiday with my partner and his family to Spain next weekend which I don't think will happen.

I feel the NHS have just written me off at the age of 28 and due to cost wont bother doing the scan to find out what's happening and just keep supplying me with pain relief.

Has anyone else had back problems of similar issues to what I am experiencing with back spasms that can give me advise as at the moment I'm feeling rather down and alone.

Kind regards

Andy
BR*****
AG*****
TI00276
CU*****
Lucie

Re: Help me if you can I'm feeling down....

Post by Lucie »

Hi Andy, you are not alone at all ! I have a lot off back pain myself, but not as worse as you describe. And I know many people who suffer from back problems. You should be very carefull with the position you sleep in, because you seem to have most pain in the morning. And for me yoga excercises help to strenghten my muscles, since I excercise every day my back is a lot better, but you must start slowly and not force anything. At some moments I had so much pain that I could barely walk, I have to avoid carrying heavy things. A hot shower or bath in the morning also helps to warm the muscles and ease the pain.
http://1002-puzzles.blogspot.be/

BU02051 open
GreenV2 open
BronzeV2 arrived 18 september 2013
kev1n

Post by kev1n »

Pm coming your way in a moment. Not right to discuss in public but I work in the NHS and have nearly 2 decades experience of working with acutely painful episodes and have worked with spinal surgery for a very long time.

Return to “Off Topic”