Puzzle Place

Area for non-Revo related subjects
maztec

Re: Puzzle Place

Post by maztec »

Paradox wrote:There are now over 1000 puzzles to browse through on Puzzle Place!

Thoughts and suggestions are still welcome. :)
Yes, where can I subscribe to a Netflix style puzzle club? It would be awesome to pay $10-$20/month and in exchange get sent 2 puzzles at a time. Once I solve them or get frustrated, I send them back, and 2 more puzzles are sent to me. Maybe require me to pay S&H each time. Could source them through puzzles each person has, give a kickback to that individual for the rental of the puzzle, and help spread the love. Could either be two random puzzles, or puzzles within the ones I've shown interest/selected.

Puzzle Place would be an awesome catalog to do that from. ;)
OOOOOOOoo
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

As good as it sounds I'm not entirely convinced that a system like that could work when it comes to puzzles. For DVDs worth no more than a few quid it works just fine, but I don't fancy shipping expensive puzzles around the world to someone who's paid in something like 10-20 dollars. Puzzles getting lost or damaged would be an absolute nightmare! :?
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

I'd like to be able to browse only those puzzles that are available for immediate purchase. I can't stand having my heart broken as often as it is :oops:
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

That's not a bad idea Matt. Although the only problem that I foresee is that the price and availability sections are only designed to be a guideline, and they are not 100% accurate. So it could end up disappointing you even more!
Puzzle Paradox Blog

maztec

Post by maztec »

Paradox wrote:As good as it sounds I'm not entirely convinced that a system like that could work when it comes to puzzles. For DVDs worth no more than a few quid it works just fine, but I don't fancy shipping expensive puzzles around the world to someone who's paid in something like 10-20 dollars. Puzzles getting lost or damaged would be an absolute nightmare! :?
Throw down a $1,000 damage deposit. Or whatever the value or estimated value of the puzzle is for rare puzzles. Hold it in escrow. If damaged, boom person gets money. If undamaged, you get the money back or more puzzles. Things like that are why insurance exists.

Plus, you can be particular about whether you want to lend out your rare expensive puzzles or not. Maybe get an even greater kickback if it is a rare one you pass out.
OOOOOOOoo
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

maztec wrote:
Paradox wrote:There are now over 1000 puzzles to browse through on Puzzle Place!

Yes, where can I subscribe to a Netflix style puzzle club? It would be awesome to pay $10-$20/month and in exchange get sent 2 puzzles at a time. Once I solve them or get frustrated, I send them back, and 2 more puzzles are sent to me. Maybe require me to pay S&H each time. Could source them through puzzles each person has, give a kickback to that individual for the rental of the puzzle, and help spread the love. Could either be two random puzzles, or puzzles within the ones I've shown interest/selected.

Actually I found a group doing exactly this. they were swapping Revomazes amongst other puzzles.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

There is now a Stewart Coffin Designs Page on Puzzle Place for anyone interested in Stewart's puzzles (past and present).

Although as you can see many pages are yet to be created for most of them. So if any of you have any pictures or info (and in some case names) for any of those puzzles then let me know. :)
Puzzle Paradox Blog

maztec

Post by maztec »

ReVoRabbit wrote:
maztec wrote:

Actually I found a group doing exactly this. they were swapping Revomazes amongst other puzzles.
They local or all west coast?
OOOOOOOoo
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Paradox wrote:There is now a Stewart Coffin Designs Page on Puzzle Place for anyone interested in Stewart's puzzles (past and present).

Although as you can see many pages are yet to be created for most of them. So if any of you have any pictures or info (and in some case names) for any of those puzzles then let me know. :)
I'll have to add pictures of a 39 and 39A shortly :D

Excellent idea to have them listed!
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

I've added up to 256, as that's 'Check Me Out'. One of the exchange puzzles from this year's IPP designed by Coffin. I can post pics and description later.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/

Return to “Off Topic”