My New Toy!

Area for non-Revo related subjects
TheJuggler

Re: My New Toy!

Post by TheJuggler »

What Suzi is it? Year, upgrades, mileage?

I've ridden a few, and they're nice enough bikes. The Japanese bikes are all pretty easy to ride as a first bike. Dukes can be more of a handful, but really with any bike, just take it easy to start with and build your confidence and familiarity with the bike before you go nuts.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
maztec

Post by maztec »

TheJuggler wrote:What Suzi is it? Year, upgrades, mileage?

I've ridden a few, and they're nice enough bikes. The Japanese bikes are all pretty easy to ride as a first bike. Dukes can be more of a handful, but really with any bike, just take it easy to start with and build your confidence and familiarity with the bike before you go nuts.
Riding it down the freeway, with the front wheel off the ground, is nice and easy, right?

Group of guys do that around here almost every night, blow through town on just their back wheel, seeing how far they can possibly go without dropping back down.

Few months ago one of them did it, and didn't notice a curve coming up . . . he became part of a tree.
OOOOOOOoo
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

maztec wrote:
Riding it down the freeway, with the front wheel off the ground, is nice and easy, right?

Group of guys do that around here almost every night, blow through town on just their back wheel, seeing how far they can possibly go without dropping back down.

Few months ago one of them did it, and didn't notice a curve coming up . . . he became part of a tree.
All too easy for it to go wrong!

Getting the wheel up is easy. Not flipping the bike, so the tail hits tarmac, with you under the bike, slightly harder. Not bringing the front wheel down with a jarring thump is harder still. I don't recommend it, but there are schools out there that will teach you to do it if you so desire, using bikes with frames fitted to prevent flipping and so on.

I'll stick to keeping 2 wheels on the ground. There's little enough rubber there with two wheels, and I like my organs where they are ;)

smiteo

Post by smiteo »

If I wanted to ride on one wheel, I'd ride my unicycle!
:)
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

smiteo wrote:If I wanted to ride on one wheel, I'd ride my unicycle!
:)
Ditto. Might need to pump the tyre up first though ... it's been a while.

Although perhaps the Unocycle would get us there faster? (Google it :D)

smiteo

Post by smiteo »

definitely!
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
AFKAN

Post by AFKAN »

TheJuggler wrote:All too easy for it to go wrong!

Getting the wheel up is easy. Not flipping the bike, so the tail hits tarmac, with you under the bike, slightly harder. Not bringing the front wheel down with a jarring thump is harder still. I don't recommend it, but there are schools out there that will teach you to do it if you so desire, using bikes with frames fitted to prevent flipping and so on.

I'll stick to keeping 2 wheels on the ground. There's little enough rubber there with two wheels, and I like my organs where they are ;)

Very True :?

I've done a wheelie course and met the then Top Gear presenter Steve Berry, and what a dick head he was :roll:

Good fun if you want to try it in a safe environment, and it's just one of those biking things you HAVE to do at some point :lol: (like getting your knee down ;))
Graham:-)
Ex
AG00078 - 22-03-11
R00104 - 06-01-12
OR00053 -20-01-12
LM - Hmm
TI00032 - Let's Go!!!...
Ob
Blue - 09-10-10
Blue Pro - 09-12-11
Green - 03-11-10
Black - 12-11-10
Black v2 - 04-02-12
Red - So near and yet...
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

Say hello to my little friend! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
maztec

Post by maztec »

Hello little friend.
OOOOOOOoo
ceagull333

Post by ceagull333 »

This one is two weeks old! 2011 Suzuki TU250X. Very fun to ride. Did 190 mile loop last weekend. Need to get those break-in miles.
Attachments
TU250.jpg
TU250.jpg (83.19 KiB) Viewed 8262 times
BR110 Open GR296 Open GR Obs Open BU652 Open BLObs Open Black Obs Open AG104 Open Red Obs Open RD46 Open AU46 Open Purple (not right!)HM08LE (sealed)OR46 Open LM113 Open GM Open TI46 Open Aqua,CU on hand Indigo on order

Return to “Off Topic”