Post by Alimorris »

I have to agree.....an AWESOME display/collection
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
prodigy

Re: Puzzle Display and Storage

Post by prodigy »

a-maze-ing wrote:I see metal is you thing, right? No wood, no twisties.
Yes only metal puzzles. I had to limit my collection, but I like all kind of puzzles :)
Rdroege wrote:I to use the Besta shelves, as they are much more customizable in regards to size, doors, drawers, wood, etc. What are you using to stand your revos up in?
Yes, BESTÅ is great with only 20 cm in depth (7 7/8 "). For the stands, I use GLIMMA (IKEA):

OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Fantastic collection and presentation of puzzles. Truly awesome.
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
jerryloo71

Post by jerryloo71 »

prodigy wrote:
a-maze-ing wrote:I see metal is you thing, right? No wood, no twisties.
Yes only metal puzzles. I had to limit my collection, but I like all kind of puzzles :)
Rdroege wrote:I to use the Besta shelves, as they are much more customizable in regards to size, doors, drawers, wood, etc. What are you using to stand your revos up in?
Yes, BESTÅ is great with only 20 cm in depth (7 7/8 "). For the stands, I use GLIMMA (IKEA):

Yes, very impressive collection. We are similar, I like metal puzzles too!

The Glimma tea light holders from Ikea area a nice way to hold the Revomazes upright...the bottom half of the Revo goes into the holder right? Is it stable enough? Ie it won't easily topple over?
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

jerryloo71 wrote:The Glimma tea light holders from Ikea area a nice way to hold the Revomazes upright...the bottom half of the Revo goes into the holder right? Is it stable enough? Ie it won't easily topple over?
Yes, they are really stable so you they cannot topple over or end up slanting. Yes the bottom core goes into the holder and both the Red and Lime are in opened state in the picture. You cannot see any difference between an opened and closed Revo. Perfect if you can accept to have them upright.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
pcad

Post by pcad »

For a less expensive similar stand, the cardboard tube of a roll of TP works well too. They can be cut to size and painted or decorated to match each Revo. If you have kids it can be a little craft project for them.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

pcad wrote:For a less expensive similar stand, the cardboard tube of a roll of TP works well too. They can be cut to size and painted or decorated to match each Revo. If you have kids it can be a little craft project for them.
Less expensive, yes, but they are not expensive £2 for a 12 pack:
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00114167/
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

pcad wrote:For a less expensive similar stand, the cardboard tube of a roll of TP works well too. They can be cut to size and painted or decorated to match each Revo. If you have kids it can be a little craft project for them.
A-ha... sounds like you are a Blue Peter Fan. Cool idea though. I like things thrifty and ingenious.
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
jerryloo71

Post by jerryloo71 »

prodigy wrote:
jerryloo71 wrote:The Glimma tea light holders from Ikea area a nice way to hold the Revomazes upright...the bottom half of the Revo goes into the holder right? Is it stable enough? Ie it won't easily topple over?
Yes, they are really stable so you they cannot topple over or end up slanting. Yes the bottom core goes into the holder and both the Red and Lime are in opened state in the picture. You cannot see any difference between an opened and closed Revo. Perfect if you can accept to have them upright.
Thanks. Off to Ikea this weekend to buy some.
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Inspired by my fellow puzzlers, I went to IKEA a few days ago and bought a BESTA shelf. I think I should have bought something with many shallow shelves, but for my modest collection, this will work fine. Here's my new display. Hanayama gets the top shelf, followed by the non-Hanayama wood, plastic and bronze. The revos in my new 9 way case are nestled amongst my Games magazine collection, which dates back to 1978.

My wife saw some of the other collection pictures posted here and told me not to get any ideas. :(
Attachments
My puzzle shelf
My puzzle shelf
IMG_5103 small.jpg (240.64 KiB) Viewed 15238 times
Hanayama detail
Hanayama detail
IMG_5105 top small.jpg (247.25 KiB) Viewed 15238 times
Starting over

Return to “Off Topic”